• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

It is the reason why in the church the bible says prophets are to be tested by the other prophets, so that if anything comes forth that is of the flesh/mind then the other prophets can toss it out (not the prophet, just the particular word so that the whole flock is not led off track by it).  Gifts and callings are irrevocable, that is why even false prophets and false teachers, pastors, etc (if they are), still retain their gifts even if it is mixed with a lot of falsehood and flesh.  The old testament paradigm of prophet was in type as far as the body of Christ goes....eg, why we don't stone people any more.  Someone young in the Lord has spiritual gifts, they need to be discipled and learn with the help of those who are older in the Lord, more experienced, more discernment etc.  When Peter made mistakes, Jesus did not write him off or turf him out of His group, but He brought the necessary rebuke, or help, or restoration, etc, that Peter needed.  The young need to be encouraged to exercise their gifts in order to sharpen them and learn from even their mistakes, without condemnation and embarrassment which would only cause them to quench the spirit.  We just need to be real about these things, not religious.....the body of Christ is to be like a family, growing and learning through successes and mistakes just like in real life.  Well, that's in an ideal situation...........we don't often get to see the ideal in this life.  Still God is on His throne in spite of everything.

The simple fact that they do not heed God in His Word
2 Tim 3:15-17
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. KJV

This is not just a suggestion. A take it or leave it scenario. It is a responsibility of each individual to press toward for it comes with dire warning to teachers 

2 Tim 4:3-5
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
KJV
James 3
all...
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

9 hours ago, Davida said:

If a prophet gives a prophecy and it does not come to pass - that is a false prophet. There are plenty in Charismatic circles that act like they have a crystal ball and that is just tickling the ears of people.  It is not biblical to apply worldly awww shucks everybody makes a mistake attitude. This isn't working for Starbucks and getting the order wrong, those who like to say they are Prophets are saying that GOD has given them a word and is telling them to speak to you - that is a serious claim & is taken far too lightly imo. 

I believe this and at the same time I believe the other side too. God does speak to people, put burdens and reveals His heart to them, that they may speak God’s truths. We may be too hasty to disregard people and the ways God uses them even in their flaws. 

Jonah was sent by God to prophesy the destruction of Nineveh. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 1/31/2018 at 5:16 AM, Chocolate Cake Guy said:

Hello Wayne222, thanks for sharing.  I would refute that when there are literally dozens of Prophetic Dreams, Visions and Words (the Prophetic Voice) on the Internet, all corroborating with each other, by in essence saying the same thing, I think it is safe to say that we can dismiss the notion of: "who knows if a dream someone has that they warn others of something impeding is a real message or just a dream".  I think that we can safely say that they are of God and not just dreams.

The Lord states in His Word that He does nothing without warning us first through the Prophetic Voice.  Amos 3:7 "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets".  And the Prophetic Voice should be coveted: “I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.”

Not to mention the fact that I don't base this prediction (the mega earthquake, tsunami and Mt. Fuji eruption in the Tokyo area during the year 2018) solely on the Prophetic Voice, but also on number, symbol, letter and word codes (I'm a codebreaker), Gematria (I’m a numerologist) and seismology (I'm an amateur seismologist).  I have been studying this stuff for over 40 years now, so I don’t take this stuff lightly.  

You are right to mention David Wilkerson an 11th hour modern-day Prophet who was often given Prophetic Dreams, Visions and Words to share with God’s people.  He said “In one hour, everything is going to change …turn upside down!”  He also said in his 1973 “5 Calamities Coming to the World” message that “This recession would be caused by economic confusion and would affect the lifestyle of every wage earner in the world.  The world economists are going to be at loss to explain what’s happening.”  David Wilkerson believed that there would be a “sudden unexpected trigger event”.

P.S. “The Day of the Lord” is entirely different unrelated topic to what I am discussing within this thread.                                                                     Chocolate Cake Guy  Davidskingdomkeys@gmailcom

There is something about the Lord wanting to retain the right to be God, and glorifying Himself.  It's as though He likes to surprise us sometimes just when we think we 've got Him nailed down......and the bible says when we think we know we do not yet know as we ought.  I can only speak from my own experience and awareness, but I personally have never yet heard any prophesy get the timing right on anything, though maybe others have (?)  but it all makes me wonder if this is on purpose so that the Lord can exercise His sovereignty......as well as being moved to either delay or fast forward judgments or blessings by prayers or repentance, or the opposite (eg, worsening sins), of the people.  In other words it is possible that He leaves room, so to speak, for man to act and exercise his will, either for good or for bad.  This is one way where prophecies of God differ from fortune-telling.....and God's purposes go far beyond satisfying the curiosity and need-to-know of man.....His purposes are mostly spiritual in nature.....to glorify Himself, to comfort, or encourage His people, to display His omniscience, to warn or prepare His people spiritually.  Then again, maybe this will be a first for me, and it does seem as though the church is being warned and prepared for some major things to happen, I don't doubt that.

