• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Yowm said:

We ought to love our enemies...

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
(Joh 3:17)

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
(Rom 5:8)

In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
(1Jn 4:10)

No doubt about it.

Personally speaking, if it were not for the love of Christ, the gifts, peace and Spirit He has given us. It would be impossible to forgive someone who has harmed our family members or ourselves. It is in our 'old man' and flesh nature to desire retribution and revenge for those that wrongfully hurt us. It sure can be a tough pill to swallow sometimes, but we're given the power to recompense evil with good. I need to constantly commit this to memory.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Ogner said:

Right

Why should I forgive thoes who wish me harm and show no mercy on me? They do not ask me to forgive them. And they're happy when can hurt me. 

Why should you expect an angry sinner to show you mercy? From where would they get that mercy? After all they don't know God who is mercy personified.

Now, I hasten to say that I've met some kind people who might well have been sinners so there is that exception. But on other occasions I have encountered some people who were having a bad day and carrying a large chip on their shoulders. So they need to be given some slack from those who can give it to them. And, unfortunately I've even been the one to unintentionally cause someone to get offended. It's amazing how what I thought to be an innocent question can change the person's emotional state at the drop of a hat.

We have experienced God's mercy in that He forgave us when we didn't even ask to be forgiven. So we receive His mercy and then are to go and give that mercy to others. Forgiving others is our calling from God.

We are to be like a sponge that is so saturated with God's love and forgiveness that the slightest impact from any sinner will cause that love and forgiveness to squirt out.

Why should Christians forgive those who are happy to hurt us? We've got the love of God in our hearts by the Holy Spirit that has been given to us. As we have received, so are we to give. We are to be slow to get angry and instead be quick to forgive. We are to forgive as God in Christ has forgiven us. That makes us the ambassadors of God to be ministers of His grace to sinners. For God was in Christ reconciling the world of sinners, not counting their trespasses against them.

So after writing this I hasten to add, because I seek to forestall any upcoming situation where I have opportunity to yield to temptation.. may I remember to do this when next I encounter a situation where I could get aggravated but instead I am calm in undisturbed composure. And also that I do not offend others.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, Ogner said:

frienduff thaylorde, why are you so cruel to me? 

They do not ask me to forgive them. And they're happy when can hurt me. I asked, Why should I forgive thoes who wish me harm and show no mercy on me?

You told to me in the answer:  you are a bad person because do not forgive those who want to hurt you.

But why am I have been unjustly painted as the villain of the story?

We just trying to help you is all.    Let me give a wonderful example that I hope you seriously ponder and pray about .

Those who truly followed Christ had the great hope and could even sing in prison.

Because their hope was in the one who saved them and not what man did unto them.

In acts they were in prison and the place shook and the bars of the prison opened.    The jailor upon waking from the quake saw the doors open

and he knew the sentence for sleeping on post was a harsh death.     Thus he drew out his own sword to kill himself

and instead of letting him kill himself and escape ,  they shouted out DO yourself no harm.    Knowing this also meant they would not be able to escape.

But they did love their enemies and only desired them to come to Christ .   And the jailor and his household , DID .

No where is it written you have to hang around those who hate you.   But do this .    Start praying mercy for them.   Start praying that they come to Christ .

And also watch your own joy increase within.     Just pray for them as JESUS said to do.    When we obey Christ , the Spirit , it releases joy into our own heart .

the Spirit will cause the reigns of your heart to be joy filled.    Just pray for the increase on how to walk as you ought .

Worry not about how they are treating you,  focus on CHRIST and pray for guidance on how you should walk and pray for them to receive a blessing

to know Christ .   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,222
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Ho Ogner,

I understood you when you mentioned about Paul before Christ began to work in His heart.

Actually Paul is a good example of someone who was living one way ,before finding Christ and then living another way, after Christ began working in His heart.

The old testament gives us the ten commandments, and for sure it says we should not kill.

God does not contradict himself, but people do.

The old testament show stories of what happens to man when he becomes prideful and disobeys Gods law and what happens to man when he obeys God law and seeks to be close to Him instead of being filled with his own will.

Many wars and killings where done because of mans rebellion, not because God told them to go kill  but because they seeked vengeance .  The bible is clear : Deuteronomy 32:35 Vengeance is Mine, and recompense;
Their foot shall slip in due time;
For the day of their calamity is at hand,
And the things to come hasten upon them.’

God is LOVE He does not change, but pride & rebellion in man change them from being close to God to being far away from God.

When a person lives in pride and rebellion they distance themselves from God, but if man becomes repentant and seeks God to come help him, God will respond. It comes from a sincere heart that God can come and respond to us and begin working in us, in our hearts.

