• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,460
  • Content Per Day:  8.11
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Tristen said:

Good.

So all along you could have simply posted https://biblehub.com/hebrew/hayetah_1961.htm as your source. That would have saved a lot of nonsense. But at-least we're here now. :) 

So, all along you could have done it yourself.  But I lit up the 'midnight oil', put on a pot of coffee, rolled up my sleeves, put on a sweat band, and in LESS THAN 1 minute produced the post with all the data available.

I've done a quick scan through the first 20-or-so verses - and they line up with mine. So that's a good start. You can do it for the rest if you like, but I'm happy enough that we are dealing with the same verses - i.e. where 'haya' is used in the 'hayetha' form.

I don't need to do anything with your list.  I gave ALL 111 verses that have the EXACT SAME FORM of the verb and 59% of them are translated as "become" or "became".

So - to the data!

* I firstly observe that they are using many English translations throughout the list.

Well then, I suggest you actually open your eyes.  The website consistently uses the literal Hebrew, KJV, NAS and INT.  Is that "many"?

Therefore, my first question - How are they justifying the English translation used for each verse?

Go ask every single scholar who worked on that verse.

I don't see that information provided.

Again, please actually open your eyes.  

I can make a reasonable guess as to why they used the Hebrew and Interlinear versions, but without knowing why they chose the English versions for each verse, I have to consider the possibility of a bias-driven selection.

Guessing isn't necessary.  Just count the number of times the verb was translated as "become" or "became".  Those are the MOST COMMON translations of that form of the verb.

* This also raises a question about your initial claim (that 'hayetha' is translated 'became' 59% of the time it is used in the Old Testament).

Anyone who actually does the counting will get the same number.  Try it yourself.

Do you just mean it can be translated that way 59% of the time - if you Cherry-Pick through the full range of translations?

Your choice of words here "cherry pick" reveals your extreme bias.  I counted EVERY verse where the same form of the verb in Gen 1:2 and 59% of them was "become" or "became".  How come this FACT isn't sinking in?

Because that is a very weak claim - i.e. a extremely weak justification for insisting on that particular translation for a different context.

I see the problem here:  extreme bias.  Doesn't matter a bit.  The FACT is that the exact same form of the verb in Gen 1:2 is translated as "become/became" in the rest of the OT.  FACT.  Makes that transation the MOST COMMON translation of the word throughout the OT.

* I would also observe that in your 'became'-heavy list, Genesis 1:2 is translated 'was' in the preferred translations. Can you point mesa to any Bible translations that use 'became' in Genesis 1:2 - I did a quick parallel search and couldn't find any among the presented translations. If even those with a tendency to translate 'hayetha' as 'became' choose 'was' instead, that is highly suggestive of a reason driving the translation towards 'was'.

Your opinion doesn't change the FACT.

* Now, if we move on to the second verse on your list we see:

I can't find any reason to continue this heavily biased conversation.  I've proven my point and all I see is resistance to the FACTS.  

You are obviously free to your own opinions, but I proved my point and it is clear that you don't like the FACTS.  But that's on you.

Good day.

ps:  I'm not surprised that you would argue against the FACTS.  That's what bias does.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61

12 hours ago, Tristen said:

Yes - had you taken the time to consider my data, you would have noticed that I factored that in explicitly. 

DID NOT create null and void

was - null and void

SOME men ASSUME/use mans wisdom making 'null and void' a PART OF THE PROCESS, even though IT IS NOT WRITTEN, 

completely disregarding THE WORDS OF GOD IN WHICH HE SAYS

'not created null and void', I believe because of the THEORY of EVOLUTION

rendering it the same thing as EVERY OTHER FALSE DOCTRINE by not believing

what is written

to call into question IT'S TRUTH, with THE SAME QUESTION FIRST HEARD IN THE GARDEN

YEA HATH GOD SAID.  

AKA - man PUTTING null and void INTO THE PROCESS of creation

BY HAVING GOD begin the whole thing then stop, and have the earth SITTING IN DARKNESS all null and void for 'the light' to shine upon it already sitting there

WHEN EXACTLY does THIS DARKNESS part of creation 'claimed' COME ABOUT IN THE words of GOD if Jeremiah is being rejected?   And when does the sudden destruction of Jeremiah take place if not then?

1Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 

(THOSE WOULD BE THE WISDOM OF MAN questioning the TRUTH of the words of GOD)

3Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Are you saying GOD LAID the foundation IN DARKNESS??

5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Are you saying THIS was spoken in darkness?

