IGNORED

Really confused about a particular life decision!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

Proverbs 21:2 every way of man seems right to him in his own eyes but it is the Lord who examines the heart.

The above is a golden nugget. Keep that nugget in your pocket.

It is not a rebuke as you are trying to find your way. This Proverb will also help you in life in many other ways. That is serious Brother.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

The vast majority of believers work at a secular job. But you can look to God's view on that; Be in the world (ruled by satan), but not of the world (ruled by Christ). I will simply share, do not put yourself into a position that your livelihood ultimately forces compromise. A very good friend surrendered to the ministry thirty plus years ago, and is involved deeply into the secular problems affecting the lost/saved. His ministry is totally by faith. He does many services, counseling , fill in pastorate, missionary travels, police chaplain, etc. Hi request no pay in all services, so to be in total control of what/who he preaches/counsels. He is faithful to the Lord in his actions. God is faithful in supplying all his needs. If you can honestly believe/know you have the wisdom, spiritual character, courage, to enter into a hostile to the truth environment, for life, nobody will influence you very much. The fact you are asking, which is wise, indicates much prayer is needed. Your talents in music can be used for your livelihood, and honor God. Maybe not so worldly lucrative. But then, it is God who gives the increase.
The best blessings are not monetary. (I know because) I'm the richest man I know.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

A very good friend surrendered to the ministry thirty plus years ago, and is involved deeply into the secular problems affecting the lost/saved. His ministry is totally by faith.

Actually yes but before your heart justifies (my heart gets me too btw) the secular route because you want that route and do not need it, remember that this Christian is probably a very mature Christian with a lot of faith and had probably been in the non-secular world for years beforehand anyway.

Example: Lecrae who is a successful professional Christian rapper has been in the non-secular for a long time and then worked with Jay Z (secular) but even then with his maturity in Christ, he thought twice about it and may have been wrong also.

Maturity in a Christian can be seen as a factual heart knowledge of the gospel and enjoying loving people with a servant heart as you know well that you are loved by Jesus -that can take years.

10 year for me to get that and I consider myself mature. Even then I was completely wrong when I thought that I could swear in a part of the non-secular world in order to reach them too btw.

I am trying to look after you Brother and make sure that Jesus gets the praise, not the enemy.

Shalom ?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:31 PM, joshhmusic said:

Hello! Please excuse the long post, hear me out here...

Let me start with a little backstory so you know where I'm coming from. I produce music (honestly blessed with the talent but I try to stay humble about it), DJ, and I enjoy almost anything with business. Last year I made a decision at a church camp to be open to any career choice that God gives me. Ever since that week, I fell in love with music production (particularly producing and performing electronic dance music). I truly, honestly have faith that this is for my future!

Now I am at a huge fork in the road within my path with music. Should I pursue a career in secular music or Christian music? (Please hear me out) I have been putting some serious thinking, praying to God, and reading His word for the past half-year but nothing has come of it. Or I just haven't seen it yet. I don't know.

Concerning a secular music career: I understand that we are called to be separate from the world. But with a secular career, you have a much broader range of people to be your audience. With a much broader range of people following you, you can be a good Christian example in the world to people who are living carnally. A "light in darkness" per se. I believe God has blessed me with the boldness and courage to proclaim to the world that I am not afraid to be a Christian and I am not changing my mind. With a secular music career, you have much more influence over a broader range of people that need it. This is especially the case in the world of live electronic dance music, where a hedonistic lifestyle is extremely prevalent.

Like I said earlier, I have given careful thought to my next steps, I have prayed countless times over it, and I have consulted the Bible countless times over it. No answer has come of it yet. Or I just haven't seen it. A lot of the advice I've received is to "take the leap of faith and just go for it". However, I have done that with the decision to go all out for a career in being a DJ/producer for God's glory. I can't apply that to this fork in the road because I don't know which one to just "go for". I've been seriously, madly confused about this for months and I want to know which way God wants me to go. Any advice at all is so, so much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time, and have a blessed day.

Of the congregation in  almost any  church  it is a safe bet that a  fairly  large percentage of the attendees are not saved . 

People attend church for a variety of other reasons , business , social , family tradition , , , . 

Same goes for the organized Christian Music industry .

And it gets worse .

In the town I live one of the largest churches had a very well respected , very esteemed music director. 

That is how big this church is it could afford it's own full time music director . He had been there for years .

It turned out this music director had been cultivating and sexually assaulting multiple children for quite some time .

He has been in prison now for over a decade and hopefully will die there . 

My point is this , the  " world "  is everywhere  &  you do not have to find yourself an imaginary line of spiritual demarcation to get there . 

Just consider that , and that being said I will pray that the Lord truly Lead your open and accepting  heart in your future .   God Bless+ 

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

59 minutes ago, Sharky and George said:

Maturity in a Christian can be seen as a factual heart knowledge of the gospel and enjoying loving people with a servant heart as you know well that you are loved by Jesus -that can take years.

Point well taken.....