That said.........I had a brief little dream some years ago where something very very major happened on the west coast of North America, whatever it was it was bigger than anything we have seen happen yet......the dream didn't reveal what it was, just that there was a great sense of urgency and I was shouting calling for everyone in the house to come see the news about it on television.  In the intervening years my daughter had two dreams of people near the water, one was a carnival and the other I can't remember exactly, it was some kind of thing going on where a lot of people were together......but in both dreams there was a tsunami that came and swept it all away.  And then a couple of years ago I had a dream that confirmed my husband and I were to sell our house, and in last half of the dream I looked out the front window of the house and saw as though standing on Vancouver Island (west coast again) looking towards the city of Vancouver on the mainland, and seeing a tsunami of the city, houses and buildings being lifted up on a huge wave like a tsunami coming towards the island and about to crash down....I thought at the time that it was showing real estate prices on the west coast of Canada being inflated and then about to crash....but I don't discount that it could well have been speaking of more than one thing at once, which often is the case with God.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

You are simply ignoring the fact that people can fail. If it does not come to pass, obviously God did not speak (that part), but the prophet made a mistake.

"Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us,
    let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith" - Romans 12:6

You are simply saying that all who have gift of prophecy must never fail. And this is simply not true, the prophet can speak too much out of his own, especially when they are inexperienced.

"But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin." - Romans 14:23

That is, if the prophet pass his faith mark, that part will fail.

"For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart,
    but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says." - Mark 11:23

And if the prophecy is dependent on the receiver faith, if the one receiving it does not believe... It will not happen.

"Do not despise prophecies." - 1 Thessalonians 5:20

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is,
    and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." - Hebrews 11:6

Glory to God! Amen.

When the Holy Spirit is guiding ones words they will not fail.. You are ignoring the OT guidance that declares without uncertainty that a prophet if he is from God must be perfect in his prophecies with No Error..  That is how you can tell a false prophet.. When they make a failed prophecy.. We are told by scripture to ignore them..

35 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The simple fact that they do not heed God in His Word
2 Tim 3:15-17
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. KJV

This is not just a suggestion. A take it or leave it scenario. It is a responsibility of each individual to press toward for it comes with dire warning to teachers 

2 Tim 4:3-5
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
KJV
James 3
all...

Amen.....this is why everything needs to be tested, and error corrected, and instruction brought.

But someone bringing a word that is in error does not automatically mean they are a 'false prophet' and thrown out of the Body, it just means they need to be corrected........and if they receive the correction, all is well.  But if someone persistently refuses correction and instruction and just persists in bringing false words without learning and growing, that would be another matter.....it would indicate their heart is not right with God, and that needs to be rebuked.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • Praise God! 1

On 2/19/2018 at 3:00 PM, Davida said:

No new prophecies is no new prophecies &  if God meant that their would be new ones by the Holy Spirit , the Bible would have stated that. Everything is already included in the Bible.

Jesus didn't just leave us as orphans with a book when He ascended to heaven, but He left us the Holy Spirit as well.  Truly, He is alive not dead......and His sheep know His VOICE.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

It does not mean it is a false prophet. Simply, the prophet just spoke too much, out of his own.

This is an error from the prophet, not from God. People cannot simply expect they are perfect, especially when they are inexperienced with their gifts, they will fail.

This does depend.  if its a one time slip and they fully repent of it , then yeah that can happen .   but what they wont do is make excuse for why it did not come to pass.

they will acknowledge before all ,  that they propheseied of their own heart .

the ones who do this over and over and over again , getting some right and some wrong ,  that is a key sign of one who is false .

I do believe sometimes pride gets them and then they err from that pride.    IF one repents of it ,  by all means forgivness is available .

IF they however make up reasons on why it don't come to pass ,   we both know that is a major sign they false .

On 2/19/2018 at 3:00 PM, Davida said:

No new prophecies is no new prophecies &  if God meant that their would be new ones by the Holy Spirit , the Bible would have stated that. Everything is already included in the Bible.

Just look in Acts and the epistles and see all the times that God spoke to His people through prophecy, dream or vision.

8 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Jesus didn't just leave us as orphans with a book when He ascended to heaven, but He left us the Holy Spirit as well.  Truly, He is alive not dead......and His sheep know His VOICE.

Here.   test this sister.

Their are still prophets  ,   its just IF the prophets prophesy things contrary to what has already been written,  then they in error .

I think that might be what davida means or not .   I don't know .     But  the same gifts are available to all generations .  and one of those gifts is prophecy.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Just look in Acts and the epistles and see all the times that God spoke to His people through prophecy, dream or vision.

That is just it .   even in corithians and ephesians , it clearly states the gifts are for the church.    

He spoke to agabus and others .   paul even had a dream about a man in Macedonia and they all perceived it meant they were to go their and preach the gospel to them.

the dreams , visions and all the gifts do not cease from the church.   When they cease is once we are gone , once JESUS comes for his own

the need for prophecies and so on will no longer be necessary.  For all the gifts were for us now to build us up to maturity and keep us edified .

• Thumbs Up 1