6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

OR THIS?  PLEASE, as SUCH OPPOSITION IS BEING PUT FORTH, Please, BE SPECIFIC AS TO WHAT POINT IN THE WORDS OF GOD YOU SEE THIS DARKNESS coming upon the earth especially since REJECTED is the sudden destruction in Jerenmiah 4.  And please, put forth GODS WORDS and not mans showing when THE DARKNESS DURING CREATION CAME ABOUT. 

7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Does it make more SENSE for GOD put ALL THE ANGELS into DARKNESS in order to CREATE THE EARTH

or do you not believe this was an ACTUAL TIME in eternity?

When exactly WAS the earth "SUDDENLY destroyed" and left without light but did not perish?

8Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

9When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,

10And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,

11And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

12Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;

13That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

14It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.

15And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken.

16Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?

17Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?

18Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.

19Where is the way where light dwelleth?

and as for darkness, where is the place thereof,

20That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof?

21Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great?

Do you see ANY OF THAT as the time 'OF DARKNESS' and if so HOW does that work ? WITH

1518. giach ►
Strong's Concordance
giach: to burst forth
Original Word: גּיחַ
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: giach
Phonetic Spelling: (ghee'-akh)
Definition: to burst forth

7358. rechem ►
Strong's Concordance
rechem: womb
Original Word: רֶחֶם
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: rechem
Phonetic Spelling: (rekh'-em)
Definition: womb

3318. yatsa ►
Strong's Concordance
yatsa: to go or come out
Original Word: יָצָא
Transliteration: yatsa
Phonetic Spelling: (yaw-tsaw')
Definition: to go or come out

5526 [e]    וַיָּ֣סֶךְ
way-yā-seḵ    Or [who] shut in    Conj-w | V-Hifil-ConsecImperf-3ms
1817 [e]    בִּדְלָתַ֣יִם
biḏ-lā-ṯa-yim    with doors    Prep-b | N-fd
3220 [e]    יָ֑ם
yām;    the sea    N-ms
1518 [e]    בְּ֝גִיח֗וֹ
bə-ḡî-ḥōw,    when it burst forth    Prep-b | V-Qal-Inf | 3ms
7358 [e]    מֵרֶ֥חֶם
mê-re-ḥem    from the womb    Prep-m | N-ms
3318 [e]    יֵצֵֽא׃
yê-ṣê.    [and] issued    V-Qal-Imperf-3ms

does ANY OF THIS seem to be a TIME OF NULL AND VOIDNESS?  

7760. sum or sim ►
Strong's Concordance
sum or sim: to put, place, set
Original Word: שׂוּם
Transliteration: sum or sim
Phonetic Spelling: (soom)
Definition: to put, place, set

7760 [e]    בְּשׂוּמִ֣י
bə-śū-mî    when I made    Prep-b | V-Qal-Inf | 1cs
6051 [e]    עָנָ֣ן
‘ā-nān    the clouds    N-ms
3830 [e]    לְבֻשׁ֑וֹ
lə-ḇu-šōw;    its garment    N-msc | 3ms
6205 [e]    וַ֝עֲרָפֶ֗ל
wa-‘ă-rā-p̄el,    and thick darkness    Conj-w | N-ms
2854 [e]    חֲתֻלָּתֽוֹ׃
ḥă-ṯul-lā-ṯōw.    its swaddling band    N-fsc | 3ms

These, and the many other verses like them ARE WHY I believe GOD DID not CREATE NULL AND VOID as the BEGINNING of IT.  

please GIVE GODS WORDS THAT SHOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING and how it all comes into context, LIKE I have TRIED to show you here as to why IT is does not for me.   

PLEASE, TEACH ME using only GODS WORDS

knowing THOSE WORDS soon will be the ONLY WORDS available for use. 

That means PUTTING into CONTEXT 

The angels/sons of God WATCHING earth created

The SUDDEN destruction of the earth that rendered it with no man and no light but didn't make it completely perish.

(how long would it take for all the waters of the earth to turn to ice without the sun I wonder? Would it be so quick that someone/thing eating wouldn't even have time to swallow I wonder?)

The DRAGON appearing in heaven and casting 1/3 to earth

How the EARTH is sitting in DARKNESS, ALREADY THERE, when GOD said Let there be light

and so on....THANK GOD you have lots and lots of time to devote to the subject.  I look forward to SEEING how all the things that fit so perfectly together for me right now fit so perfectly together in ANY OTHER CONTEXT, aka yours.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,380
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

So, all along you could have done it yourself.  But I lit up the 'midnight oil', put on a pot of coffee, rolled up my sleeves, put on a sweat band, and in LESS THAN 1 minute produced the post with all the data available.

Well, I'm not sure what kind of "Rain Man" filter you have preventing you from understanding the basic debate convention - that you will always be the one responsible for providing the supporting data for your own claims.

