• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello,

I have a friend who is sort of a Catholic. She claims to be catholic and also admits that she has a weak faith because she finds the Catholic church's teaching to be illogical. So I attempted to guide her to God through Christianity. Any tips how I can help her come to God? Our conversation went something life this:

Me: Hey, You're Catholic right?

Friend: Yea, but I'm a skeptical Catholic since I don't believe in all of it's teaching.

Me: Why don't you completely believe in God?

Friend: There's no proof that any of the events in the bible actually happened, however I am quite amazed by the fact that the time it takes to travel from one place to another is actually very accurate.

Me: It's accurate because it actually happened. In Catholism they teach you that you can earn your way to heaven right? In Christianity we believe that Salvation is a gift.

Friend: Yea, I find Christianity very illogical. In Christianity you guys claim that regardless of how sinful a person is, as long as they change their ways and go to God they will have Salvation right? That means even a serial killer can go to heaven.

Me: Correct, as a matter of fact Paul in the Bible prosecuted countless Christians and yet he was saved.

Friend: He doesn't deserved to be saved. Are you saying that a person who does a lot of good for the society but does not believe in God will go to H@#$?

Me: Well Jesus died on the cross for our sins so that we can be forgiven. All we have to do is accept his gift however God does not forces us to accept his gift. Why don't you come with me to church this Sunday?

Friend: Nah, I'm busy.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Pray for her as often as God puts her on your heart and you think of her.  Then live the life before her.  Be a friend but do not become involved with her beyond that, letting emotions get the best of you.