IGNORED

...a cup of cold water only in the name of a Disciple...

Igor Evgen

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

Q:    In Matthew 10:42 Jesus promised a Reward for just cup of water given to His Disciple. Isn't it a bit easy way to be rewarded?

A:    No, it isn't. Have a closer look at the Scripture.

And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a Disciple, Verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his Reward. (Matthew 10:42)

Surely we can give a drink to a stranger in the heat of a day. But let's consider the giving against all reason, no matter what, Giving to Disciple. Let’s make up some scenario.

Persecutions are on the go... One day on some open ground persecutors set up a stage of execution for Christians. The last question unto condemned ones is, will you deny your Faith and live or confirm it and die? The answer is like many written in the Book of Martyrs: to die for GOD rather than to live for the devil. Thus, True Discipleship has been proven. So, the verdict is death.

The last wish was inquired, and a cup of water was asked for… There is a crowd around there – people of very different views. The water is available too. Commanding officer asked, will anybody kindly bring some water over here, but on one condition: get the same death penalty.

You are there in that crowd. What would you do?

Scripture reference:

Deuteronomy 20:1 (the LORD thy GOD is with thee)

Joshua 1:9 (the LORD thy GOD is with thee)

Psalms 31:24; 46:1-3; 56:11 (fear not)

Isaiah 51:12-13; 54:15-17 (fear not)

Matthew 10:28 (fear not)

Matthew 28:20 (I am with you alway)

Luke 12:4-5 (fear GOD only)

John 14:27 (fear not)

Good books:

John Fox, Book of Martyrs

Roland H. Bainton, Here I Stand, A Life Of Martin Luther

From Q & A book,

http://igor.worthyofpraise.org

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

17 minutes ago, Igor Evgen said:

Q:    In Matthew 10:42 Jesus promised a Reward for just cup of water given to His Disciple. Isn't it a bit easy way to be rewarded?

A:    No, it isn't. Have a closer look at the Scripture.

And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a Disciple, Verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his Reward. (Matthew 10:42)

Surely we can give a drink to a stranger in the heat of a day. But let's consider the giving against all reason, no matter what, Giving to Disciple. Let’s make up some scenario.

Persecutions are on the go... One day on some open ground persecutors set up a stage of execution for Christians. The last question unto condemned ones is, will you deny your Faith and live or confirm it and die? The answer is like many written in the Book of Martyrs: to die for GOD rather than to live for the devil. Thus, True Discipleship has been proven. So, the verdict is death.

The last wish was inquired, and a cup of water was asked for… There is a crowd around there – people of very different views. The water is available too. Commanding officer asked, will anybody kindly bring some water over here, but on one condition: get the same death penalty.

You are there in that crowd. What would you do?

Scripture reference:

Deuteronomy 20:1 (the LORD thy GOD is with thee)

Joshua 1:9 (the LORD thy GOD is with thee)

Psalms 31:24; 46:1-3; 56:11 (fear not)

Isaiah 51:12-13; 54:15-17 (fear not)

Matthew 10:28 (fear not)

Matthew 28:20 (I am with you alway)

Luke 12:4-5 (fear GOD only)

John 14:27 (fear not)

Good books:

John Fox, Book of Martyrs

Roland H. Bainton, Here I Stand, A Life Of Martin Luther

From Q & A book,

http://igor.worthyofpraise.org

I am in a strait betwixt too,   to depart and be with Christ IS FAR BETTER.

I said that due to WHY on earth feardeath.      TO LIVE IS CHRIST to die IS GAIN.

I say OBEY JESUS in all things and if it costs us our life .   SO BE IT , to be absent from the body IS to be present with the LORD

Living for CHRIST on the run , in prisons , harships , sufferings  and even threat of death or death

IS far more joyful than the richest men who knew not GOD will ever KNOW . 

And ,  believe me when I warn us all,    WE will soon face persectuoin like we have never seen here in western society.

SO GIVE THE CUP , PRAISE THE LORD , and if we die , WE STILL THE LORDS , for whether we live or die we are THE LORDS.

ONWARD in the LORD peoples the crown awaits all who are faithful to the end.  the very crown we will place at HIS FEET

cause HE ALONE is the only reason we were saved .   ONWARD , no fear of death ,no fear of coming persecution , forgive all

who hate us, who would persecute or even kill us, FORGIVE .  but NEVER conform to the wicked ways .

• Thanks 1