• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

On 25/01/2018 at 6:56 AM, Neighbor said:

Is there a good prayer for stupidity?

Not that I want more stupidity, and I will live with what  I have, but is there a good prayer of warning not to use it to the extent I do sometimes?

I am in such pain! I know better yet "stupid" takes over, and I  say so what that you are alone and the seven foot tall china hutch with the heavy glass doors is too much for one person to move never mind take out of the house. Get it out of the house and ready it for the trash truck if someone doesn't take it with it's FREE sign taped to it anyway. Just do it, go ahead. And I do.

Oh, Neighbor, bro; you do make me laugh!  (Sorry about your pain.)

Let me tell you about my stupid:

I prayed to the Lord for wisdom.  So what happens?  For a while, lots of stupid comes out of my mouth.  I can't believe the stupid stuff I have said since I prayed for wisdom.  It puts me straight into condemnation.  I can't wait to see this or that person again so I can apologise and put it right.  Of course I am almost flat on my face before God, repenting as well.  How does this happen?

Well, I think I know the answer.  If we learn from really stupid mistakes, we are less likely to do them again!  God teaches us that it was so painful last time, next time we may just remember what we went through and just don't do it lol.

Even now when the enemy attacks me, he reminds me of all the stupid things I have said and done; how I have messed up.  So I have learned to zip my lip before I speak more often than not, and pray that I am a good witness to Him instead of letting Him down again!  (And there is less to ask forgiveness for.) So, yes, God is teaching me wisdom because of the sheer horror of making the same mistakes time and time again.

With regard to moving furniture, etc. and trying to do so much later in life..... you have to take it a bit easier, bro!  Our bodies are not as young as they used to be; regardless of that fact that, inside, we still think we are 25!

Blessings

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,641
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Neighbor,

My hubby and I read your `pain` and my hubby knows exactly what you are going through so we feel for you. Now my personal thought is that we have one area in our lives that we find hard to give over - our will. Our will is the same for all of us but I think it is highlighted in different areas in our lives. Yours seems to be `your work.` It is good to do work but unless it is given to the Lord and placed under the cross, on the altar, (do you understand that) then it will drive you. It will be your master. Whereas when we actually give that ability, or gift or whatever is our strong point to the Lord, then He becomes truly our Lord and not us.

Hope you can work that through with the Lord.

regards, Marilyn. 

Nice insight! Maybe it is  pride, could be pride, but perhaps it is fear. Maybe a bit of both. I don't think it is self will, nor really pride either so that leaves the obvious- fear.  But of what? Kind of a don't look back something might be gaining on you mode maybe. Or it could be simple boredom, here i tis  what five AM and i am up  waiting to get started, don't want to wake my bride so I will wait a little longer to get painting going, and just stretch out my morning study and also my relaxation here on a message board. Anyway I can revisit such things as pride, will, and just plain fear.  Thanks

I think I still live each moment and each day as the Lord leads, but maybe not, will have to review that too. I have been moved and led for years and years, decades even, and even into this retirement. I know it is the absolute right timing as it has been not only for me but for others as well. Our local body is now graced with a new talented family taking my place just as I had prayed for. Seems all that is confirmed. it is just the, "okay what now Lord?" stuff that is slow coming along. So far there is no, "and that 's the rest of the story." moment.

Thanks-

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Oh, Neighbor, bro; you do make me laugh!  (Sorry about your pain.)

Let me tell you about my stupid:

I prayed to the Lord for wisdom.  So what happens?  For a while, lots of stupid comes out of my mouth.  I can't believe the stupid stuff I have said since I prayed for wisdom.  It puts me straight into condemnation.  I can't wait to see this or that person again so I can apologise and put it right.  Of course I am almost flat on my face before God, repenting as well.  How does this happen?

Well, I think I know the answer.  If we learn from really stupid mistakes, we are less likely to do them again!  God teaches us that it was so painful last time, next time we may just remember what we went through and just don't do it lol.

Even now when the enemy attacks me, he reminds me of all the stupid things I have said and done; how I have messed up.  So I have learned to zip my lip before I speak more often than not, and pray that I am a good witness to Him instead of letting Him down again!  (And there is less to ask forgiveness for.) So, yes, God is teaching me wisdom because of the sheer horror of making the same mistakes time and time again.

With regard to moving furniture, etc. and trying to do so much later in life..... you have to take it a bit easier, bro!  Our bodies are not as young as they used to be; regardless of that fact that, inside, we still think we are 25!

Blessings

Hi, Oh oh  praying for wisdom. At church staff meetings we always winced when one of us said; please pray  that I gain wisdom in regard to.... There was always that, be careful what you pray for moment and knowledge of how wisdom so often comes about.

From the inside looking out I am 35 maybe. That was about peak strength and a good time of personal status too. I think it may be that since I have had some six careers that I just have trouble giving up on the idea of yet another. As I look at opportunities, I do find myself looking at the timeline involved and then seeing an  oh oh this isn't going to work occurring in my business plan. It's always the same oh oh; that is hey I won't likely be around or remain competent enough to finish this one.

