• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,202
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"Those scriptures which you gave and I wrote out do not say King David of old, or any indication that he is king David, Israel`s former king"

He is ....  think you are wrong

Hi Daniel,

So what about God`s word here in Hebrews.

These all died in faith not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, they were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare that they seek a homeland.

And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God, is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.....and what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, ALSO OF DAVID and Samuel and the prophets;...` ` (Heb. 11: 13 - 16, & 32)

Clearly tells us the King David of Old is looking for the city, the New Jerusalem, and that he knew he was a stranger and pilgrim on this earth, desiring a heavenly country.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Isn't the heavenly city coming here? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

I don't think so Marilyn

The scriptures that you give do not support your claims 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

2 hours ago, ENOCH2010 said:

Isn't the heavenly city coming here? 

Hi ENOCH2010,

Good thought, however the heavenly city comes down out of heaven AFTER the millennium. Also it is above the earth as all the world walks in its light.

Marilyn.

20 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

I don't think so Marilyn

The scriptures that you give do not support your claims 

Hi Daniel,

I think you need to read these scriptures more carefully -

But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God, is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.....and what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, ALSO OF DAVID and Samuel and the prophets;...` ` (Heb. 11: 13 - 16, & 32)

Marilyn.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

"I think you need to read these scriptures more carefully"

I have and you are wrong .... let's leave it at that

2 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"I think you need to read these scriptures more carefully"

I have and you are wrong .... let's leave it at that

OK Daniel,

I did think that really it is not something to be divisive about.

all the best, Marilyn.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

OK Daniel,

I did think that really it is not something to be divisive about.

all the best, Marilyn.

Yes, I agree, @Marilyn,

The Lord knows, and that is what matters.

We can look forward to being in His presence, the recipients of the loving-kindness of God the Father in Heavenly places, in Christ Jesus, in the age to come, and live 'looking' for His appearing, when we too will appear with Him in glory.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,585
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 5/2/2018 at 6:27 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Daniel,

So what about God`s word here in Hebrews.

These all died in faith not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, they were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare that they seek a homeland.

And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God, is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.....and what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, ALSO OF DAVID and Samuel and the prophets;...` ` (Heb. 11: 13 - 16, & 32)

Clearly tells us the King David of Old is looking for the city, the New Jerusalem, and that he knew he was a stranger and pilgrim on this earth, desiring a heavenly country.

Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

Wow. Your interpretation of these verses needs some guidance.

First, "heavenly" doesn't mean what you THINK it means. The Greek word used in Hebrews 11:16 is epouraniou, meaning "of/from-above-the-sky." This is the same word that is applied to the city in Hebrews 12:22:

22 Alla proseleeluthate Sioon orei kai polei Theou zontos, Ierousaleem epouranioo kai muriasin aggeloon,

22 Alla = 22 But
proseleeluthate = you-shall-come
Sioon = to-Zion
orei = a-mountain
kai = and
polei = a-city
Theou = of-God
zontos, = living,
Ierousaleem = Jerusalem
epouranioo = in-above-the-sky
kai = and
muriasin = ten-thousands (myriads)
aggeloon, = of-messengers,

It's also the SAME WORD that is used for the sun, moon, and stars in 1 Corinthians 15!

40 kai soomata epourania kai soomata epigeia alla hetera men hee toon epouranioon doxa hetera de hee toon epigeioon
41 allee doxa heeliou, kai allee doxa seleenees, kai allee doxa asteroon; asteer gar asteros diaferei en doxee.

40 kai = 40 and/also
soomata = bodies
epourania = from-above-the-sky
kai = and/also
soomata = bodies
epigeia = from-above-the-ground
alla = but
hetera = one
men = truly
hee = the
toon = of-the
epouranioon = things-above-the-sky
doxa = brightness
hetera = one
de = but
hee = that
toon = of-the
epigeioon = things-above-the-ground
41 allee = one
doxa = brightness
heeliou, = of-[the]-sun,
kai = and/also
allee = another
doxa = brightness
seleenees, = of-[the]-moon,
kai = and/also
allee = another
doxa = brightness
asteroon; = of-[the]-stars;
asteer = a-star
gar = for
asteros = a-star
diaferei = differs
en = in
doxee. = brightness.

That the city is currently being built above the sky (in the same "space" as the sun, moon, and stars exist) does NOT mean that it will stay there! To the contrary, we read in Revelation 21:1-4 that it descends out of the sky to the New Earth:

Revelation 21:1-4 (KJV)

1 And I saw a new heaven (Greek: ouranon kainon = a new sky) and a new earth (Greek: gheen kaineen = a new earth): for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven (Greek: katabainousan ek tou ouranou apo tou Theou = "descending out of-the sky from the God"), prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven (Greek: foonees megalees ek tou thronou = "a loud voice out of-the throne") saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Second, yes, they "confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth," (or "in the Land,") but that was DURING THEIR LIFETIMES! They were looking for the SAME CITY arriving that we are today!

Third, don't you understand, yet, what the Millennium is all about? This is the reign of the MESSIAH (the CHRIST)! The One Chosen by God to be both Israel's King and the King of Kings or the Emperor of the World-wide Empire that Yeshua` builds! This is what the children of Israel looked forward to experiencing! This is what they have anticipated since LONG before Yeshua` came on the scene the first time!

To expect them not to be resurrected at the beginning of the Millennium is as ludicrous as expecting those of us who aren't Jewish to be in "Heaven" for the Millennium! We are to "RULE AND REIGN WITH HIM!" That's hard to do from some theoretical place called "Heaven!"

Fourth, NO ONE is EVER going to be resurrected to die again! When Avraham and David are resurrected, they will be the SAME SUPERBODIES that we shall be, being immortal and incorruptible!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

David was a sinful king. If anything its going to be King Hezekiah. "There was no king like him."

Edited by Archangel Thyos