• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  163
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,152
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Gideon said:

That seems to be making assumptions that do not seem to fit the narrative. Here is the scripture written to the church at Sardis.

”He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.” Revelation 3:5 

Some believe this teaches it's possible to loose your salvation, by the phrase "blot out." Since I do not believe this possible I've come to understand that warnings and admonishments are made to identify unbelief, which will exist among those in churches but who are professors only and not reborn. Nor have I encountered a Bible commentary that teaches you can loose your salvation. We can also notice there is an absence in Scripture demonstrating an account of one being blotted out from the Book.

11 hours ago, Gideon said:

As long as our old nature still lives, and we have not cast ALL of our cares upon Him and let Him be our very life as our new nature, our carnal minds like to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and we can so ever so subtly be swayed from our steadfastness to look into things that, at best, we can only grasp in part. 

One thing is certain, a believer can never again be controlled by the indwelling sin nature, thus if one who professes faith but does not possess it, this will manifest itself: i.e. "Your sin shall find you out" (Num 32:23).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/23/2018 at 9:49 AM, WordSword said:

One thing is certain, a believer can never again be controlled by the indwelling sin nature, thus if one who professes faith but does not possess it, this will manifest itself: i.e. "Your sin shall find you out" (Num 32:23).

No one of the disciples of Jesus CHRIST, not even Paul had ever sugested anything like that, there is not any scriptures that support this kind of thinking, 

Paul repeatedly talks about the strugles of the believer, about the war within and the temptations, the ongoing temptations. 

We are bought by the blood of Jesus CHRIST, our redeemer, 

We di not to prove that we are worthy to be redeamed, 

Even thought he wants the believer to pursue a worthy lifestyle, but this not a requirment because there not requirments that need to be met when Jesus before even we confess our faith in him, he has declare the believer righteous by knowing that he has believe in his heart.   

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/23/2018 at 9:49 AM, WordSword said:

This I have a problem with. What you are espousing, if I am understanding you correctly, is sinless perfectionism. If I am incorrect in this assumption, forgive me. 

When a child of God has their eyes opened to the truth of their new nature, they put it on by faith. But at the beginning of their wonderful new journey, their faith is small. In front of everyone who takes the step across Jordan to leave the wilderness of self effort behind forever, lies what the Bible calls “the good fight of faith” and here, def3ts can occur. This is why John tells us “if” we sin.... but not “when”. Sin to the new natures child of God can indeed occur, but it is not inevitable. Why? Faith works! 

Consider the Israelites when they entered the promised land, which God had told them was already theirs. Mighty Jericho fell before them, and they were sure defeat was simply impossible. Little Ai was next and they learned very quickly that defeat indeed was still possible if they were not found leaning on God for the victory, no matter if the foe was big or small. We never “arrive”. He keeps as we trust Him to do so. 

Our good fight of faith will indeed lead us eventually into our being established in the faith and here, our shield of faith is virtually impenetrable, for our wavering has become non-existent. Here, although sin is technically possible, it simply does not happen because the promises of God keep that one from falling. But until that point is reached, sin can still occur. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

10 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

No one of the disciples of Jesus CHRIST, not even Paul had ever sugested anything like that, there is not any scriptures that support this kind of thinking

I need to know what you mean by "this kind of thinking," because there's a few subjects being addressed. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Gideon said:

This I have a problem with. What you are espousing, if I am understanding you correctly, is sinless perfectionism. If I am incorrect in this assumption, forgive me. 

Nothing to forgive because I know your intent is to never knowingly offend, and no, being sinless is not my meaning here, though I can see from my wording how that could appear so.

My understanding of being free from the "reign" and "dominion" of sin (Rom 6:12, 14) is not living without sinning, but rather living without desiring to sin! As I assume you know, believers cannot live without sinning, and in my opinion the issue is not in sinning but in the sin nature, because even if one could live without sinning there would yet remain guilt, because guilt is incurred from the sin nature, and the sinning merely manifests the sin nature.

So, because of the Father's "work" (Phil 2:13) within the believer, there is no longer a desire for sin. For whatever good reason, God has allowed the sin nature to coexist with the new nature, and we cannot avoid sinning due to this truth. Personally I think He left it in us for the same reason being in us originally, to manifest His holiness via contrast and to realize the need for Him. I believe God knew He would be contrasting good and evil so we would know what obedience is, which equates to love.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, WordSword said:

I need to know what you mean by "this kind of thinking," because there's a few subjects being addressed. Thanks!

Hello brother WS, 

You right about your responce, when comes to the Gospel of Jesus there are many issues address at the same time, even when we make a simple statements. 

To beggin with when I fisrt read your OP I was perplex, not realy confused, but taken by surprise. 

Later I read some of your responses with referenced to some scriptures and I realized that you are in disagreement with the author of thst essay, but at the same time, I see that you do not want to depart and keep your distance from him, in this most fundamental issue. 

I have issolated one of the issues , which is a guiding light every time we speak about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

And this is that the Christian faith has a Redeemer, and the Redeemer has make sure that he gives his imputed righteousness to those who believe in him, he gives them something to identify with him. 

