• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

Mary interceded at Cana. Jesus gave Mary to us at the foot of the cross.

We are Her children. She is Our Holy Mother. She is the Mother of God.

Whatever haters of Catholicism say, Mary is a gateway to Jesus. Jesus loved His Mother and wants us to do the same.

Problem with sola scripture people is that when you close the cover of the Bible thats it! Nothing else is possible to them once the Bible closes shut!

In the Catholic church, we have Sacred Scripture AND Sacred Tradition! That is extremely powerful and God given. Protestants can scoff all they want. We Catholics know the truth.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

Good Day Mishael;

The references you used to counter what i wrote are not written in the Holy bible.

Can you refute the written Holy bible scripture I quoted by referring to Holy Bible Scripture what is written the Holy Bible?

Nothing you wrote refutes the concept of praying to saints. 

Indeed, when we ask the saints to pray for us in heaven, and pray for each other's intentions, we are actually being very Scriptural and following the commands in the Bible.  In fact, in the very same reading which professes that Jesus is the one mediator, we also read St. Paul proclaiming:

First of all, I ask that supplications, prayers,

petitions, and thanksgivings be offered for everyone,

Is this not St. Paul asking for the mediation of his companion, Timothy, (and probably all of the early Christian community) in this verse?  

Everything that the Body of Christ accomplishes is done only through our union through Him, with Him and in Him.  

So when St. Paul says that he saves some souls (yes, he, St. Paul, says that he saves souls.  Not Christ:  To the weak I became weak, to win over the weak.  I have become all things to all, to save at least some.-1 Cor 9:22), we know that he means it only through his union with the One Savior.

So when St. Paul says he became our spiritual father, (I became your father in Jesus Christ through the Gospel -1 Cor 4:15), even though Scripture says that there is only One Father (Call no one on earth your father; you have but one Father in heaven--Matt 23:9), we know it is because of his union with the One Father.

When Sts. Peter and Paul cure the sick and even raise the dead (see Acts 9 and 20), we know that it is not of their own power, but it is rooted in the power that belongs to God alone.

So when we act as mediators through our prayer chains and though the intercessory prayers at Mass, or  when the saints intercede for us, it is not a usurpation of the One Mediatorship of Christ.  Rather, it is merely a participation in His Mediatorship.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
52 minutes ago, Goldie said:

The Elders are holding the bowls of incense which are the prayers 'FROM' the Saints.

You have to understand that in the Bible "saints" are all Christians, not the canonized "saints" of the RCC.  

Guest shiloh357
44 minutes ago, Goldie said:

Mary interceded at Cana. Jesus gave Mary to us at the foot of the cross.

We are Her children. She is Our Holy Mother. She is the Mother of God.

Whatever haters of Catholicism say, Mary is a gateway to Jesus. Jesus loved His Mother and wants us to do the same.

The Mary of the Roman Catholic Church is not the Mary of Scripture.   The Mary of the Roman church is the whore of Babylon.  The Roman church as no gateway to Jesus.  The Roman church is the path to Hell.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

So when St. Paul says that he saves some souls (yes, he, St. Paul, says that he saves souls.  Not Christ:  To the weak I became weak, to win over the weak.  I have become all things to all, to save at least some.-1 Cor 9:22), we know that he means it only through his union with the One Savior.

wow......this is really getting creepy.....Paul was nothing more than a wretched sinner.....He preached a Gospel thAt saved if believed....those that believed only did so because they had ears to hear....those with ears to hear only had those ears because The Holy Spirit pierced their hearts and convicted them of sin....God gets credit for it all ......A to Z....... I am not sure what you mean by this “union” Paul had with the One Savior...but when you say “not Christ” you are in dangerous territory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

The Mary of the Roman Catholic Church is not the Mary of Scripture.   The Mary of the Roman church is the whore of Babylon.  The Roman church as no gateway to Jesus.  The Roman church is the path to Hell.

I think some can be saved DESPITE the abundance of false teachings in the Catholic Church......it may be among God’s  most amazing miracles....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

20 hours ago, Mishael said:

Worship is to acknowledge something as a deity and adore it as such, veneration (if you knew English) is to give something great respect it is distinct to giving worship and adoration. The ark of the covenant was venerated so we're the images or statues that God commanded to be made they were never worshipped. The Bible says not to make graven images for worship and replace God with them. An icon isn't a graven image, as you said the brass snake was to demonstrate the power of God it's the same with icons for us, its is a reminder of the power of Jesus Christ. We don't believe the icon of itself is of divine power or can save us, it is just a way to revere the person depicted in it. The issue of iconoclasm was dealt with during the 8th and 9th centuries. The culmination of this struggle was the declaration of faith by the Seventh Ecumenical Council so I'd advise you to read about it before making claims.

Your definition is false.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

More Protestant conspiracy theories. The whore of Babylon is the Kaaba in Mecca not Rome by the way.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

10 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I think some can be saved DESPITE the abundance of false teachings in the Catholic Church......it may be among God’s  most amazing miracles....

I agree.

They will be saved DESPITE their religion, not BECAUSE of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KiwiChristian said:

Your definition is false.

Take it up with the English dictionary 

Worship: the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity

Venerate: regard with great respect; revere.