The good news is that you have been given the opportunity to find Christ and allow Him to come into your heart and minister to it through the Holy Spirit of God now living in you, that is if you have repented and truly believe that Christ Jesus is the promised messiah that God sent to this world so to redeem it from the power of the wicked one:satan.

Until we find Christ we remain very lost in this world system. and this world system can be quite cruel, quite evil and with not much mercy.

But we through Gods plan of Mercy and Grace through His only begotten son Christ Jesus have been set aside to follow to live a different way than this worlds way.

Christ Jesus came so we may find Him, and live by Him and through Him, having crucified our old nature to the cross of Calvary where Christ Blood was shed for the remission of our sins and sicknesses  ( can be found in Isaiah 53).

Without Him, we are lost to the world, but with Him, we become new creations.

We become ambassadors of Christ Jesus

2 Corinthians 5:19-21

19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

So how are we to live?

1 Thessalonians 4

Plea for Purity

Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God; for you know what commandments we gave you through the Lord Jesus.

For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God; that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified. For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given[a] us His Holy Spirit.

A Brotherly and Orderly Life

But concerning brotherly love you have no need that I should write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another; 1and indeed you do so toward all the brethren who are in all Macedonia. But we urge you, brethren, that you increase more and more; 11 that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, 12 that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.

The Comfort of Christ’s Coming

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

I like this  because it mentions to live a quiet life and to mind your own business and work honestly with your hands.

For sure we cannot change our neighbor, but we can change ourselves through Christ Jesus.

I know it must be hard to be surrounded with people who are vicious and not let it effect you. but with Gods help, He can show you how to overcome. If possible the best way to free yourself from hostility, is to walk away from it, and not place yourself where hostility abounds.

But even in a hostile environment, with Christ Jesus you can accomplish peace and composure within , by not internalizing the evil around you, but just observing it like looking at these hostile people like clouds passing by you and not bringing these dark clouds-people- into you  but always keeping Gods goodness, Gods promises in you.

I can only give an example. I have a brother that is an atheist, he lives completely by the ways of the world, will take advantage of you if you give him the chance and he can crush you , given the opportunity.

I know that if I stay to close to a type of person like this and try to befriend them, they will try to crush me, (been there, done that) ( share the good news and it is rejected, then dust yourself of and go elsewhere)) so I stay  away from this person and I don't give my self to this person to be trampled on, (no pearls to swine) but i pray for them silently that God show them His plan of Mercy and Grace and remain distant yet secure and steady in my faith and keep my peace and mind my business and seek to live a quiet and peaceful life in Christ Jesus. If this brother choose to approach me one day in the love of Christ, yes i will be there for him, but if he chooses to live with hostility, I keep my distance and pray for him from far away.

Also avoid courts as much as possible, if that can be helped, because to bring a person to justice by the courts can be very expensive, very exhaustive and can make you very sick.

It is better to let them take what they steal and just walk away from the situation, and let God take care of justice.

God is always your place of refuge, your place to find peace within.  Have some kind of peaceful life away from these people who are nasty to you and don't let their nastiness, rob you of your peace.  If you are obliged to be around these people,  always remain polite with firmness kindness and understanding in your heart, remain objective and don't internalize their negativity by reacting the same as them. Remain calm in the Lord, and just observe them.  Their own hostility will be turned back on them is you do not react to them.

What a bad person wants, from you is always a reaction. That gives them power. Don't give them that power, remain strong withing with the power of God living inside you, helping you to live your life in peace.

John 16:33

Christ Jesus said

Yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. 33I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take courage; I have overcome the world.

John 14:27

Christ Jesus said:

26But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you. 27Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid. 

I hope this helps a little.

God bless

in Christ Jesus always

1to3

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

5 hours ago, patrick jane said:

Excuse me? Paul WAS NOT deluded, blasphemer. Repent and read you Bible before lying on a public forum about the greatest Apostle, chosen by the risen ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

I need to apologize to @Ogner because he was probably talking about Paul BEFORE he was saved by grace. People have been known to slander Paul and say he had a mental disorder and that was the thorn in his flesh. He murdered Christians and had zeal for the law when he was Saul. I follow Paul as a pattern, per scripture and I defend him too strongly at times. Sorry Ogner. 

Edited by patrick jane
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

13 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I read Jonh :17, 

God he did not sent his son in the world to condemn but to save. 

And Romans 5: 8,

God comanded his son Jesus to die for us while we were sinners. 

These scriptures I understand, but does not erase to what God did in the OT. 