So as believers we have the imputed righteousness of JESUS CHRIST,

in the world of all religions, philosophies and various  faiths, and in all other  Gods and religions, is known that the followers of theese other religions have in place rituals to be performed on the subject individual before he is accepted in to the fold of their God. 

The Old Covenant had similar rituals, but also had the element of eligibility. 

Simple it was not open to everyone , or not everyone was eligible to joint, only the seed of Abraham, to Issac and to Jacob, and to all seed of Jacob. 

Jesus CHRIST welcomes everyone who believes in him into his fold, without any rituals, and only on the principal of believing in him. 

Jesus has done all the necessary requirements and preparations and there is not need for any confessions and or rituals. 

He has shedd the blood of the ATONEMENT, before everyone has believe in him. 

In all other faiths "confessions", and "rituals ", are required but the "faith", is not reqiured, "to believe is not   of the requirements. 

To be part of their celebrations and abide by their principles is a requirements but often set aside, with reasons. 

In the Gospel of Jesus CHRIST the "faith", to believe in him in the most simple way that he died for our sins, and that faith must be found in the heart of the person, at the very moment when he believes, so everyone is included , even people who cannot speak. 

To God the faith in the heart of people can been seen by him, but is hidden from the people , even the believer most often than you think, and mostly to people who are born in Christian families. 

The Gospel of Jesus is the momment any anyone , no matter his  religious background, or his morral or ethical one, I repeat believes in Jesus in his heart , he is under the blood of Jesus CHRIST. 

God and or Jesus Christ look at him, or her in two ways. 

One through the Blood of Jesus CHRIST and the other they see the real person with all the habits and ways of life and even more the attitude of his mind, his desires those known to him and those waiting to be manifested .

From that time he may commit sins and is expected but the sins are not counded against him as to take him away , or removed him from the his position under the bloodvof Jesus Christ. 

It does have other affects and not right away, because everything depends in many other variance. 

Confessions, are important for the people. around him, to the group he seeks to identify with, and accept their principals and repentance , folloing their their doctrine....

Man cannot see the faith in the heart of man, and if he tries to guess it by he observance, he can be received. 

5 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello brother WS, 

You right about your responce, when comes to the Gospel of Jesus there are many issues address at the same time, even when we make a simple statements. 

To beggin with when I fisrt read your OP I was perplex, not realy confused, but taken by surprise. 

Later I read some of your responses with referenced to some scriptures and I realized that you are in disagreement with the author of thst essay, but at the same time, I see that you do not want to depart and keep your distance from him, in this most fundamental issue. 

I have issolated one of the issues , which is a guiding light every time we speak about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

And this is that the Christian faith has a Redeemer, and the Redeemer has make sure that he gives his imputed righteousness to those who believe in him, he gives them something to identify with him. 

So as believers we have the imputed righteousness of JESUS CHRIST,

in the world of all religions, philosophies and various  faiths, and in all other  Gods and religions, is known that the followers of theese other religions have in place rituals to be performed on the subject individual before he is accepted in to the fold of their God. 

The Old Covenant had similar rituals, but also had the element of eligibility. 

Simple it was not open to everyone , or not everyone was eligible to joint, only the seed of Abraham, to Issac and to Jacob, and to all seed of Jacob. 

Jesus CHRIST welcomes everyone who believes in him into his fold, without any rituals, and only on the principal of believing in him. 

Jesus has done all the necessary requirements and preparations and there is not need for any confessions and or rituals. 

He has shedd the blood of the ATONEMENT, before everyone has believe in him. 

In all other faiths "confessions", and "rituals ", are required but the "faith", is not reqiured, "to believe is not   of the requirements. 

To be part of their celebrations and abide by their principles is a requirements but often set aside, with reasons. 

In the Gospel of Jesus CHRIST the "faith", to believe in him in the most simple way that he died for our sins, and that faith must be found in the heart of the person, at the very moment when he believes, so everyone is included , even people who cannot speak. 

To God the faith in the heart of people can been seen by him, but is hidden from the people , even the believer most often than you think, and mostly to people who are born in Christian families. 

The Gospel of Jesus is the momment any anyone , no matter his  religious background, or his morral or ethical one, I repeat believes in Jesus in his heart , he is under the blood of Jesus CHRIST. 

God and or Jesus Christ look at him, or her in two ways. 

One through the Blood of Jesus CHRIST and the other they see the real person with all the habits and ways of life and even more the attitude of his mind, his desires those known to him and those waiting to be manifested .

From that time he may commit sins and is expected but the sins are not counded against him as to take him away , or removed him from the his position under the bloodvof Jesus Christ. 

It does have other affects and not right away, because everything depends in many other variance. 

Confessions, are important for the people. around him, to the group he seeks to identify with, and accept their principals and repentance , folloing their their doctrine....

Man cannot see the faith in the heart of man, and if he tries to guess it by he observance, he can be received. 

I appreciate you trying to explain your meaning, and it appears I agree with your reply, but it doesn't appear this reply directly addresses what we're discussing. It could be we're thinking about separate issues, but that's okay.

Blessings!

• Thanks 1