• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Here's what it boils down to:

If you look at this thread and the "IF" thread and the current day confusion over the TRUE Christians, and the obvious lack of fruit in this nation.  Here's the formula for confusion. 

Take all the children, who pray a prayer, with NO UNDERSTANDING of repentance, and then ADD  the OSAS doctrine, SUBTRACT  the whole counsel/doctrine being preached, i.e., repentance, judgment, redemption from sin lifestyles, etc., and you end up with an adult who is thoroughly confused about his standing before Christ.  Because he/she has been told that they're saved no matter what, even though they have never come to the point of repentance and acknowledgment of their sinful state, and are STILL  living under the bondage of lifestyles of sin.  THAT  is why nothing is adding up these days, for a nation that claims to be 85% Christian!

We'd better start revisting repentance  and what it REALLY means.

In His Truth,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just hate the confusion that has come out of this. We are witnessing it in current day convenient Christianity. Our kids have grown up to become confused in their sin.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Bro David™

I think the bottom line of your intention was to say that one can indeed loose their salvation if one does not walk in repentance and prayer throughout our lives.

Right sis ?

You were trying to ensure they understood, that it is a continued walk with God that we should have, and that it does not stop with one prayer of salvation.

Bless You Sis.

:whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Is repentance a works salvation? What exactly is repentance anyway?

Salvation is by grace alone, from God, not from us lest we should boast. Repentance is a response to our salvation, not a work that guarantees us entrance to heaven.

Repentance doesn't necessarily mean confessing and crying over our sins. I equate the word "repentance" with the word "turn" in the Old Testament. We are born into a sin nature that keeps us turned away from God and following after Satan. This sin nature causes us to be on a downward path in our life until we hear God's call to "TURN", which means to turn around and follow after God. We were going in the wrong direction and by turning/repenting we begin to walk the path or journey of righteousness. The cross is this turning point, the crucifixion of our sin nature. The call from God was the gift of salvation.

The salvation is accomplished. It's a done deal. It is finished.

The journey then begins. It is wrought with snares and traps that would hinder us from attaining the perfection that is in Christ, BUT I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Children who come to a saving knowledge of Christ at a very young age are especially blessed and are pure joy to be around. They are the best witnesses too. As they grow and mature they will most certainly wrestle with their flesh just like all of us, but that seed of Christ that has been awakened in them will continue to grow and grow, we know not how (Mark 4:27). The Holy Spirit in them will continue to govern them and lead them into all truth, including convicting them of their inherited sin nature and giving them a thirst for righteousness.

Or do you not believe that God can and will take care of His little lambs, o ye of little faith?

Let the children rejoice and sing and be filled with His mighty love. Do not quench the Spirit in them and cause them to doubt their loving Father in heaven because the spirit of fear can never let you rest assured in your own salvation. Suffer not the little children to come unto me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

We are dead in our sins the moment we are conceived. That is what the bible says - that we are conceived and born dead. There is no age that that suddenly happens.

[quote name='Bro David

Guest Bro David™
We are dead in our sins the moment we are conceived. That is what the bible says - that we are conceived and born dead. There is no age that that suddenly happens.

Dear OA,

You might look at Psalm 51

Psalm 51

1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. 4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. 5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. 6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. 9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. 15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. 16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. 18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. 19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Bro David™
Dear OA, 

You might look at Psalm 51

Psalm 51

1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. 4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. 5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. 6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. 9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. 15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. 16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. 18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. 19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree.

Read about Peter and how he after denying Jesus later become the Rock of the Church.

Repentence. :)

Isaiah 7:16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

(The above clearly shows that there is a point of accountability for a child)

In His Love,

Suzanne