What happen to the God of the Jews in the OT, you know what he did to them and to other nations, do you call this turn the other chick. 

Do we have to be afraid of him, if he is the same? 

What is your point, you still say that he is the same as in the Old T. 

May I suggest you reconsider the God of the Old Testament with this thought in mind.

Jesus spoke in parables, he gave physical examples that really had a spiritual meaning. Most, if not all of the Old Testament stories are God's way of using "parables" as well. You can take any story in the Old Testament and almost without fail find the very significant spiritual meaning it represents.

I would urge you to consider that the physical/ worldly stories have a spiritual meaning and you have to figure out what they are.

Ezra and Nehemiah for instance are not just about the return of the exiles and how they have to deal with a world that is twisted and ungodly it also can be applied to any one of us that are personally going through the life changing experience of turning to God and facing the struggles of the old way of life trying to get in and destroy us.

The Israelite's coming out of Egypt, crossing the Red Sea while the Egyptians try to pull them back is another example. Crossing the Jordan into the promised land, all can be related to each of us on a personal level. Our God is a genius in the way He layed this all out for us! 

We have to learn that the bible is teaching us about living a dual life......one in the physical world (worldly)

...the other in the spiritual world (heavenly)

We live in the physical, we relate in the physical, so God uses what we know to teach us about.....

.....the spiritual.

We have to ask ourselves when looking at the worldly Old Testament stories..."how is God using the physical to teach us about our spiritual life?"

• Brilliant! 1

9 hours ago, patrick jane said:

Excuse me? Paul WAS NOT deluded, blasphemer. Repent and read you Bible before lying on a public forum about the greatest Apostle, chosen by the risen ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

Name calling does not help us learn

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, Mike 2 said:

Name calling does not help us learn

Miguel segunda.     He apologized for that .   

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

May I suggest you reconsider the God of the Old Testament with this thought in mind.

Jesus spoke in parables, he gave physical examples that really had a spiritual meaning. Most, if not all of the Old Testament stories are God's way of using "parables" as well. You can take any story in the Old Testament and almost without fail find the very significant spiritual meaning it represents.

I would urge you to consider that the physical/ worldly stories have a spiritual meaning and you have to figure out what they are.

Ezra and Nehemiah for instance are not just about the return of the exiles and how they have to deal with a world that is twisted and ungodly it also can be applied to any one of us that are personally going through the life changing experience of turning to God and facing the struggles of the old way of life trying to get in and destroy us.

The Israelite's coming out of Egypt, crossing the Red Sea while the Egyptians try to pull them back is another example. Crossing the Jordan into the promised land, all can be related to each of us on a personal level. Our God is a genius in the way He layed this all out for us! 

We have to learn that the bible is teaching us about living a dual life......one in the physical world (worldly)

...the other in the spiritual world (heavenly)

We live in the physical, we relate in the physical, so God uses what we know to teach us about.....

.....the spiritual.

We have to ask ourselves when looking at the worldly Old Testament stories..."how is God using the physical to teach us about our spiritual life?"

I am glad to read your post.

Do you think that (without pointing fingers), most of us confuse the God of the old testiment with the Father in the Heavens. 

What happen to the God of the OT. 

Can the God of the OT who was the God of the Jews only, has anything to do and say not just today but from about the time of Jesus Christ. 

Can he still judge the Jews, or do the Jews have their own God from the rest of us. 

Some kind of tought, or any would be appreciated. 

6 hours ago, Ogner said:

If you look at the whole story in Matthew 18 you'll see that's not about we must forgive each and every without exception. 

Or do you think Jesus could taught us how to love and forgive criminals, murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains ? More precisely  do you think that Jesus taught love and forgive thoes who  shows no remorse for their crime?  

I believe that the master in the story was showing all that towards the servant fully knowing that the servant was unrepentant. The forgiveness was given to that murdering burglar rapist, but the servant did not have a sincere repentant heart, he never really accepted that he needed forgiveness, he just wanted to avoid the penalty of the debt he owed.

Having said that the master did show love and forgiveness for the servant that showed no remorse for their crime.

My love and forgiveness is what helps to pave the path for someone to repent. Like the servant they may or may not repent BUT if they don't, they can NEVER use the excuse that I wouldn't forgive them....it's all on them, their free will choice.

Something I would like to add .....it seems that you are having to deal with some offensive people right now. At this time in my life I am not...although many times in the past I have had to, and I will again in the future. It's easy for me to say all this now, but not so easy to do it when you are in the thick of it. Your forgiveness and mercy may go completely unaccepted but it's all you can do.