• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Oh too, there is a great conflict between fire codes , fire marshall's interests for easy egress especially in emergencies, and the need for security to prevent ingress during times of violence. That makes for an ongoing health and safety battle  that chews up time and money. 

This business of working toward total security is all a very hard battle to fight , in fact likely impossible to win, without addressing the spiritual warfare that is at the core. Yet that is the fight as it is being battled out to date. Guns versus no guns is a sideshow that masks all sides and hides truth if the core spiritual  issues are not placed front and center as  the heart of the dicussion.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

Hello there,

My heart goes out to all in American society today, who have to make decisions of this nature, regarding arming teachers, and everything related to the security of the young and defenceless, who are being exposed to such dangerous situations, and have to bear the scars of such conflict into adulthood.

Greater gun control measures, are just one consideration, there is also the mind set of those who perpetrate  these crimes to take into consideration. 

May wisdom be given, and measures put in place to make such incidences impossible in future.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

Edited by Christine
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guns = Christianity? Don't see that one myself.

I must have a gun to defend against government? Don't see that either, for government will always have the bigger badder gun. 

So why guns, except for the real need to protect one's property and person? I think that is reason enough to have  defense of some sort greater than a phone that dials 911. I do want to have much higher standard of responsibility for the right of Gun ownership to be exercised.  Liability insurance, medical insurance, plus regular training updates of all the skill sets needed to help keep from turning a bad time into an absurd tragedy should be part of the total picture. Presently anyone with  at least one eye and a hand can qualify for a conceal carry permit, and maybe the one eye is optional.

A real and ongoing training regimen should be compulsory. Much as a pilot might need  to qualify  for a particular aircraft, the same should be true of weapons. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Presently anyone with  at least one eye and a hand can qualify for a conceal carry permit, and maybe the one eye is optional.

For that state in the US is that true?  That statement isn't true in my state or any of which I know.

1 hour ago, bryan said:

For that state in the US is that true?  That statement isn't true in my state or any of which I know.

Florida. It only asks of you on their form if you feel you can handle a gun.

One person I know pretty well just got their permit while at home, (the "instructor" came to the house) at over 85 years of age, blind in one eye, can't read with the other is deaf without hearing aids cannot walk more than a few steps without taking nitro tablets for a heart condition.  They  demonstrated proficiency with a wood stick in the shape of a gun  passed the questions asked and has a permit today.

The day I got mine I was at a gunshow at the fairgrounds and wanted to jump the long line to get in. There were three of us including my wife who had never touched a real gun before. Attending the class for $20 was a way to beat standing in line for an hour or more. 200 of us took the two hour session then fired one shot to show proficiency. The only hard part was to receive the weapon from the instructor without pointing it at him when turning to the target. That was the only way to fail. One person supposedly failed overall the years  the instructor.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Presently anyone with  at least one eye and a hand can qualify for a conceal carry permit, and maybe the one eye is optional.

That is not true.

The day I got mine I was at a gunshow at the fairgrounds and wanted to jump the long line to get in. There were three of us including my wife who had never touched a real gun before. Attending the class for $20 was a way to beat standing in line for an hour or more. 200 of us took the two hour session then fired one shot to show proficiency. The only hard part was to receive the weapon from the instructor without pointing it at him when turning to the target. That was the only way to fail. One person supposedly failed overall the years  the instructor.

I don 't believe that a bit. 

One person I know pretty well just got their permit while at home, (the "instructor" came to the house) at over 85 years of age, blind in one eye, can't read with the other is deaf without hearing aids cannot walk more than a few steps without taking nitro tablets for a heart condition.  They  demonstrated proficiency with a wood stick in the shape of a gun  passed the questions asked and has a permit today.

That is not how it works and I don't think that story is true, either. 

http://handgunlaw.us/states/florida.pdf

https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/forms/P-00091-Concealed Weapons-0911.pdf

Those two links show that the information you provide above is just not true.

Edited by shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Guns = Christianity? Don't see that one myself.

No one made that argument.   Might want to start being more honest about how you frame others' arguments.

5 hours ago, bryan said:

What is really odd is this person agreed four years ago that he should not have his guns anymore as he can't use them. Including  a legal semi auto version of a military assault weapon that had three clips taped back to back to back and had been chambered for 9mm pistol rounds, for less kick and to somewhat limit the penetration  through neighborhood house walls if fired. He also gave up his revolver because he knew he wouldn't be able to out manuver a bad guy and likely would get killed in a house assault by his own weapon.

But he does have Fox news playing  out ever so loudly in the background all his waking hours, and he just got excited  recently  go all worked up, and decided that  he wanted a permit just to be proving a point. So he hired an instructor that came to his house and  gave a quick course to three at the house. Each handled the wooden similation of a hand gun. Now they have physical posession of their own concealed carry permit; same permit as I received and my entire immidate family got  at the Tampa gun show at the fairgrounds back when our last president was first elected. I did have to go stand in line over at Brandon Fl. to pay  a renewal fee for another seven years of permit, without any questions whatsoever. The year we first got our permit the gun show was absolutely mobbed. The lines went completely around the outer border of the fairground. There were  "private" citizens waking around with bins of personal ammo for sale and semi automatic long arms of several kinds from $1500 to over $3000 each. it was quite the amazing sight and experience that year.

All I bought there was  a few of those bumper stickers https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Coexist-Gun-Bumper-Sticker-/262282504296

I put them on my vehicles. Caused quite the stir at church and school with  some as they complained to  the elders that one of the staff was promoting gun violence or was promoting that buddhism was equal to Christianity.  One elder grew up in a home where they owned a gunshop. He knew every brand and spent time with a chuckle explaining it  to the concerned. I left my bumper stickers on the vehicles. 

I still get a kick out of those particular stickers.  Quiz: Know all the brands by their logos? 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

This one seems to have ran its course. Locked.