• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

50 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I would cry of course .  CAUSE ITS A ONE TIME EVENT .   that means TOO LATE FOREVER ,   FOREVEVER , for me .

the early church knew the day of the LORD was a one time event .    JUST NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT TAKE ANY TYPE OF THAT TECH in The temple which is GODS.

we glorify GOD both n SPIRIT and in BODY.   so yeah , don't take what thatwicked God hating system has to offer in Gods temple.

But at least you said you wont .  SO that is a start .  just stick with that .  NO TAKEY satans ring .  

Actually, God is a God of second chances! It is NOT too late for some who will miss the rapture. If they are strong and are willing to lose their head to make heaven their home, they will be in that group shown in the first part of Rev. 15. And they will be in the group in chapter 20 also, reigning with Christ! But they could have kept their head if they had been ready when Jesus came. 

the rest of your post kind of went right over my head. 

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Writing of an escape can be written as passive while  the escape itself is not. This is not proof. 

No, if that was the intention then the middle voice would of been used. Since the middle voice plays both roles being the subject and recipient.

For example escape in Rom 2:3, Hebrews 2:3

However the intention of Luke 21:36 being active voice is the same intention of  Acts 19:16

them, so that they fled out of that house

It was by their own actions that they fled. They did not get raptured out of the house.

We are to overcome by our actions; we are to escape by our actions.

Luke 21:36 is a throughback to luke 21:21

Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains

Flee is a active voice. It is by their own actions they are to Flee, not be rapture (recipients) to the mountains.

My guess is, if we could ask 5th graders to read this chapter, and ask them the meaning of verse 36,  most of them would say, it is to escape the bad things they read about in the earlier verses. 

Scripture calls us to be innocent like a child not think or interpret the word of God like a child 

1 Corinthians 14:20

Brethren, do not be children in your thinking; yet in evil be infants, but in your thinking be mature

I don't expect a 5 yr old child to understand verses that are mature in thinking.

Why did He leave them in slavery for so long? Ask Him!

It certainly wasn't for Him to beat his future wife with 10 pleagues

Edited by inchrist

17 hours ago, inchrist said:

Wrong

1 Thessalonians 4:17 snatch away is a future passive verb voice.

Where as in Luke 21:36 katischuó and ekpheugó are an active verb voice.

In otherwords; an active voice, the subject performs the action. Example: the bull stamps the ground

In the passive voice, the subject is the recipient of the action. Example: the ground (reciepient) is stamped by the bull 

Why in luke 21:36 would they need to prevail ( active voice) if they are raptured? In otherwords because the harpazó is a future passive verb; the rapture does not depend upon our own strength in any way.

You are force fitting a rapture into Luke 21:36 which the Greek text contradicts the entire concept of the rapture which is not by our own action but by Christs action.

Therefore the understanding of verse Luke 21:36 of strength; previal and escape is best understand by the verse

stand up and lift up your heads (previal/ have strength), because your redemption is drawing near

escape is best understand by the continuous theme "watch" know the seasons, understand the prophecies so you can flee.

Then we must conclude God was beating up his future wife Israel in Egypt with the 10 plagues.

There is a God side and a human side to almost anything in our life. For salvation - that is regeneration - the man side of the equation is to hear the word and believe it, and then be willing. The God side will then be accomplished by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

When it comes to the rapture, the same thing applies: there is a God side to the rapture, as in HE does the snatching, but there is a man side also: He told us to WATCH no less than 14 times. Of course, it goes without saying that part of he man side of the rapture equation is to be "in Christ." That comes with regeneration as explained above. 

In Paul's exegesis of the catching away, I summarize it:

Paul tells us there is a suddenly coming - a sudden event with no warning - which will be the dead in Christ rising. But following that immediately (milliseconds?) those who are alive and in Christ will follow and be changed and raised up with the dead in Christ, and together will meet Him in the clouds. 

Paul does not end there, but tells us that associated with the dead in Christ and alive in Christ rising, there will come "sudden destruction." Those that live in the light of the gospel will be raptured - caught up - and avoid the sudden destruction, while those living in the darkness  - not born again - will NOT be caught up, and it will come on them as a snare; there will be no escape, for the sudden destruction will be world wide. Those caught up will get to "live together with Him," or "so shall we ever be with the Lord." Or as Luke put it, to "stand before the Son of Man." 

However, the raising of the dead, some of them LONG dead, will cause a worldwide earthquake. Matthew wrote, "the earth did quake...and the dead were raised." This was when Jesus raised the elders of the Old Covenant. Adam was probably one of those raised - and others before the flood. Abraham was probably one of them. My point is, the atoms that once made up those bodies could have been scatted far and wide: but God brought those bodies together in an instant - and that caused a mighty earthquake. It will be the same when the dead in Christ are raised - only this time it will be worldwide because the dead in Christ are world wide. 

So what is the man side to the rapture? It is to be ready: to hear the word, believe the word, get born again, fellowship with God so He knows us, and will not say "I don't know you." This includes watching for His coming, and EXPECTING His coming.  In the parable of the virgins, was it God's fault that half of them ran out of oil? No, there was a man side to that story: keep the lamps full of oil.  In the parable of the talents, there was a man side to that story. 

