LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I am not sure if this is the right place for this topic. Sorry if I put it in the wrong place if so  feel free to move if need to.  But I was wondering if you watched the Roseanne show what you all thought of it. Looks like Pres. Trump congratulated her.  I don't know if he watched it or not. Anyway,  I really don't know how I feel about it. I was a fan  back in the 90's, but then it got weird that last 2 or 3 seasons. So anyway, what do you all think?  Since I am neutral  about it nothing said will hurt my feelings in anyway. :cool2:

Guest Butero

I didn't care for the original version of the show, but have watched the first two episodes this season and liked them.  I read it is a break out hit for ABC.  It did so well in early ratings, they have already renewed it for season 2.  

It is different from the original.  With Roseanne and Dan being seniors, it has an entirely different feel to the show.  If the program continues as it has begun, I will likely continue to watch it.  

Full disclosure.  I hadn't intended to watch it, until I heard Rush Limbaugh give it positive reviews.  That is what caused me to check it out.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

The wife watches and likes it. I've only seen glimpses of that show. 'Barring' the subject matter, when I see or hear the name of Roseanne Barr, I think of names like; Jane Fonda, Tokyo Rose, Julius & Ethel Rosenberg, and a host of unpatriotic thespian's, liberals and athletes. 

Yeah, compare the "Roseanne Barr Show" to Leave it to Beaver and Mrs. Clever back in the day and see where we are at today (hey, that rhymed). 

Just my thought process anyway. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

I'm going to try to watch or DVR it this week.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

The wife watches and likes it. I've only seen glimpses of that show. 'Barring' the subject matter, when I see or hear the name of Roseanne Barr, I think of names like; Jane Fonda, Tokyo Rose, Julius & Ethel Rosenberg, and a host of unpatriotic thespian's, liberals and athletes. 

Yeah, compare the "Roseanne Barr Show" to Leave it to Beaver and Mrs. Clever back in the day and see where we are at today (hey, that rhymed). 

Just my thought process anyway. 

leave it to beaver was a fantasy....   Roseanne is a closer look at reality.                  I watched the old and the new, I got tired of the old series.   The first two shows I found both interesting and entertaining and will continue to watch.   Here is hoping Roseanne has seen the light of where Progressivism leads.

Guest Butero
16 minutes ago, other one said:

leave it to beaver was a fantasy....   Roseanne is a closer look at reality.                  I watched the old and the new, I got tired of the old series.   The first two shows I found both interesting and entertaining and will continue to watch.   Here is hoping Roseanne has seen the light of where Progressivism leads.

"Leave It To Beaver" to me is close to the ideal, so long as God is included.  If all homes in America resembled that, this would be a much better place.  I think homes were like that in the 50s, but not every home.  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,600
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

30 minutes ago, Butero said:

"Leave It To Beaver" to me is close to the ideal, so long as God is included.  If all homes in America resembled that, this would be a much better place.  I think homes were like that in the 50s, but not every home.  

Some if not many homes are still like Leave It To Beaver.   Dad still drives into work some Saturdays, but he doesn't smoke a pipe, nor does the wife wear gloves to the grocery store, nor even go to the grocery store. Today Wally doesn't even want a car, Beaver is still beaver though.

Roseanne was trash from day one. Doesn't much matter if she bought a new container for it. At the core it is still trash, doing nothing much to the glory of God.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Butero said:

I think homes were like that in the 50s, but not every home.  

Did women back then really dress up and wear high hill shoes to do housework? I always wonder that. LOL !:rofl:  I don't look good at all when I do housework. :huh:

• Haha 1

Guest Butero
2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Did women back then really dress up and wear high hill shoes to do housework? I always wonder that. LOL !:rofl:  I don't look good at all when I do housework. :huh:

I don't know about her shoes.  I might need to take a closer look at that.:)

Guest Butero
1 hour ago, Rick_Parker said:

I wasn't real pleased with the cross-dressing boy, or Jackie with her "pussy-hat," and it wasn't very funny. Seems like there has to be some type of deviant behavior in every show, though.

I agree with those criticism about content, but that was just a reflection on what is taking place in a sick society.  You might want to consider editing your post for content before the mods see it.  I don't think you should use that word about the hat, even though that is what they call it.  Just my opinion.