ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

This isnt meant for debating or arguing ...

Im just curious. Who is your favorite missionary and why? 

Mine is gladys aylward. Ive been obsessed with china since I was a kid, and I saw a movie based on her life. What she accomplished impressed me. Especially since she was at first rejected. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladys_Aylward

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Wow yes! She wasn't such an amazing lady, the short woman she was known as. My other favourites to China were Hudson Taylor, he started China Inland Mission. The first to send people deeper into China, many people who joined CIM were martyrs. Hudson also a was the first to dress like the locals and have his people do the same they solely lived by faith alone.

James O'Frasier is another one, he was also with CIM. He reached the  Lisu people group in south west of China. He even wrote a written language for the people. The entire people group came to Christ. Still today the Lisu are known as the only Christian minority group in China.

Isabela Khun kind of within the same area as James and the list just goes on...

12 hours ago, Shazzmazz said:

Wow yes! She was such an amazing lady, the short woman she was known as. My other favourites to China were Hudson Taylor, he started China Inland Mission. The first to send people deeper into China, many people who joined CIM were martyrs. Hudson also a was the first to dress like the locals and have his people do the same they solely lived by faith alone.

James O'Frasier is another one, he was also with CIM. He reached the  Lisu people group in south west of China. He even wrote a written language for the people. The entire people group came to Christ. Still today the Lisu are known as the only Christian minority group in China.

Isabela Khun kind of within the same area as James and the list just goes on...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

I was moved by the story of Amy Carmichael, who I first learned of in a movie last year. On Christianity.com is an article titled "Amy Carmichael helped the helpless." She was an Irish missionary to India's poor orphan children. She rescued a girl from the pagan temple priests. What struck me about her was how she spent over 50 years there without returning to her homeland. She had a heart for God and for the suffering children. She had such a  singlemindedness and wholehearted submission to the Lord. There was a sweetness that eminated from her. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Shazzmazz,  I thought I would share this with you: Amy Carmichael  was influenced to become a missionary after hearing Hudson Taylor speak about the need for missionaries in China. She applied to be a missionary with the China Inland Mission but was eventually turned away because of her poor health.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Shazzmazz,  I thought I would share this with you: Amy Carmichael  was influenced to become a missionary after hearing Hudson Taylor speak about the need for missionaries in China. She applied to be a missionary with the China Inland Mission but was eventually turned away because of her poor health.

14 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Thanks turtletwo, yes Amy was also a mighty woman love her story and the work she did in India. 

William Carey also did amazing work in India.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, I do not have a favorite missionary. I am always in awe when any missionary returns from the missions field so to speak, and shares of what has been encountered at various places around this earth. I am as enthused about a person that joins a one week work mission as I am  the twenty plus years of one couple at France bringing the gospel there.

I found that for myself it is not a great thing for me to get too ( to excess) dependent upon following the words nor the works of others, for they too have flaws, and they too have their falls. I would rather be with the group that sweats out taking care of the local church grounds and share in their lives and what they are doing at rest homes, bowling alleys, wherever, each sharing the word and helping  other saints. I guess they are all my human heros for they work  quietly,with not even the left hand knowing  what the right is doing.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

Elisabeth Elliot. She's also my favorite Christian non-fiction author. 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Nate Saint. Liked the fact that he wasnt a traditional missionary, but rather someone who used his skills as a pilot to further Gods work, as well as his willingness to put himself in danger and to try out of the box solutions.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, TheAimes said:

Elisabeth Elliot. She's also my favorite Christian non-fiction author. 

Aimes is that you??????