Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,491
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I'm wondering if I found an answer to a question I've pondered for some time now in Luke 21: 36. "... that ye may be accounted worthy to escape..." What exactly does that mean? 

Lu 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. [emphasis mine]

Today, spending a couple of hours studying I Corinthians 15: 1-3, and many expositor's and scholars comments, they seem to all agree on the meaning and intent of these verses. Notice in I Corinthians 15: 2, the conditional word "IF". Seems the context is Paul is talking to believers, "wherein ye stand", "IF" ye keep in memory. 

So, if my interpretation of the above scripture is true, it seems to me not every born again Christian will be caught up in the Rapture (that's a question)? Presently I'm just considering and pondering the meaning, that backsliders, those whom became weak in the faith, or living in the flesh maybe excluded from the "catching away"? I'm not stating this as fact, but questioning my interpretation thereof.

Like I said, I have documented a number of creditable expositor's that seem to concur with my understanding on I Corinthians 15: 1-3.

What's y'all's view on this?

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Dennis,

And who is the Lord speaking to?

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,491
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

And who is the Lord speaking to?

Marilyn.

In I Corinthians 15: 1-3, is referring to the coming of the Lord and the first resurrection. Paul is talking to his brothers in Christ whom received the Gospel and are standing in faith at present.

Hi Dennis,

I was referring to the passage in Luke.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, Yowm said:

That's true, often a mixed multitude and many assume they are believers.

If Jesus was talking to unbelievers, then he's saying they have a way out, other than grace through faith.

He would be saying, they have to be worthy in order to get saved. Worthy in what way? Being worthy doesn't involve grace through faith.

Worthy is a tricky word. It means there is no definitive answer between: condemned and saved.

Jesus is talking to the people of Israel in Luke 21: 36 & Matt. 24: 16 shows where they flee to - the mountains.

11 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Jesus is talking to the people of Israel in Luke 21: 36 & Matt. 24: 16 shows where they flee to - the mountains.

No, that's before the parable of the return of the son of man. Read verse 27 in Luke.

Then read verse 35 in Luke, right before 36. "For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth".

That's obviously not talking about Israel fleeing to the mountains. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Jesus talked to the Jews which often were a mixed multitude, see the last verses of John 6. He who had ears knew what the Lord was saying.

I would agree to the point where Jesus says, "I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners".

But when he came to call the sinners, and they repented. Those who followed and believed him, were then saved.

Luke 21 was right before the point of Jesus death, so we can assume he was speaking to the saved.

Especially if you read the verses prior to verse 36. Those words wouldn't be spoken to the unsaved.

His message had no mention of repentance or belief. But what the saved should expect in the end of times.

"And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth hislife shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

4 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

Mod - Why didn't you approve my comment before this? Posted 30 minutes ago.

MyLordsServant,

The unforunate fact of the matter is, that we moderators are few in number, and we  have real lives in the real world. Our time is valuable to us, as it is for most people. We do not spend 40 hours a week here (let alone 24 hours a day), approving posts, and other related administrative tasks. We would love to have the spare time, to use these forums like most of you do, for our own edification and pleasure. Instead, we surrender a lot of our personal time to serve the Lord by serving others here. 

We are not paid a dime to be here, so we come in a volunteers as we can, when we can. I know it is frustrating for you, but you just need to adapt to the fact that our time is limited, and some thing just go slowly. Even responding you your post here (which I just approved) I did while waiting for a pot to boil on the stove, and now, I must get back to that.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1