IGNORED

How does one spread the gospel message in Canada the US  and in your country?

angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hotels so far yes. I'm not sure about the schools. Funny you brought that up, a Gideon member will be at our church the 25th at the evening service, for their annual church collection. I'm going to ask them.

I and my church support the Gideon's, what a great organization spreading literally God's word. I still remember 48 years ago at the Army induction station getting a brand new New Testament from them. 

It's a wonderful ministry, I wonder now if they can still place Bible in Canada in the schools, I know that many schools banned the Bible, children used to get them in grade 5 , maybe they can still get one with permission from the parents.

I don't think many hotels want to place Bible in the rooms anymore.

I do remember our children coming home with an NT from the Gideon (long time ago )

Can you ask them about Canada?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, angels4u said:

It's a wonderful ministry, I wonder now if they can still place Bible in Canada in the schools, I know that many schools banned the Bible, children used to get them in grade 5 , maybe they can still get one with permission from the parents.

I don't think many hotels want to place Bible in the rooms anymore.

I do remember our children coming home with an NT from the Gideon (long time ago )

Can you ask them about Canada?

I'll do that. I do seem to recall from last years visit by the Gideon's, that there were a couple of hotel chains that requested they stop providing Bibles for their rooms. There's sure some interesting stories of despondent and desperate people staying at hotels / motels that came to the saving faith of Jesus Christ from those Bibles in their rooms. 

Edited by Dennis1209

Just now, Dennis1209 said:

I'll do that. I do seem to recall from last years visit by the Gideon's, that there we a couple of hotel chains that requested they stop providing Bibles for their rooms. There's sure some interesting stories of despondent and desperate people staying at hotels / motels that came to the saving faith of Jesus Christ from those Bibles in their rooms. 

I heard so many wonderful stories of people who worked with the Gideons !

How about other stuff in your country ,like transgender issues and homosexuality and other things?

Can you openly say something against it?

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

I heard so many wonderful stories of people who worked with the Gideons !

How about other stuff in your country ,like transgender issues and homosexuality and other things?

Can you openly say something against it?

Well, I can only testify of my own church. We are not politically correct, the preacher does comment on all sins to include sodomy and same sex issues. Sadly, many of the churches and denominations here in the US have become politically correct and have conformed to the world, instead of vice verse. We now have woman Pastors, gay clergy, same sex weddings in churches, churches that preach some parts of the Bible are "hate speech". Many preach there is more than one way to heaven, other than the blood and saving Grace of Jesus Christ that died on the cross for us. Some preach Buddha, Allah and the God of the Bible we pray to are the same God. 

It's now on the fast track here in the US, that quoting God's word from the Bible condemning sin and perverted behavior will be intolerant and hate speech, punishable by a fine, jail time or both. How a tiny segment of our population can change our laws is beyond secular reasoning. With all the mass school and church massacres here as of late, I suspect the US will be joining Canada and Australia in handgun and AR-15 bans. Or driving up ammunition to the point of non affordable. 

I think there's a word for that, apostasy. Sad, sad, sad... 

3 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well, I can only testify of my own church. We are not politically correct, the preacher does comment on all sins to include sodomy and same sex issues. Sadly, many of the churches and denominations here in the US have become politically correct and have conformed to the world, instead of vice verse. We now have woman Pastors, gay clergy, same sex weddings in churches, churches that preach some parts of the Bible are "hate speech". Many preach there is more than one way to heaven, other than the blood and saving Grace of Jesus Christ that died on the cross for us. Some preach Buddha, Allah and the God of the Bible we pray to are the same God. 

It's now on the fast track here in the US, that quoting God's word from the Bible condemning sin and perverted behavior will be intolerant and hate speech, punishable by a fine, jail time or both. How a tiny segment of our population can change our laws is beyond secular reasoning. With all the mass school and church massacres here as of late, I suspect the US will be joining Canada and Australia in handgun and AR-15 bans. Or driving up ammunition to the point of non affordable. 

I think there's a word for that, apostasy. Sad, sad, sad... 

Its very sad ,the world is such an evil place these days and our only hope is in the Lord.

You said:

I suspect the US will be joining Canada and Australia in handgun and AR-15 bans

Would that not be a good thing? 

I can't imagine kids owning guns here and where I used to live in the Netherlands it would be against the law also. You can still own a gun in Canada but it has to be registered and first gun owners need to do a course of how to use it safely.

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

Its very sad ,the world is such an evil place these days and our only hope is in the Lord.

You said:

Would that not be a good thing? 

I can't imagine kids owning guns here and where I used to live in the Netherlands it would be against the law also. You can still own a gun in Canada but it has to be registered and first gun owners need to do a course of how to use it safely.

Absolutely not!

Here in the US we have a Constitution that has a Second Amendment, the right to keep and bear arms. Our Constitution declares we derive our rights from God, not government or man. It's a proven fact, where lawful citizens carry and are armed, crime goes down substantially. We have the 'right' to self defense against criminals and government tyranny. Criminals don't obey the law, that's why they're criminals, and will always be able to get their hands on firearms. 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

There is no law against telling others about answers to prayer and the good things God does to change us to be more like Jesus.  We don't have to be hateful toward anyone--God loves us in spite of out sins, but wants to deliver us from the kingdom of darkness.  It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict, not ours.  So at this point we are still free to testify.  However, I was not allowed to do so on the job.  So I waited for people to ask, and they always did.  Many hated me without my saying a word.  So I avoided working with them if I could.  I did encourage people to go to the church of their choice but mentioned a few good ones in our area and not necessarily my own.  

Unfortunately, when cornered we are not even allowed to disagree concerning sexual stuff, even as a conscientious objector.  

6 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Absolutely not!

Here in the US we have a Constitution that has a Second Amendment, the right to keep and bear arms. Our Constitution declares we derive our rights from God, not government or man. It's a proven fact, where lawful citizens carry and are armed, crime goes down substantially. We have the 'right' to self defense against criminals and government tyranny. Criminals don't obey the law, that's why they're criminals, and will always be able to get their hands on firearms. 

that's why they're criminals, and will always be able to get their hands on firearms. 

Very true and it all started when God was not allowed anymore in schools and basically everywhere they kicked God out. so people and kids are  getting out of control (darkness took over) what we need is God to come back in our schools and countries. With Christmas,schools are not allowed to play the birth of Jesus anymore or to sing about the birth of Jesus of not to offend people of other religions :(

3 minutes ago, Willa said:

There is no law against telling others about answers to prayer and the good things God does to change us to be more like Jesus.  We don't have to be hateful toward anyone--God loves us in spite of out sins, but wants to deliver us from the kingdom of darkness.  It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict, not ours.  So at this point we are still free to testify.  However, I was not allowed to do so on the job.  So I waited for people to ask, and they always did.  Many hated me without my saying a word.  So I avoided working with them if I could.  I did encourage people to go to the church of their choice but mentioned a few good ones in our area and not necessarily my own.  

Unfortunately, when cornered we are not even allowed to disagree concerning sexual stuff, even as a conscientious objector.  

Willa, The Holy Spirit will work everywhere He wants :)

Nobody can stop us from being a light unto the world , the light is within us and  Gods light shines through us around us, I believe many bosses who are not believers in live in sin cannot stand the light in us. Jesus can break through to the darkness and is still saving people .:)

Nobody can stop that!

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Willa said:

Well, if you're not allowed to talk about our Savior at work, in schools, at sporting events, on the grounds of the courthouse, etc. etc. Are those just suggestions, good ideas, hints like the Ten Commandments? Or do they have the force of law behind them to get you fired, locked up for not obeying, and a reputation and record as a troublemaker?