And furthermore, simply pointing someone in the general direction of your data and telling them to 'find it themselves' will never be considered a valid source reference.

But we finally got there. So no point dwelling on that. 

It's lucky I didn't do it myself - since now I've seen the data, I would have assumed I had the wrong page - As, having looked at only the first five verses on the list, I have now discovered several reasons demonstrating that the data is not suitable for a straight count.

Those reasons include:

- The list using multiple translations, thereby introducing intrinsic bias into the count.

- The list uses sometimes one, sometimes two, and sometimes three translations for one verse - without any justification for the translations used. What do we do when the translations conflict? My suspicion is you just count it for 'became'.

- The list uses weird translations, such as "become was". So which is it, "become" or "was"? I suspect you just count it for 'became'.

- The list attributes "become" to a translation, when inspection of that translation reveals the use of "was". Yet you, no doubt, just tally one more for 'became'.

- The list attributes "become" to verses where "become" makes absolutely no sense in English. I guess, chalk up another one for 'became'.

- And ironically, even though your list has a 'became' bias, the actual verse we are discussing is translated "was" on your list.

For these reasons, your list is an inappropriate resource for a straight count. That is, your application of this list is a misuse of this resource. The list can not logically, mathematically, be used the way you are trying to use it - i.e. to generate any meaningful information pertaining to how many times 'hayetha' is translated 'became'.

On the upside, your list does seem to be an accurate reflection of the 'hayetha' form of 'haya'. Therefore, if you really wanted to know the proportion this word is translated 'became', you could pick a translation and check through the verses on the basis of this list. I've already done one translation (NKJV). I'd even be happy if you could find the translation that uses 'became' the most for 'hayetha'. 

I predict that you can't find a single translation that uses 'became' more than 25%, or one that uses 'became' more than 'was'.

(My real prediction is that you'll respond with more empty posturing. Given your last post, I think this to be a near certainty) :) 

11 hours ago, FreeGrace said:
22 hours ago, Tristen said:

* Now, if we move on to the second verse on your list we see:

I can't find any reason to continue this heavily biased conversation.  I've proven my point and all I see is resistance to the FACTS.

Lol. Really? You couldn't even make it to my analysis of the "second verse" of your 111-long list? But are happy to posture about me showing "resistance to the FACTS"? I wonder how much of your own nonsense you believe.

You are obviously free to your own opinions, but I proved my point and it is clear that you don't like the FACTS.  But that's on you.

Good day.

Lol. And a "Good day" to you sir.

ps:  I'm not surprised ...

I said, "GOOD DAY"!!! 

;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

DID NOT create null and void

was - null and void

SOME men ASSUME/use mans wisdom making 'null and void' a PART OF THE PROCESS, even though IT IS NOT WRITTEN, 

completely disregarding THE WORDS OF GOD IN WHICH HE SAYS

'not created null and void', I believe because of the THEORY of EVOLUTION

rendering it the same thing as EVERY OTHER FALSE DOCTRINE by not believing

what is written

to call into question IT'S TRUTH, with THE SAME QUESTION FIRST HEARD IN THE GARDEN

YEA HATH GOD SAID.  

AKA - man PUTTING null and void INTO THE PROCESS of creation

BY HAVING GOD begin the whole thing then stop, and have the earth SITTING IN DARKNESS all null and void for 'the light' to shine upon it already sitting there

WHEN EXACTLY does THIS DARKNESS part of creation 'claimed' COME ABOUT IN THE words of GOD if Jeremiah is being rejected?   And when does the sudden destruction of Jeremiah take place if not then?

1Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 

(THOSE WOULD BE THE WISDOM OF MAN questioning the TRUTH of the words of GOD)

3Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Are you saying GOD LAID the foundation IN DARKNESS??

5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Are you saying THIS was spoken in darkness?

6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

OR THIS?  PLEASE, as SUCH OPPOSITION IS BEING PUT FORTH, Please, BE SPECIFIC AS TO WHAT POINT IN THE WORDS OF GOD YOU SEE THIS DARKNESS coming upon the earth especially since REJECTED is the sudden destruction in Jerenmiah 4.  And please, put forth GODS WORDS and not mans showing when THE DARKNESS DURING CREATION CAME ABOUT. 

7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Does it make more SENSE for GOD put ALL THE ANGELS into DARKNESS in order to CREATE THE EARTH

or do you not believe this was an ACTUAL TIME in eternity?

When exactly WAS the earth "SUDDENLY destroyed" and left without light but did not perish?

8Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

9When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,

10And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,

11And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

12Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;

13That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

14It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.

