• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, listener24 said:

This observation is also true for @Jaydog1976 and whoever jumps on the train of "let's NOT think about Heaven, let's just have it as an "abstract", powerLESS, NOT exciting image in our brain".

Is it not edifying? Are the many "earthly" images that Jesus uses to help us not edifying? I'd suggest you sisters and brothers to reconsider your positions, and to BLESS this kind of thread, because there are already too many people NOT in love with Heaven, and love for Heaven is an important component of loving Christ because Heaven is His Kingdom.

Is it not edifying? Are the many "earthly" images that Jesus uses to help us not edifying? I'd suggest you sister to reconsider your position, and to BLESS this kind of thread, because there are already too many people NOT in love with Heaven, and love for Heaven is an important component of loving Christ because Heaven is His Kingdom.

Therefore, let's spread love for Heaven and let's welcome such posts that makes us think at it as the exciting place that it WILL be. Because Heaven it's gonna be exciting, with many things to do, not an "abstract beatitude".

When did I ever say that heaven is abstract? I never said it wasn't going to be exciting or anything of that nature. I would suggest re-reading my post since I don't think you got the gist of what I was saying. 

Heaven is not abstract and never will abstract. I long for heaven as much as the next Christian. I look forward to spending eternity living for and pleasing my Savior. My point was not that heaven is abstract my point is that you and I have absolutely no idea what heaven will really be like because you and I are sinful beings with imaginations that are tainted with sin. We look at heaven through our eyes here and hope that somehow the earthly things we like to do are somehow going to be part of heaven. 

The point that I made was not to not long for heaven but to remember that while we can imagine what we want heaven to be like won't even be close to what heaven really will be. I just choose to trust God's Word that says that it will be perfect and that I will have a new body without pain, suffering, sorrow, etc. That to me is reality. The reality that I will no longer have to deal with this sin nature and sin in general. To me that is what the Christian should desire. Not 'will there be football in heaven.' or 'I would love to be fishing'. These things are pleasurable here on earth but shouldn't translate over into what heaven will be like. 

But if you and other's choose to imagine what it will be like then so be it. But in the end it doesn't really matter because I am going to assume that you, myself and other fellow believers will be in complete awe and wonder of what heaven really is. And I can probably assume as well that when we are there our whole focus will be on Christ and learning more about Him. 

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

3 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

The point that I made was not to not long for heaven but to remember that while we can imagine what we want heaven to be like won't even be close to what heaven really will be. I just choose to trust God's Word that says that it will be perfect and that I will have a new body without pain, suffering, sorrow, etc. That to me is reality. The reality that I will no longer have to deal with this sin nature and sin in general. To me that is what the Christian should desire. Not 'will there be football in heaven.' or 'I would love to be fishing'. These things are pleasurable here on earth but shouldn't translate over into what heaven will be like. 

But if you and other's choose to imagine what it will be like then so be it. But in the end it doesn't really matter because I am going to assume that you, myself and other fellow believers will be in complete awe and wonder of what heaven really is. And I can probably assume as well that when we are there our whole focus will be on Christ and learning more about Him. 

Agree with you that we won't be even close, because it will be BETTER than anything we imagine.

However, what I'm pointing out is that while on earth, the CONCEPT of "better" is ABSTRACT, and instead our mind to be motivated needs some "image".

That's why JESUS used them, and that's why it is EDIFYING to use our imagination.

Then of course we will be positively surprised to find out that it'll be better than ever imagined, but while on earth let's use our fantasy to get even more in love with Heaven.

God bless you

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

1 minute ago, listener24 said:

Agree with you that we won't be even close, because it will be BETTER than anything we imagine.

However, what I'm pointing out is that while on earth, the CONCEPT of "better" is ABSTRACT, and instead our mind to be motivated needs some "image".

That's why JESUS used them, and that's why it is EDIFYING to use our imagination.

Then of course we will be positively surprised to find out that it'll be better than ever imagined, but while on earth let's use our fantasy to get even more in love with Heaven.

God bless you

So with that being said then we should focus on the images that Jesus has put in place not our own. That was my whole point. And no we cannot user our own fantasies to be more in love with heaven. That is opening up a whole can of worms that we have no need to go down. But I will leave it at this. Have a great day. God Bless. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

I want to see the way Angels worship God. And participate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

So with that being said then we should focus on the images that Jesus has put in place not our own. That was my whole point. And no we cannot user our own fantasies to be more in love with heaven. That is opening up a whole can of worms that we have no need to go down. But I will leave it at this. Have a great day. God Bless. 

I would never be able to call a whole can of worms the peaceful images that the other users have shared here.

Since there are actual dangers in church, I' d focus in fighting them if I were you, not on fighting edifying thoughts.

And one REAL problem is that people don' t talk about Heaven and are not excited about Heaven anymore.