Matthew finishes chapter 14 with this:

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

This again shows us there is a man side to what is coming: the days of GT. Will we "escape" the "sudden destruction" by being ready when He comes? Or will we suffer the sudden destruction, then the 7 long years of judgment (if we survive the sudden destruction)? 

On the other hand, is this scripture of "escape" more pointed to the Jews and Hebrews that are living in Judea, and must flee at the abomination to be saved? Perhaps your Greek studies would say yes. It will be up to each individual to flee and flee fast. Woe to those whose bodies will not allow them to run! I believe both Matthew 24 and Luke 21 is pointed for more to the Hebrews than to the Gentiles. For example, Christians will not be in synagogues. 

Maybe you are right: maybe the Greek parsing proves this verse should not be used for the escape of the rapture. Yet, the rapture will certainly be an escape for what is future to that time on earth. 

8 hours ago, inchrist said:

No, if that was the intention then the middle voice would of been used. Since the middle voice plays both roles being the subject and recipient.

For example escape in Rom 2:3, Hebrews 2:3

However the intention of Luke 21:36 being active voice is the same intention of  Acts 19:16

them, so that they fled out of that house

It was by their own actions that they fled. They did not get raptured out of the house.

We are to overcome by our actions; we are to escape by our actions.

Luke 21:36 is a throughback to luke 21:21

Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains

Flee is a active voice. It is by their own actions they are to Flee, not be rapture (recipients) to the mountains.

Scripture calls us to be innocent like a child not think or interpret the word of God like a child 

1 Corinthians 14:20

Brethren, do not be children in your thinking; yet in evil be infants, but in your thinking be mature

I don't expect a 5 yr old child to understand verses that are mature in thinking.

It certainly wasn't for Him to beat his future wife with 10 pleagues

If you remember, the worst of the plagues were not seen in Goshen. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

Salvation thru the Blood of this Jesus who is the Christ is the fullness of " preparation " for everything .

It cannot be otherwise .

Giving any earthly  thing,  event , or process the preeminence  above being consecrated by the Blood of  Christ , and giving it greater need than Jesus's salvation  is a message straight out of hell .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Hi LightShinesInTheDarkness,

If you want to prepare for the trib, then you need to know HOW the Lord will JUDGE YOU.

So let`s look at how the Lord will judge at that time.

`All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides His sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, "Come, you blessed on my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

- for I was hungry and you gave me food;

- I was thirsty and you gave me drink;

- I was a stranger and you took me in;

- I was naked and you clothed me;

- I was sick and you visited me;

- I was in prison and you came to me."

......"Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it TO THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, you did it to me." (Matt. 25: 32 - 36 & 40)

So if people think they are going through the trib, then they better get ready to LOOK AFTER THE LORD`S BRETHREN - THE JEWS. That is what you will be judged on. Matthew is talking about those of the nations who will go into the kingdom rule of God through Israel (as promised) in the millennium.

And that has nothing to do with the further revelation of being part of the Body of Christ - IN CHRIST - joined to Christ and when complete, come to the maturity of faith in what we believe. Then God sends Jesus to bring His Body to the third heaven where we will judge fallen angels and the World System during the tribulation.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

True

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Salvation thru the Blood of this Jesus who is the Christ is the fullness of " preparation " for everything .

It cannot be otherwise .

Giving any earthly  thing,  event , or process the preeminence  above being consecrated by the Blood of  Christ , and giving it greater need than Jesus's salvation  is a message straight out of hell .

It is POTENTIAL preparation for everything: We have all that we need in Christ to do whatever God wills under any circumstances. But we also have free will to choose to obey Him and to avail ourselves of His grace in time of need. If you think you can enter the Trib in a state of rebellion against God (deliberately disobeying what you know He commands and know that He wants you to do or not do, and living impenitently in known sin of some kind) and that He is going to help you to overcome the temptations of that time, you are sorely mistaken. (And if you don't believe me, see what happened to the people of Israel when they were disobeying the Lord and went into battle against their enemies.)

You'd better repent if you need to if you expect God to support you, and not assume that He's going to help you to be victorious no matter what you choose to do with your own free will: THAT, is a message straight out of hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You use a lot of words, and a high moral tone, but you don't actually say anything.  All I took from the above post is that you seem to think you are the only Christian out there who is not sinning egregiously every day.  Everyone else is going to Hell.

(I certainly hope you are not sinning egregiously every day.)

What you took from my post is incorrect; but given that that is what you took from it, I don't think it's worth explaining---based on my own experience with people who make responses like these. It is of no effect.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

1 hour ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:
6 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

It cannot be otherwise .

But we also have free will to choose to obey Him and to avail ourselves of His grace in time of need.

And it is Christ who sees into the heart and determines exactly who , " chooses to obey Him "  .

Newsflash ,  that's what Jesus does .

Not you or any other member of the post- trib super saintly collective present   whose time 

would be much better spent humbly striving to forgo passing judgement on the hearts of others in favor of battling the inner source of their own duplicitous pontifications .