• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

In John 14:8-9

Philip asked Jesus Christ...

8 Philip(A) said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.(B) How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Exodus 4:22

And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

*through out the scriptures the Lord God is the Father of Israelites...

he is the one who took care of them.  

*When Philip is asking Jesus Christ to show them the Father Philip is not referring to their Father Abraham...

this is very clear that Philip is asking Jesus to show them the Father the Lord God their provider.  

The way Moses had shown their Father to them in the Sinai desert and they believed...

Jesus is telling Philip that he is the Lord God the Father of the Israelites who has come in the flesh being born of the virgin Mary according to the prophetic...

That the reference to Isaiah 8:6-7, is about him...

That he had to be born in and enter our word that way and live for the proposed to complete his mission and become the everlasting father...

The Savior of the world. 

All these prophecies in Isaiah have been fulfilled in Jesus Christ...

In the book of revelations Jesus is making the statement that he is the Mighty God.  

The EVERLASTING FATHER. 

that he sits on the Heavenly Throne of David and that he has the keys of David.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18

15 minutes ago, Josheb said:

What did I ask?

Now you are defending a doctrine as you maybe in the need to do it.  

When these needs are not too strong in people they are in a better position to see ..to allowed themselves to looked into those issues without bias...

Right now you cannot when you feel you must be Loyal to a doctrine. 

I post in considering the totality of scriptures and you failed to prove to the contrary with scriptures from the Psalms...the Law and the epistle and the Gospels and the book of revelations...

You cannot forbid others to study our posts , you cannot tell them follow me and do not follow anyone else not even Jesus Christ...give Jesus a chance...put your doctrinal books which binds the people minds away.. 

The truth is the Child in Isaiah the EVERLASTING Father is the Mighty God who was planning to be born as the child Jesus Christ...

He had instructed Isaiah to right those scriptures concerning himself...it was about himself and that's what the apostles teach and Jesus Christ...

You first had the Lord God and now have me...Jesus said to Philip...not both at the same time...we cannot have one and the other standing together besides one another...

Jesus said to Philip "I am he"..

And after the resurrection finally Philip said "my Lord and my God ".

He believed what Jesus had told him before about him without any doubt...

35 minutes ago, Josheb said:

And now you are attacking me. 

And I am being attacked solely because I would like a few very valid and germane questions asked. The questions are:

• Where does scripture state Abraham is no longer a patriarch?
  • Where does scripture state, "It is finished" is about Abraham's status as patriarch?
  • Where does scripture state Abraham was "he will have only one nation out of him"? 
  • Where does scripture state the nation(s) of which Abraham was patriarch and the nation(s) of which Jesus is patriarch cannot exist at the same time?

I have not asserted any doctrine but here I am being accused of defending a doctrine.

Perhaps you have something to say to which I should give some consideration and it is just being poorly articulated. I don't know your mind but I do know what I read and some of the statements made in these posts contradict what scripture clearly and plainly states. So I have 1) pointed that out to you and the readers and 2) asked you where you're getting these ideas, first in scripture and then second in whatever external sources that may have been used. I love source material. I read Calvin and Arminius. I don't read about them; I read their words written by them. You tell me you got this from Timothy Rogers, Donald Cheddle, John Harden Allen there's a good chance I'm gonna check that guy out.

But I would prefer to start with scripture

So I have asked, I have now asked repeatedly where I might find these claims stated in scripture and so far there's no answer and I'm being made the bad guy. How about you not do that? 

• Where does scripture state, "It is finished" is about Abraham's status as patriarch?
  • Where does scripture state Abraham was "he will have only one nation out of him"? 
  • Where does scripture state the nation(s) of which Abraham was patriarch and the nation(s) of which Jesus is patriarch cannot exist at the same time?

Just answer the questions asked because I can wholeheartedly agree with you on what scripture teaches and we can then build from consensus. But if there's no scripture for these things then just say so and I will know exactly what to do. 

I welcome your post because is inquiring into someone else posting...

My posting is not copying someone else work and for that reason I cannot give you names as you asked....

My posting is base on the totality of what is in the bible, in the totality of scriptures not picks hear and there...

The posting is base in the substance, and context and because context can be manipulated in tested context...

It wan't be easy to guess the end from the beginning, because I will let the substance speaks for it self...

Because you have knowledge of scriptures...I will make reference to what is in the scriptures without specific reference of chapter and verse and posting the verses itself...and that to if it is necessary...

