SavedOnebyGrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  13.40
  • Days Won:  0

This question cropped up recently in my study.  It surprised me so many forums argue about the true nature of Satan.  From Got Questions:

Question: "Was Satan an angel?"

Answer: The Bible nowhere explicitly describes Satan as an angel before he rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven. Assuming Ezekiel 28:12–18 is symbolic of Satan’s fall, Satan is described as a “guardian cherub.” Cherubs are angelic creatures, possibly the highest order of angels. So, in that sense, yes, Satan was an angel.

Job 1:6–7 describes Satan appearing before God with the other “sons of God,” very likely a reference to the angels. Matthew 25:41 mentions “the devil and his angels.” Revelation 12:7, describing the end-times war in heaven, says, “Michael [the archangel] and his angels fought against the dragon [Satan] and his angels.” Whether or not Satan is technically an angel is beside the point. Satan is an angelic-type creature with a close connection to the angels.

Why would Satan, an angel, rebel against God? According to Isaiah 14:12–14 (another symbolic description), Satan rebelled against God because of pride. Satan did not want to be the most beautiful or most powerful angel. Satan wanted to be God. Satan did not want to worship God. Satan wanted to be worshipped. So, Satan rebelled and became the fallen angel we now know as the devil. His fate will be eternity in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10).

On another site they said Angels don't have wings, only Satan does because he was a Cherub.  Seems like there are a lot differences amongst the Heavenly Host.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.27
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

And this is WHY JESUS TOLD his desciples when they came back GLORYING in the POWER ,   

BEWARE I seen satan as lightning fall from heaven .   REJIOCE NOT in that you have power over serpents ,   YOU REJOICE soley because your names are wrote above .

SATAN \was filled full of wisdom , beauty and power ,   OH but it went right to his head ,  and his desire became to BE as GOD .

Scary thing is ,  I see this nature in lots of church folks .   HEY TOUCH NOT GODS ANNOITED , DONT TEST ME ,   or selling healings for MONEY

and they walk around LIKE THEY the POWER o GOD .      Brasen workers of darkness is what they are , filled so full of their own self , they could taste they own feet , IF that were possible .

Satan was once an angel , oh but how pride destroyed him .   

• Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

Yes Satan is an angel: 

11 Then this further message came to me from the Lord: 12 “Son of man, sing this funeral song for the king of Tyre. Give him this message from the Sovereign Lord:

“You were the model of perfection,
    full of wisdom and exquisite in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, (Genesis 3)
    the garden of God.
Your clothing was adorned with every precious stone[b]
    red carnelian, pale-green peridot, white moonstone,
    blue-green beryl, onyx, green jasper,
    blue lapis lazuli, turquoise, and emerald—
all beautifully crafted for you
    and set in the finest gold.
They were given to you
    on the day you were created.
14 I ordained and anointed you
    as the mighty angelic guardian (Cherub that Coverath)
You had access to the holy mountain of God
    and walked among the stones of fire.

15 “You were blameless in all you did
    from the day you were created
    until the day evil was found in you.
16 Your rich commerce led you to violence,
    and you sinned.
So I banished you in disgrace
    from the mountain of God.
I expelled you, O mighty guardian,
    from your place among the stones of fire.
17 Your heart was filled with pride
    because of all your beauty.
Your wisdom was corrupted
    by your love of splendor.
So I threw you to the ground
    and exposed you to the curious gaze of kings.
18 You defiled your sanctuaries
    with your many sins and your dishonest trade.
So I brought fire out from within you,
    and it consumed you.
I reduced you to ashes on the ground
    in the sight of all who were watching.
19 All who knew you are appalled at your fate.
    You have come to a terrible end,
    and you will exist no more (Revelation 20:10).” (Ezekiel 28:11-19)

It says the Son of Man judged, that is Jesus who is Son of Man (Matthew 16:13-25, Matthew 9:6, Mark 8:31, Luke 9:22 , Acts 7:56) and it says the being was the Angelic Guardian (Ezekiel 28:14), it says He was in Eden (Ezekiel 28:13) and so was Satan (Genesis 3:1-21), it says He was caste down (Ezekiel 28:17) which cross ref:18 He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.” (Luke 10:18). It even speaks of Satan’s final fate (Ezekiel 28:19): “Satan was caste into the lake of fire where the beast and the false prophet where and there he is tormented forever,” (Revelation 20:10) and this lake of fire is the second death (Revelation 20:15) and was made for Satan and his angels, “Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, ‘Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons.” (Matthew 25:41).

Satan or Lucifer or the devil was the Cherub (highest part of Cherubim, Ezekiel 10:9-16) who Coverath God (Ezekiel 28:14) and He led a war in heaven and fell: 

Then there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and his angels. And the dragon lost the battle, and he and his angels were forced out of heaven. This great dragon—the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world—was thrown down to the earth with all his angels.” (Revelation 12:7-9, cross ref Ezekiel 28:17 and Luke 10:18). 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

This question cropped up recently in my study.  It surprised me so many forums argue about the true nature of Satan.  From Got Questions:

On another site they said Angels don't have wings, only Satan does because he was a Cherub.  Seems like there are a lot differences amongst the Heavenly Host.

I do think you are right.    Satan was created a reallly fantastic being. Those who worship and follow him him think he still is...

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

All kinds of angels have wings as seen in Scripture: 

Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.” (Isaiah 6:2, Holy Bible)

”And the four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around and within; and day and night they do not cease to say, "HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is THE LORD GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS AND WHO IS AND WHO IS TO COME." (Revelation 4:8) 

“Then the cherubim lifted up their wings with the wheels beside them, and the glory of the God of Israel hovered over them. The glory of the LORD went up from the midst of the city and stood over the mountain which is east of the city.” (Ezekiel 11:22-33) 

“Then I looked, and behold, four wheels beside the cherubim, one wheel beside each cherub; and the appearance of the wheels was like the gleam of a Tarshish stone. As for their appearance, all four of them had the same likeness, as if one wheel were within another wheel. When they moved, they went in any of their four directions without turning as they went; but they followed in the direction which they faced, without turning as they went.  Their whole body, their backs, their hands, their wings and the wheels were full of eyes all around, the wheels belonging to all four of them. The wheels were called in my hearing, the whirling wheels. And each one had four faces. The first face was the face of a cherub, the second face was the face of a man, the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle. Then the cherubim rose up. They are the living beings that I saw by the river Chebar. Now when the cherubim moved, the wheels would go beside them; also when the cherubim lifted up their wings to rise from the ground, the wheels would not turn from beside them.” (Ezekiel 10:9-16)

“"And He rode on a cherub and flew; And He appeared on the wings of the wind.” (2 Samuel 22:11)

Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth--to every nation, tribe, language and people..” (Revelation 14:6) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Always give care to strangers for they may be angels.   They can look just like us.

1 hour ago, other one said:

Always give care to strangers for they may be angels.   They can look just like us.

That is true when they take on human form. Though there are ones who have wings as stated in my post above. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

satan was a cherub angel.. Meaning an angel with some beast physical qualities.. satan had wings and was part of the throne of God. His wings formed a covering over the top of the throne.. 

1 hour ago, Adstar said:

satan was a cherub angel.. Meaning an angel with some beast physical qualities.. satan had wings and was part of the throne of God. His wings formed a covering over the top of the throne.. 

That is true, He was the Cherub that Coverath (Ezekiel 28:14 KJV). 

Not those cute Victorian Cherub angel babies (Cupid), no, He was one of those with a lion’s head, eagle head, man’s head and of head (Ezekiel 10:9-16). 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.53
  • Days Won:  106

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Yeah trickster dark angel.