15And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken.

16Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?

17Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?

18Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.

19Where is the way where light dwelleth?

and as for darkness, where is the place thereof,

20That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof?

21Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great?

Do you see ANY OF THAT as the time 'OF DARKNESS' and if so HOW does that work ? WITH

1518. giach ►
Strong's Concordance
giach: to burst forth
Original Word: גּיחַ
Transliteration: giach
Phonetic Spelling: (ghee'-akh)
Definition: to burst forth

7358. rechem ►
Strong's Concordance
rechem: womb
Original Word: רֶחֶם
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: rechem
Phonetic Spelling: (rekh'-em)
Definition: womb

3318. yatsa ►
Strong's Concordance
yatsa: to go or come out
Original Word: יָצָא
Transliteration: yatsa
Phonetic Spelling: (yaw-tsaw')
Definition: to go or come out

5526 [e]    וַיָּ֣סֶךְ
way-yā-seḵ    Or [who] shut in    Conj-w | V-Hifil-ConsecImperf-3ms
1817 [e]    בִּדְלָתַ֣יִם
biḏ-lā-ṯa-yim    with doors    Prep-b | N-fd
3220 [e]    יָ֑ם
yām;    the sea    N-ms
1518 [e]    בְּ֝גִיח֗וֹ
bə-ḡî-ḥōw,    when it burst forth    Prep-b | V-Qal-Inf | 3ms
7358 [e]    מֵרֶ֥חֶם
mê-re-ḥem    from the womb    Prep-m | N-ms
3318 [e]    יֵצֵֽא׃
yê-ṣê.    [and] issued    V-Qal-Imperf-3ms

does ANY OF THIS seem to be a TIME OF NULL AND VOIDNESS?  

7760. sum or sim ►
Strong's Concordance
sum or sim: to put, place, set
Original Word: שׂוּם
Transliteration: sum or sim
Phonetic Spelling: (soom)
Definition: to put, place, set

7760 [e]    בְּשׂוּמִ֣י
bə-śū-mî    when I made    Prep-b | V-Qal-Inf | 1cs
6051 [e]    עָנָ֣ן
‘ā-nān    the clouds    N-ms
3830 [e]    לְבֻשׁ֑וֹ
lə-ḇu-šōw;    its garment    N-msc | 3ms
6205 [e]    וַ֝עֲרָפֶ֗ל
wa-‘ă-rā-p̄el,    and thick darkness    Conj-w | N-ms
2854 [e]    חֲתֻלָּתֽוֹ׃
ḥă-ṯul-lā-ṯōw.    its swaddling band    N-fsc | 3ms

These, and the many other verses like them ARE WHY I believe GOD DID not CREATE NULL AND VOID as the BEGINNING of IT.  

please GIVE GODS WORDS THAT SHOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING and how it all comes into context, LIKE I have TRIED to show you here as to why IT is does not for me.   

PLEASE, TEACH ME using only GODS WORDS

knowing THOSE WORDS soon will be the ONLY WORDS available for use. 

That means PUTTING into CONTEXT 

The angels/sons of God WATCHING earth created

The SUDDEN destruction of the earth that rendered it with no man and no light but didn't make it completely perish.

(how long would it take for all the waters of the earth to turn to ice without the sun I wonder? Would it be so quick that someone/thing eating wouldn't even have time to swallow I wonder?)

The DRAGON appearing in heaven and casting 1/3 to earth

How the EARTH is sitting in DARKNESS, ALREADY THERE, when GOD said Let there be light

and so on....THANK GOD you have lots and lots of time to devote to the subject.  I look forward to SEEING how all the things that fit so perfectly together for me right now fit so perfectly together in ANY OTHER CONTEXT, aka yours.  

Hey DeighAnn,

Can you give me a quick summary of your position. I'm a bit lost as to what you are arguing, and how it relates to anything I've said.

My main purpose here is to challenge the "the earth became a wasteland" translation of Genesis 1:2. I do not consider that translation of the Hebrew text to be justified by sound translation methods. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tristen said:

Well, I'm not sure what kind of "Rain Man" filter you have preventing you from understanding the basic debate convention - that you will always be the one responsible for providing the supporting data for your own claims.

And furthermore, simply pointing someone in the general direction of your data and telling them to 'find it themselves' will never be considered a valid source reference.

But we finally got there. So no point dwelling on that. 

It's lucky I didn't do it myself - since now I've seen the data, I would have assumed I had the wrong page - As, having looked at only the first five verses on the list, I have now discovered several reasons demonstrating that the data is not suitable for a straight count.

Those reasons include:

- The list using multiple translations, thereby introducing intrinsic bias into the count.