That' s an ACTUAL problem, not beautiful thoughts like the ones shared by our siblings under this posts,and I don' t think your post is doing anything good to address it, on the contrary your post potentially increase it

Finally, nobody is saying that what we are picturing are dogmatic truths. It is just a good and edifying activity, there are real dangers out there and This is not one

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/23/1978

We are all just pilgrims passing through here. This world is not our home so it is good to think on heaven.  It does seem like people are losing sight of the goal.  We are to keep our affections set on things above.  

In heaven, there will be no more pain, sickness, death, or heartache. Only love, joy, and pure happiness forever with our savior.  I imagine it like one big happy family reunion with everyone talking and laughing and having a great time. 

Edited by IvyRose
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

8 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I want to see the way Angels worship God. And participate. 

I think I will need to be able to sing a whole lot better than now before I get invited into any angelic choir. What will be interesting is that we will be singing songs in which angels cannot participate. Songs of the redeemed.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I wonder what the folks that live on other words look like. How do they recognise one another? Do those from alpha-zip3 look different from planet Zykos in the third realm of Arcturus? (Cut me some slack here, I have no idea what I am talking about, but hey, we are all fantasising here right?) So are the Arcturians green, and the Zykonians blue? How will they recognise humans? We are all colours!!!  So I figure that when I am on my annual vacations, flying through parts of the universe where even angels fear to tread, I will be wearing my new favourite T shirt. On the front will be written...I Survivied Planet Earth.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, listener24 said:

I LOVE this thread and I love you guys!

First of all, it is completely good and edifying to imagine Heaven, for many reasons:

1) JESUS used the same technique with us. Of course, Heaven would be unimaginable good and better than now, but JESUS knew that when NEED to have some images to become more excited about it, that's why HE USED images like the BANQUET (Matthew 8: 10-11 and countless other verses), the WINE of the Kingdom (Lc 22: 14-20), having power and responsibilities (Luke 16:10), and so on.

2) In order to proceed with more conviction toward a goal, our brain needs some "images". This is one of the reasons why Jesus used them. Therefore, if someone has only a "vague", "abstract" image of Heaven, 99% of the times he will not be really in love with Heaven and desiring it with all his harth. And he will regret not doing things and experiencing pleasures on earth, because he will think that he will never have occasion to experience them anymore, but this is WRONG.

Therefore, dear @missmuffet, it is wrong when you say:

This observation is also true for @Jaydog1976 and whoever jumps on the train of "let's NOT think about Heaven, let's just have it as an "abstract", powerLESS, NOT exciting image in our brain".

Is it not edifying? Are the many "earthly" images that Jesus uses to help us not edifying? I'd suggest you sisters and brothers to reconsider your positions, and to BLESS this kind of thread, because there are already too many people NOT in love with Heaven, and love for Heaven is an important component of loving Christ because Heaven is His Kingdom.

Is it not edifying? Are the many "earthly" images that Jesus uses to help us not edifying? I'd suggest you sister to reconsider your position, and to BLESS this kind of thread, because there are already too many people NOT in love with Heaven, and love for Heaven is an important component of loving Christ because Heaven is His Kingdom.

Therefore, let's spread love for Heaven and let's welcome such posts that makes us think at it as the exciting place that it WILL be. Because Heaven it's gonna be exciting, with many things to do, not an "abstract beatitude".

God is a creative and active God.

It's definitely likely that with the creative powers Jesus will give us, we'll be able to create "video-game"-like things :) Just far more advanced, now on earth we are already creating "virtual reality", in the Kingdom we'll likely be able to create entire virtual "universe" and play each others "games" :) And how cool would be "videogames" created by the Lord Himself :P

I think so, that's why it's worth to spend every possible second on this earth trying to serve the Lord and helping others. So that we may look back with a smile :)

I will also want to see in "high definition" everything Jesus did and said 2 thousands years ago! It will be exciting to see what the apostles have seen.

why not...maybe on waves 10 Kilometers tall, in some cool planet that you'll be able to visit (we are already able to move along planets with our technology, I guess eternity is long enough to create technology to travel across universes)

:) and then have some Heavenly fish in some Heavenly banquet with Jesus and the prophets.

I think I've seen in some movies or ads poeple playing golf on clouds :)

I'd like Jesus to rap Matthew 23 for me. To leave the pharisees (both the old and the MODERN pharisees) even more speechless.

Thank you again, @BeyondET for this EDIFYING post.

As for me, in addition to all the cool things you have said, again, I'd like to watch in "high definition" Jesus life and what He did and said in the 3 years in which He saved us.

Looking forward to hear other answers, and let's SPREAD the LOVE for HEAVEN!!!

Let your Kingdom come soon, Father. Maranatha

Video games in heaven??? :blink: COME ON.... Have you seen what the video games are like today?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/3/2018 at 7:41 PM, missmuffet said:

Video games in heaven??? :blink: COME ON.... Have you seen what the video games are like today?

I know there is a wide range of videogames, some good and some bad. As there are good and bad movies, etc.

Btw, probably there is gonna be the "boredom room" for people who just like to do nothing and complain about other's activities too, so that they may be happy and satisfied as well :P