IGNORED

Is Jesus ate meat?

Ogner

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Ogner said:

He gave fish to people, to eat when they were hungry. 

Why not meat? Maybe because he didn't eat meat?

Fish is meat.   When Jesus fed the 5,000 the boy's lunch had fish.  Jesus multiplied those small fish.  That's why He fed them.   In addition, the ancient Mediterranean diet was rich in fish.  It was a main staple of their diet.   So it makes sense he fed people with fish.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Ogner said:

The bible says Jesus ate meat. Of a very special kind.

Joh 4:31  In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.
Joh 4:32  But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.
Joh 4:33  Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?
Joh 4:34  Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

The bible says Jesus ate meat. Of a very special kind.

Joh 4:31  In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.
Joh 4:32  But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.
Joh 4:33  Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?
Joh 4:34  Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Praise the Lord Gary.     Rejoicing n the Lord for that answer .    tis not about meats , drinks days,   but righteousness and joy of the Holy ghost .

The whole of it was and is summed up with this wonderful reminder you sent Gary .   Just puts it all in perspective .

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, Ogner said:

1) Can you prove that?

If it could be proven one way or another, so what?   What difference would it make for you or your family ?

It might be proven,  if it wasn't already, later.  ......  It's up to YHVH (God).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

Yes, Jesus ate meat other than the meat of fish.

Chapter and verse:

• Luke 22:8-15 - So Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, “Go and prepare the Passover for us, that we may eat it.”  They said to him, “Where will you have us prepare it?” He said to them, “Behold, when you have entered the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him into the house that he enters and tell the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you, Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ And he will show you a large upper room furnished; prepare it there.” And they went and found it just as he had told them, and they prepared the Passover. And when the hour came, he reclined at table, and the apostles with him. And he said to them, “I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.
  • Hebrews 4:15 - "We have a high priest who was tempted in every point like we are, yet without sin."  It was a command from God that Jews prepare and eat the Passover every year.  Had Jesus NOT done this - he would have sinned and could not have died for our sins.

So, yes, he ate meat.  Probably all kinds under the "clean animals act" given by God. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

16 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Probably all kinds under the "clean animals act" given by God. 

Absolutely not.

17 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Jesus NOT done this - he would have sinned and could not have died for our sins.

(note quote edited).  If Jesus followed the traditions of sinful men opposed to YHVH'S TORAH/WORD/PLAN/PURPOSE,

He could not have been anyone else's savior nor righteous nor truthful nor holy.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Absolutely not.

(note quote edited).  If Jesus followed the traditions of sinful men opposed to YHVH'S TORAH/WORD/PLAN/PURPOSE,

He could not have been anyone else's savior nor righteous nor truthful nor holy.

Jeff.    GOD himself told the people what animals were clean and could be eaten and what were not .

I agree JESUS never ate the unclean animals .    but the people ate bull meats , lamb,   and other things .  

They ate lamb for the Passover .    Its all over the place in old holy scrips .     The priests ate of what was offered .   not the fat and blood by all means

Jeff I am sure their are meats that are clean to even the jews .     Just explain it more jeff.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/3/2018 at 5:50 AM, Ogner said:

1) Can you prove that?

2) meat - meat could be preserved too (salted/dried etc), so was used as a travelling food item. 

I would think the following excerpt should be most sufficeint evidence that Jesus  partook of Passover and would therefore partake of the Passover lamb. Other than that, the simple fact of His human Jewish heritage, lineage, and upbringing in the word, should be reason enough to know that of course He ate meat. 

Excerpt from the Bible God's inspired word. On the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, when it was customary to sacrifice the Passover lamb, Jesus’ disciples asked him, “Where do you want us to go and make preparations for you to eat the Passover?”

So he sent two of his disciples, telling them, “Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him.  Say to the owner of the house he enters, ‘The Teacher asks: Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’  He will show you a large room upstairs, furnished and ready. Make preparations for us there.”

The disciples left, went into the city and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.

When evening came, Jesus arrived with the Twelve.  While they were reclining at the table eating, he said, “Truly I tell you, one of you will betray me—one who is eating with me.”

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

On 3/3/2018 at 2:34 AM, Ogner said:

in this case they were away from town and someone had brought fish that is why he fed them fish. it was not anything to do with not eating other meat. imo

Guest Butero
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:34 AM, Ogner said:

I know some people don't, but I always considered fish to be meat.  I think fish was just plentiful, and that is why you saw that in the Bible.  Peter was a fisherman.