- The list uses sometimes one, sometimes two, and sometimes three translations for one verse - without any justification for the translations used. What do we do when the translations conflict? My suspicion is you just count it for 'became'.

- The list uses weird translations, such as "become was". So which is it, "become" or "was"? I suspect you just count it for 'became'.

- The list attributes "become" to a translation, when inspection of that translation reveals the use of "was". Yet you, no doubt, just tally one more for 'became'.

- The list attributes "become" to verses where "become" makes absolutely no sense in English. I guess, chalk up another one for 'became'.

- And ironically, even though your list has a 'became' bias, the actual verse we are discussing is translated "was" on your list.

For these reasons, your list is an inappropriate resource for a straight count. That is, your application of this list is a misuse of this resource. The list can not logically, mathematically, be used the way you are trying to use it - i.e. to generate any meaningful information pertaining to how many times 'hayetha' is translated 'became'.

On the upside, your list does seem to be an accurate reflection of the 'hayetha' form of 'haya'. Therefore, if you really wanted to know the proportion this word is translated 'became', you could pick a translation and check through the verses on the basis of this list. I've already done one translation (NKJV). I'd even be happy if you could find the translation that uses 'became' the most for 'hayetha'. 

I predict that you can't find a single translation that uses 'became' more than 25%, or one that uses 'became' more than 'was'.

(My real prediction is that you'll respond with more empty posturing. Given your last post, I think this to be a near certainty) :) 

Lol. Really? You couldn't even make it to my analysis of the "second verse" of your 111-long list? But are happy to posture about me showing "resistance to the FACTS"? I wonder how much of your own nonsense you believe.

Lol. And a "Good day" to you sir.

I said, "GOOD DAY"!!! 

;)

Let's go bottom line here.  Why is defending a young earth so important?  Can you explain how or where it would change ANY doctrine or theology?

This is where the YEC peel off.  They can't defend it without bringing up evolution.  And my view has nothing to do with evolution anyway.

So what's the big deal?

Edited by FreeGrace

55 minutes ago, Tristen said:

Hey DeighAnn,

Can you give me a quick summary of your position. I'm a bit lost as to what you are arguing, and how it relates to anything I've said.

My main purpose here is to challenge the "the earth became a wasteland" translation of Genesis 1:2. I do not consider that translation of the Hebrew text to be justified by sound translation methods. 

Another FACT is that the Koine Greek scholars who were also Hebrew scholars translated the "and" in v.2 as "but" in the Greek in the LXX.

So we have a conjunction of contrast that begins v.2.  

3 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Let's go bottom line here.  Why is defending a young earth so important?

I'm not here "defending a young earth". I'm here "defending" sound hermeneutics.

This is "important" because, using unsound hermeneutics, we can make the Bible say whatever we want it to say. Whereas, using sound hermeneutics, we let the Author speak for Himself.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  782
  • Content Per Day:  1.52

On 5/30/2023 at 1:21 PM, ChristB4us said:

Not sure how they can ascribe the universe as ancient when time was not created yet until the first day and the universe did not exist until the fourth day.

I seriously can't stop laughing -- are you seriously claiming that the Earth had vegetation but there was no universe?

Tying the existence of the universe to the fourth day is a novel teaching with no basis in the text:  the very first verse has God creating everything; that's what the Hebrew phrase "the heavens and the earth" indicates -- all that exists.  And in verse 2 there is the t'hom, the "deep", which can mean the ocean but can also refer to the primeval heavens before God started shaping them.

At any rate, they knew the Hebrew more thoroughly than anyone here, so when they say the Hebrew indicates an ancient Earth and an even more ancient universe I'll believe them over the amateurs here.

Edited by Roymond

On 5/30/2023 at 1:25 PM, ChristB4us said:

Ever heard of the reservoir effect?  Science knows about it but do not always take that in account with carbon dating results.

And if you believe the Bible, then there was a calamity that caused the global flood for why none of their carbon dating results are going to be accurate.

Science are doing those carbon dating results on the assumption that there has bene no calamity for the last 55,000 years.  Talk about way off.

The Hebrew does not tell of a global flood, and there is no scientific evidence for it.

On 6/1/2023 at 3:34 AM, Tristen said:

What makes you so important that you get to challenge everybody else to provide evidence for their claims (and ignore it when they do), but when they challenge you back, you get to tell them to, 'go look for my evidence yourself'?

That's a very good question.

Especially when there's an admission that he doesn't know Hebrew or Greek yet he ventures to correct people who read those languages.  It's essentially saying, "I know I'm not qualified to talk about this, but you people who are qualified are all wrong."

Edited by Roymond