And if you think the scriptures are misquoted you may bring it up, just to speed up things...

3 hours ago, Josheb said:

I did. You are not speeding things up. 

Don't know how it could be any simpler. Don't know why you're not "speeding up things" with answers to the questions asked.

You have to wait. 

You have questions about Abraham. 

The essence is that the Mighty God did something that seperated Abraham from the rest of the world...he imputed righteousness to him when that happened Abraham was in righteousness on his own but Abraham from there on he had the imputed righteousness and the security that he won't fall out of this righteousness. 

That arrangement it was good for both God and Abraham...for God because he won't be without children again...

It's easily understood that God had no children to be their God...Abraham was the first one and Isaac was the second...

Abraham had Ismael when he was in righteousness...

And after Sarah's death he had twelve Sons from other wives...

God promised to Abraham that he will bless all of them and kings and Kingdoms will come out of them also not only from them but also from Esau. 

But only from Isaac to Jacob rest the special blessing for God to have a people for himself and be their God only and not the God of the other children of Abraham...

God at the beginning he seperated Abraham from the rest of the world and later he separated the isaac and Jacob and all of the house of Jacob from the other seed of Abraham to be a God only to them...

Till the time Jesus Christ died on the Cross and God reconciled the world unto himself...

Everyone was reconciled through Jesus Christ.   

No one out of Jesus Christ belongs to the Nation of God.

There is only one Nation for God the Nation of Jesus Christ...

Abraham joined the Nation of Jesus Christ...right after the Cross...

Abraham and his descendants after him the Israelites and those adapted by them who were gathered to him in the death in the Bosom of Abraham not a Heavenly and not an earthly place but the place Jesus Christ descended first at the time of his death...

God refused to be a God to the rest of the world and he did that by cleansing only Abraham and his descendants from Sarah minus Esau. 

But in Jacob he included all Jacobs children even his children from his wives maids...(in Abraham he excluded Hagar and Ismael and his other children from Ketura and the cocubines . 

Jacob and all his house who was name Israel... 

When God is renaming someone he is starting something new. 

First Abram to Abraham and then Jacob to Israel.

Abraham had many other children and God had promised him that he will bless them and princes and Kings will come out of them but they are not included in the blessing that run through Isaac to Jacob...

God promised to Abraham that his descendants won't disappear and many Kings will come from him...

God promised him that the Captivity in Egypt will be temporarily...

And that the exclusion of his other children from being part of the Nation of God is also temporary till the time of Jesus Christ...when God will reconcile the world to himself in Jesus Christ death on the Cross. 

*Genesis 15:5,6

Abraham being childless when he believed that God who said to him that he will make him a Nation it was counted to him for righteousness...

With this statement God guaranteed Abraham's and his children's safety.  They won't be attract and be killed by the people around him...Abraham was very rich...to take his wealth...

And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

* Genesis 15:15 

God is telling Abraham not to expect to go to him at the time of his death. 

*Gen 16:10 

God promised that Ismael the seed of Abraham will be a great Nation...

10 And the angel of the Lord said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.

11 And the angel of the Lord said unto her, Behold, thou art with child and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the Lord hath heard thy affliction.

* Gen 4,5,6. Name change...from Abram to Abraham...the Father not only one but many Nations.. 

God is telling with statemen that Abraham will have more children not just Ismael..a nation from each and every other child...only Ismael at that time with the name change.

17:

As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee. 

(to be continue). 

18 minutes ago, Josheb said:

No, I have questions about your post and I am not getting any answers. I am getting digressions and diversions and ad hominems and now straw men: my question(s) is not about Abraham; it is about a specific claim you made in your post. 

Where does scripture state Abraham is not longer a patriarch? 
Where does scripture state Abraham is the father of only one nation? 
Where does scripture state the patriarchal role Abraham has and the one Jesus has cannot exist?

I've already posted the scriptures that speak the answers to those questions. What I do not have is the scriptures that state your claims.  

And as I read through this post I see there are many, many claims being made without scriptural support. 

Abraham a clean seed set apart with imputed righteousness from God had many children and God blessed all his children to make them into Nations.

But God only bless Isaac with the blessing to make out of him through Jacob a Nation for himself....

He excluded the other Nations from the other children of Abraham...

Repeat: 

Abraham was the Father of many nations from all his children...

But only one Nation out of Isaac and Jacob the Israelites was the Nation of God.   

