missmuffet

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

So many hunt imaginary witches whilst the real ones parade around our children unobserved casting spells of disobedience upon all and sundry. There will come a time when they put to death the righteous thinking they do God a favor...

Name just one.

14 minutes ago, Davida said:

There is no imaginary witch hunt but there is deception that pops it's head up to defend false teachers & false doctrine.

King James Bible
They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

http://www.jesusisprecious.org/false_religion/sda/works_salvation.htm

Ellen White is sadly burning in the very place of Hell that she denied exists. Miss White taught a false plan of salvation of partial faith in Christ plus works. Although she claimed that salvation was by faith alone, through grace alone, in Christ alone, she also employed double-speak, as do all false prophets. According to Miss White, to be saved requires much more than just faith in Jesus Christ; but rather, she states on page 136 of “The Mount Of Blessing”...

“But the way to life is narrow and the entrance strait. If you cling to any besetting sin you will find the way too narrow for you to enter. Your own ways, your own will, your evil habits and practices, must be given up if you would keep the way of the Lord. ...” [emphasis added]

SOURCE: The Mount Of Blessing; Ellen G. White; chapter 6, page 136.

Clearly, Ellen White is requiring giving up one's sinful will, ways, habits and practices to be saved. The Bible is plainly speaking about going to Heaven in this Scripture passage. Matthew 7:13-14, “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Miss White stipulates that no one can find life in Christ unless they give up their will, sinful ways, evil habits and ungodly practices. This is a works-based Gospel, which is “ANOTHER GOSPEL” (2nd Corinthians 11:3-4). This is NOT “the simplicity that is in Christ” (2nd Corinthians 11:3).

@Brakelite No one is averse to obedience, we all want to do our best to obey but what too many legalists just cannot seem to "get" is that we are not saved by our 'obedience'. Nor can we be perfectly obedient

Wake up already, we are telling you this for your own good, stop drinking the kool aid. It may taste good to you but its going to kill you

I personally don't know her life or her teachings myself, I do know she has become an idol to the SDA church, they have effectively added to the word of God with her writings, like Catholics with their catechism and Judasim with their Talmud........whether that was her doing or not I don't know.  But whatever is going on with the SDA or whether it was always like that, it is very rotten fruit now, Im sorry to say.  And I just know we can have no fellowship with a false light even when it has some teachings right and quotes scripture.......if it's not on the right foundation it all has to be tossed out lock stock and barrel.....and come back to Christ, amen, to His simplicity and pure word.  It is through faith in Christ, and in Him, that we are no longer under sin's dominion.  Not come out of sin's dominion and then seek Christ.  It's not possible to come out of sin's dominion and be holy apart from Him....His strength, His nature and spirit within......He it is who leads us and teaches and disciplines, and helps us to be holy, it is His work in our lives and hearts to conform us to His likeness.  Where we find that we fall short, it is He we come to seeking strength, forgiveness, healing, cleansing or whatever we need to be able to follow Him.   There is a need to be careful of how these things are brought.....the Pharisees held up a standard of holiness, but then shut the door in people's faces so that they couldn't find it.......I think it is condemnation and self-righteous smugness that does that.....there is a way that can drive people away from Jesus instead of bringing them to Him.   But a humble and contrite spirit the Lord does NOT despise.....humbly and sincerely seeking and pursuing holiness and to be like Him, that is the goal, the prize and crown, that we are running our race for.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 1/23/2018 at 12:48 PM, brakelite said:

Why is it that Christians today are so averse to obedience?

It is lack of humbleness... They say in their hearts: "I am a sinner anyway, I'll just continue in this no one is perfect after all.".

And it is because of such proud heart that God's grace resist and such people are unwilling to submit to God.

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up." - James 4:7-10

And in such state, they cannot hear His voice.

"For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them." - Matthew 13:15

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

King James Bible
They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Those were the jews of Jesus day and Paul's day. Not only jews but also grntiles.. Now its mostly Moslem. It's Islam who persecute the christisns. Your of the false teachers who claim being Christian.  So we warn of false teachers and persecution. In worthy we have the legalist who deceive people to walk by the old testament.  And not by grace. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

2 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

It is lack of humbleness... They say in their hearts: "I am a sinner anyway, I'll just continue in this no one is perfect after all.".

And it is because of such proud heart that God's grace resist and such people are unwilling to submit to God.

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up." - James 4:7-10

And in such state, they cannot hear His voice.

"For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them." - Matthew 13:15

Amen........and faith too, believing like Abraham that God can do what He said He would do, even though we have not the ability in ourselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

Saul was a gentile and a Jew. And as far as false teachings go I fear you are sadly mistaken. You and your entourage appear to be chasing me around the board. Shame on you.

• Oy Vey! 1

Name one.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88

It is lack of humbleness... They say in their hearts: "I am a sinner anyway, I'll just continue in this no one is perfect after all.".

You don’t have a clue as to what is in my heart and you could not be more mistaken. Such arrogance and ignorance combined into one short sentence  would be impressive if it were not so sad.