IGNORED

How do you feel encouraged in times of discouragement?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:52 AM, ambc said:

We all go through difficult times in life where we get bad breaks or experience problems in general. Maybe we lost our job, failed a relationship, or experienced some other challenge. It’s easy to feel discouraged when the going gets tough.

As for myself, I’ve been feeling discouraged for quite some time now. I’m approaching age 30, and I haven’t accomplished much in life. Many of my friends from high school are married, have children, and own a house. I still haven’t done much of anything. For this reason, the discouraged feelings I endure are overwhelming.

I know in my heart of hearts that God has plans for me. After all, it’s written in the Bible that our heavenly father has a plan for everyone (Jeremiah 29:11). But still, it seems like I’m going nowhere. I feel like a lost cause.

How do you feel encouraged in times of discouragement? I ask this question seeking advice from fellow Christians. Hopefully, I can gain some insight or wisdom and successfully deal with my issue.

Hi ambc,

You have been given very good advice by others here. We do appreciate your difficulty for it is what we all go through at times, especially when comparing with others. This can only lead to more discouragement as we live in a fallen world and things are not fair, not equal for everyone. Jesus came to restore all things and when this fallen world is folded up then the Lord will make a `fair, harmonious` world where we will be able to share our gifts of Him for all to benefit.

So....still in this world I believe you need to read Jer. 29:11 more closely as it is God promising His people of Israel that he would bring them back from captivity. Yes, I know that preachers love to use that scripture to say that God has this and that and all the rest for us, like some great plan here on earth. However I can tell you that if you look at Romans 8: 29 you will see God`s purpose for all of us in the Body of Christ - TO BE LIKE CHRIST. And that dear bro, will take trials, tribulations, working through dying to self.....

The enemy would hold the carrot of the great plans of here and now, BUT God is about making us like Christ for eternity. Be encouraged for you are in God`s school of the Spirit, who strengthens us through all our disappointments, and difficulties.

Don`t measure your heart`s desires by the world`s standards, which are rapidly passing, but look to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. Run you race, as it has eternal consequences. You are not a slug in life`s cess pool, but a part of the very Body of our Lord, the Supreme Lord over all. Keep thinking and reading about HIM and your heart will become enlarged and you will find yourself rejoicing that you, yes `little everyday you` (& me & us) are destined for the very throne with the saviour.

God bless, Marilyn.