Maybe I just have to go tinker at something. I could work on the 41 Chevy truck I suppose. I'm leaving it to my grandson and have not been working on it at all myself,. Maybe  I need to find one like it to work on, get into the classic vehicle game- just for fun low budget stuff, what's left of that. Seems everything is a high dollar treasure today, maybe that is a key to relaxing just travel a bit with that in mind.

Matter of fact I saw a house with some acreage online that has a steel barn with car lifts in it for sale. It even had an 1957 Plymouth on the car rack. Maybe! It was just a few acres with some fruit trees and pasture enough  for some animals, had been horses but I could switch out to Lamas maybe. Oh Goats, and goat milk maybe that is it. No, that's an every single day thing, no animals at all. Just cars and trucks. I think it is time to be praying  on this one. See if it is the right timing or just a bad idea.

Thanks-

• Loved it! 1

Well, thank you  all for some very excellent for me anyway time with really good thoughts  suggestions and insights from others coming my way. I think it is time to close this thread out. Thanks again.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Well, thank you  all for some very excellent for me anyway time with really good thoughts  suggestions and insights from others coming my way. I think it is time to close this thread out. Thanks again.

Hi Neighbour,

before you do I `d like to add - We all desire purpose in life and I can see you are mulling lots over in your mind and weighing out whether you will have the strength etc to do that. That is good common sense. However.....as we are in a very short time till the Lord comes for His Body, (if not sure on this you will be as the year progresses with the vast amount of changes happening - monetarily) so short time, then I do believe the Lord would direct you to what specifically He`d have you do.

So to my mind don`t think too far ahead as that would `drive you` (fear of not having worthwhile jobs to do etc) but TRUST the Lord especially in this a man`s most important area. Really settle in your heart that GOD has your best interest, your `job` to do, and He will unfold it to you a step at a time.

regards, Marilyn.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

On 1/24/2018 at 3:56 PM, Neighbor said:

Not that I want more stupidity, and I will live with what  I have, but is there a good prayer of warning not to use it to the extent I do sometimes?

I am in such pain! I know better yet "stupid" takes over, and I  say so what that you are alone and the seven foot tall china hutch with the heavy glass doors is too much for one person to move never mind take out of the house. Get it out of the house and ready it for the trash truck if someone doesn't take it with it's FREE sign taped to it anyway. Just do it, go ahead. And I do.

Then I painted three hundred sixty square feet of ceilings,  removed carpet tack tracking and base cove from two rooms, put a second coat of wall trim paint on two rooms.

And; as I was bending over trying to get some extra paint on the area where the base cove had been, it happened. That old "I got ya!" lower back pain. Can't straighten up,  can't walk, can't take a shoe off, can't get to the pain pills- have to yell like an idiot a near dying groan to my bride for help.

Now I am in an upright chair, spouse has brought me a computer to play with. I am on the pills,  packed in ice and contemplating over fifty years of stupid. One with a once broken back,  and torn everything, probably shouldn't push the limits. It is stupid to do so thinking, hey this time I'll get by okay nothing will happen.

Anyway it is obvious to me that I will never get smart regarding such things, and so I wonder, is there a good prayer for stupidity?

Lord save me from my stupid self. 

Thats what jadey often does. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

On 1/24/2018 at 5:56 PM, Neighbor said:

Then I painted three hundred sixty square feet of ceilings,  removed carpet tack tracking and base cove from two rooms, put a second coat of wall trim paint on two rooms.

And; as I was bending over trying to get some extra paint on the area where the base cove had been, it happened. That old "I got ya!" lower back pain. Can't straighten up,  can't walk, can't take a shoe off, can't get to the pain pills- have to yell like an idiot a near dying groan to my bride for help.

Now I am in an upright chair, spouse has brought me a computer to play with. I am on the pills,  packed in ice and contemplating over fifty years of stupid. One with a once broken back,  and torn everything, probably shouldn't push the limits. It is stupid to do so thinking, hey this time I'll get by okay nothing will happen.

Anyway it is obvious to me that I will never get smart regarding such things, and so I wonder, is there a good prayer for stupidity?

Yes......it goes like this......"I'm sorry, Lord."  :) 

Hope you get better soon.  (Take it easy on the meds if they are opiates, don't stay on them long....devil is having a hay-day with those things lately.)

• Praise God! 1

51 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Yes......it goes like this......"I'm sorry, Lord."  :) 

Hope you get better soon.  (Take it easy on the meds if they are opiates, don't stay on them long....devil is having a hay-day with those things lately.)

Ha, good prayer! No heavy meds at all. Just a reusable ice pack, my massage chair, my chiropractor, and one Ibuprofen to help stop inflammation, .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

22 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Ha, good prayer! No heavy meds at all. Just a reusable ice pack, my massage chair, my chiropractor, and one Ibuprofen to help stop inflammation, .

Oh it is, amen, I only know because it's one of my most often prayed prayers (sigh).  Glad you don't need anything too strong, some rest and time and a little help from above should get you back good as new.

• Thumbs Up 1