Abraham he also had a nation out of Esau. 

But the Covenant God made with Abraham to be a God only to him and to his descendants after him it apply only to the Israelites.. 

Is this to difficult for you? 

So we can go to the next...

I posted the scriptures in case you read books and not Genesis 15:5,6,15

Gen 16:10

Gen 17:7,8 and 17:10,and 17:16,and 17:19-21

Gen 25:1-4,and 25:6,and

Gen 25:8

Edited by Your closest friendnt

26 minutes ago, Josheb said:

No, I have questions about your post and I am not getting any answers. I am getting digressions and diversions and ad hominems and now straw men: my question(s) is not about Abraham; it is about a specific claim you made in your post. 

Where does scripture state Abraham is not longer a patriarch? 
Where does scripture state Abraham is the father of only one nation? 
Where does scripture state the patriarchal role Abraham has and the one Jesus has cannot exist?

I've already posted the scriptures that speak the answers to those questions. What I do not have is the scriptures that state your claims.  

And as I read through this post I see there are many, many claims being made without scriptural support. 

Do you believe that Abraham is still a Patriarch to Ismael and to the children of Ketura and to the children of his cocubines and to Esau and to his children....Abraham he was and he will always be their blood Patriarch (big deal) but he is not their Patriarch of the special blessing that God put only upon Abraham and only Isaac and Jacob and his house...

Don't you know that God said to Moses that I am the God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob. I am the God of the living and not the dead...

Why would God say that only this nation is alive to him and not the other nations out of the seed of Abraham...

13 minutes ago, Josheb said:

:off-topic:

Please do not answer with questions. Please do not try the fallacy of shifting the burden to me. Both are bad form and do not answer my questions. 

I've spent enough time on this only to see the plain fact you're either not interested in answering my queries or don't know they answers. I will leave you to assert your position as you see fit. See you in the next op. 

Do you know where Abraham went after his death and his descendants Isaac, Jacob and his house.  

That's where Abraham gathered his children including David, John the Baptist and that's where Lazarus went when he died and raised from the dead...

If Abraham is still there then he did not Follow Jesus Christ after Jesus Christ death on the Cross to have Jesus Christ as his Patriarch of Life..

Abraham needed to have Jesus Christ. 

Abraham and his Nation needed to be Saved.  To be born from above. 

That's what Jesus Christ said to Nicodemus...

You must be born from Abraham unto Jesus Christ, and that can only happen after Jesus Christ death on the Cross. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

27 minutes ago, Josheb said:

I completely agree. Abraham was separated by God and righteousness was commuted to him because he believed the gospel and looked forward to the day when the son of God would be revealed (Rom. 4; Gal. 3:8; Heb. 11).

Where does scripture state that?

My Bible says people began to call upon the Lord with Seth and Enoch was lived such that he did not see death. Noah was separated with his progeny. 

Where does scripture state Abraham was the first child of God who had children?

Abraham committed adultery to have Ishmael. How then could he be "in righteousness" while committing adultery?

After Sarah, Abraham married Keturah, with whom he had six sons. That makes eight, nor twelve, in total.

Where does scripture state Abraham had twelve sons from other wives after Sarah's death?

I completely agree. 

I suspect Naaman would disagree.

Yep. 

Are you an adherent of Anglo-Israelism? How about the teachings of John Harden Allen or "Judah's Sceptre"? 

Please and I do not need to say please, do not associate me with those people or anyone else. 

Do not take the liberty to do that on your own...

On the other hand if you had this lingering in your mind.  And you had to ask so be it.  

I never heard of those people and I am not interested to read their bibles...

So you know I don't read any ones books...not interested...

Your only for discussion...

To an outsider you look very unsure like a leaf shaking in the wind....you do not acknowledge what the other party says...

Maybe you have never stand in a court before a judge or a jury...

Abraham never had a Heavenly Inheritance...

Among others is also David who has made that clear...and he was quoted by Peter.

Who said David Abrahamic Inheritance was in Sheol...

That's where Abraham's Inheritance was after death, that's where he gathered his children ...

If Abraham is still a Patriarch with the spiritual Inheritance he had before Jesus Christ then he is still in Sheol...

And this is not truth....

Abraham and his children welcome Jesus Christ when he went to them right after the Cross...their deliverer from the Abrahamic Inheritance to Jesus Christ Inheritance the Heavenly one.