IGNORED

Overwhelming evidence of life on earth before Adam

Quasar93

Guest shiloh357
25 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

The problem with that description, regarding me, at least, is that I became a Christian back in 1980 and was taught what to believe. Then, as I progressed I studied the bible and started focusing on context, new testament quotes from the old testament, etc. I also started reading some books from bible scholars outside the confines of my own particular church. It caused me to change my viewpoints in some ways. First big one was that I went from pre-tribulationist to mid-tribulationist (aka post trib, pre wrath). 

Then the internet and search engines opened me up to a whole new world of study with the bible in various versions at my fingertips. Then I discovered online lexicons. With each phase I as able to drill into topics that had previously confused me. Another thing that really helps is that I have the entire bible in audio form on a thumb drive that I plug into the dash on my car. I have a three hour daily commute and for the last three years have spent about half my commute time listening to the bible. 

Listening, rather than reading, gives a completely different perspective. I can listen to Ecclesiastes three times on my morning commute. Immersion is awesome. 

This is a journey that takes a lifetime.

That really has nothing to do with what I am saying.  I was not describing you.   I am saying that the gap theory is based on assumptions that are not in the Bible.  It is not based on "interpretation."  It is based on assumptions not contained in the Bible, not even implied by the Bible and then trying to force the Bible to accommodate those assumptions.   

Guest shiloh357
27 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

The problem with that description, regarding me, at least, is that I became a Christian back in 1980 and was taught what to believe. Then, as I progressed I studied the bible and started focusing on context, new testament quotes from the old testament, etc. I also started reading some books from bible scholars outside the confines of my own particular church. It caused me to change my viewpoints in some ways. First big one was that I went from pre-tribulationist to mid-tribulationist (aka post trib, pre wrath). 

Then the internet and search engines opened me up to a whole new world of study with the bible in various versions at my fingertips. Then I discovered online lexicons. With each phase I as able to drill into topics that had previously confused me. Another thing that really helps is that I have the entire bible in audio form on a thumb drive that I plug into the dash on my car. I have a three hour daily commute and for the last three years have spent about half my commute time listening to the bible. 

Listening, rather than reading, gives a completely different perspective. I can listen to Ecclesiastes three times on my morning commute. Immersion is awesome. 

This is a journey that takes a lifetime.

This is not a journey that takes a lifetime.  That may sound dramatic and inspirational, but it is just not true.  It is about letting the Bible speak for itself.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

39 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Yeah. I'm not into all that baggage...yet. I just understand that a lot of what people (including me) believe about Genesis is what we think it says, rather than what it says. We tend to fill in the blanks.

There is an attorney on the internet that illustrates this beautifully. He tells a brief story to the audience and then asks simple questions. An example.

The story (about one minute long) goes that two people were killed in a robbery attempt that resulted in blah, blah, blah...

When he completes the story, his first question is an easy one: He asks how many people were shot. A bunch of people say three, and a bunch of people say two. He then says "you're all wrong". Nobody was shot. I said two people were KILLED. He didn't say anything about people being shot. And in this case the weapon was a baseball bat.

It is important to see what is actually said in the bible, apply context, and work hard (and it takes hard work) to not add information that is not there. This is why so many of my points here revolve around what could have been, or might have been, while not adding nor subtracting from what was said.

That is a great point, only we have the information clearly written for us in scripture. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

43 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That really has nothing to do with what I am saying.  I was not describing you.   I am saying that the gap theory is based on assumptions that are not in the Bible.  It is not based on "interpretation."  It is based on assumptions not contained in the Bible, not even implied by the Bible and then trying to force the Bible to accommodate those assumptions.   

Well, yeah. I completely agree with that. :)

23 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I wasn't speaking of God resting...

Then I wasn't talking about you. ;)

What do you mean by condescending attitude? I'm really focused on being polite here. I think we are all on a journey to increase our knowledge and understanding. I have no ill will or lack of respect for anyone I've talked to here yet. If you are getting that vibe, I apologize. It is not my intent.

45 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

This is not a journey that takes a lifetime.  That may sound dramatic and inspirational, but it is just not true.  It is about letting the Bible speak for itself.  

My point was just that you can study all your life and not know God fully. That's all. 

26 minutes ago, hmbld said:

That is a great point, only we have the information clearly written for us in scripture. 

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. That is why we have so many denominations.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The Bible states that sin and death began with fall of Adam in the Garden in Genesis 3.

The Bible is very clear that sin brings spiritual death, at the very least. What scripture(s) would you use to support that the death due to sin was/is physical as well as spiritual?

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

The Bible is very clear that sin brings spiritual death, at the very least. What scripture(s) would you use to support that the death due to sin was/is physical as well as spiritual?

Jesus' physical death on the cross.   Jesus didn't die "spiritually" on the cross.   It took the physical death of Jesus on the cross to pay for man's sin and to make it possible for man to be delivered from both spiritual and physical death. (Rom. 5:12-21)

In addition, I would point to Rev. 21-22 and the fact that when sin is eradicated, so is death, both physically and spiritually.   When sin is eradicated, we are told that  there will be no more pain or sorrow and nothing that makes a curse.  The curse of sin and death will be broken.  We will spend the rest of eternity in physical bodies that will be indestructible. 

All we need do is examine what things will be like when the curse is reversed and broken to understand what we lost when Adam fell in the Garden and to understand was life was like before the fall of man in Genesis 3.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

9 hours ago, enoob57 said:

No that's not how it is written ... it's coverage is in all God has created right?

Gen 2:2
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
KJV

Really loved one the burden lies upon the claim there is other.... not spoken of here and that is not within Scripture!

The Bible is not clear on whether there were beings before us....just that WE are created in His image and the world around us was created for US.   If there was a world before ours, so what?  If there was, God took it away and created this one. That possibility in no way contradicts the Bible; which documents the creation of us and this world.

• Thumbs Up 1