• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, WordSword said:

My meaning isn't that He desires different levels of understanding to any. It's that whatever level of understanding at which we have presently or later, requires Him giving the understanding,

I believe this is correct, and I can understand and agree with this. 

and why receiving this understanding varies between believers is according to what He already knows and purposes.

But this, I think I understand what you are saying here, but I’m not positive??

But to help me understand, may I ask a question?

What is it that God knows about one believer over another that would cause God to give more understanding to one over the other? 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  163
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,152
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Not me said:

What is it that God knows about one believer over another that would cause God to give more understanding to one over the other? 

The reason for that may be a truth that is "pass finding out" (Rom 11:33).

• Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

5 minutes ago, WordSword said:

Just curious. Are you of a Calvinist pre-destination leaning? 

Thanks,

Gids

1 hour ago, WordSword said:

Ok, as long as this answer maintains your peace with Christ in your innermost being. For it is a heart that is at peace with God that He can use and cause to grow. Blessing to you. Looking forward to your next thread. Keep pressing in. 

Edited by Not me

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Just curious. Are you of a Calvinist pre-destination leaning? 

Thanks,

Gids

I relate predestiantion (Rom 8:9) to God's omniscience, e.g. the fact that God foreknows what all are going to choose in this life, and He's known it "from  everlasting." For example, when God is forming us ("fitting") in the womb He knows if we are not going to desire to choose Him, thus He knows He's making a "vessel of wrath fit for destruction." To me it's all about the issue of choosing, i.e. He knew what Adam and Eve would choose, another example is Deu 30:19, etc.

55 minutes ago, WordSword said:

I relate predestiantion (Rom 8:9) to God's omniscience, e.g. the fact that God foreknows what all are going to choose in this life, and He's known it "from  everlasting." For example, when God is forming us ("fitting") in the womb He knows if we are not going to desire to choose Him, thus He knows He's making a "vessel of wrath fit for destruction." To me it's all about the issue of choosing, i.e. He knew what Adam and Eve would choose, another example is Deu 30:19, etc.

Hope you don’t mind me cutting in,  but I like this. :) 

This is good, I think your right on about the “choosing.” For as you stated,  scripture says,  God calls both heaven and earth to testify against the person  that says, He has not put before man “life or death.” Meaning that the “choice” is man’s. 

Deuteronomy 30:19 (NASB)
"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

Edited by Not me

2 minutes ago, Not me said:

Hope you don’t mind me cutting in,  but I like this. :) 

This is good, I think your right on about the choosing. For scripture says,  God calls both heaven and earth to testify against the person  that says He has not put before man life or death. Meaning that the “choice” is man’s. 

Deuteronomy 30:19 (NASB)
"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

I need to think on this. LOL. If a man’s man can be blotted out of the book of life, that means it was once written in. Right? Does God simply know that in the end, even though his name was once written into the book, that ultimately, it would be removed? 

OR, just had a thought. What if the name of everyone was written in the book, since He died for all, not some, and those that are the elect are the once’s whose names endure, since they endure to the end, and God knew that? Interesting thought. 

Thanks for your explanation. 

Blessings, Gideon

10 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I need to think on this. LOL. If a man’s man can be blotted out of the book of life, that means it was once written in. Right? Does God simply know that in the end, even though his name was once written into the book, that ultimately, it would be removed? 

OR, just had a thought. What if the name of everyone was written in the book, since He died for all, not some, and those that are the elect are the once’s whose names endure, since they endure to the end, and God knew that? Interesting thought. 

Blessings, Gideon

I’ve heard that explanation about the “blotting out” before. It a curious one and a possibility. But my question is;

What makes the elect the elect? 

Could it be, that they are in possession of that which was elected to eternal life from before the foundation of the world. Which would be “Christ in us” or the “New Creation”? Just like the old creation was chosen for destruction? 

(My thoughts and questions) 

much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

37 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Blessings, Gideon

The Book of Life is the list of all who God knows will be saved, which of course cannot be altered. Thus it is a hyperbolic expression of "it's not as though I would ever blot out your name from the Book," because He knows He will never need to.

58 minutes ago, WordSword said:

The Book of Life is the list of all who God knows will be saved, which of course cannot be altered. Thus it is a hyperbolic expression of "it's not as though I would ever blot out your name from the Book," because He knows He will never need to.

That seems to be making assumptions that do not seem to fit the narrative. Here is the scripture written to the church at Sardis.

”He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.”

Revelation 3:5 

This follows an exhortation immediately preceding that tells us this:

”Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.”

Revelation 3:4 

The words are not words given to comfort but to warn us with great soberness of danger and warning. There is a pressing need for our overcoming, because  names can indeed be blotted out. What purpose would there be in even mentioning such an occuramce if our God was trying to press home the point that all is well no matter what, or how we walk out our walks? 

For that matter, why would God give us the plethora of warnings in scripture exhorting us, and indeed, warning us, to make our calling and election sure, or that enduring to the end is the real acid test of our election? Now some men hear this and see legalism here, but that is the furthest thing from the truth. He is not telling us to work. He is telling us that we stand by faith and sata’s  goal is to rip faith out of our hearts, or better yet, to replace with head knowledge. 

We were saved by faith that came from repentance, and hunger for God. We stand by that same faith, with that same mindset. He dwells in us by faith, we overcome the world, the flesh and the devil by faith. Even our obedience is ‘the obedience of faith’. 

I remember one of my former pastors, when asked if he believed in the security of the believer. ‘Absolutely!” He replied. Just stay a believer.” My feeling is that our call is to stay close to Jesus, and set our eyes upon Him as our treasure. Once we get into trying to understand election, predestination and the like, it is not that these truths are bad, but there can be a danger here.

As long as our old nature still lives, and we have not cast ALL of our cares upon Him and let Him be our very life as our new nature, our carnal minds like to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and we can so ever so subtly be swayed from our steadfastness to look into things that, at best, we can only grasp in part. 

Just my thoughts on the matter. Be blessed. 

Gideon