• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

A few commentaries concurr with the saints being in the armies from heaven at Armageddon, which battle ensues after the harpazo. 

From John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

From Matthew Henry's Commentary On The Whole Bible:

From Jamieson Fausset and Brown Commentary

Are  ""Comentators"" Apostles ?

Do these comentators have Gospel accounts named after them ? 

Are they infallable ?

I don't know of a Gospel according to Gill,, or a Letter of the apostle Jamieson..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 minutes ago, Adstar said:

Are they infallable ?

I don't know of a Gospel according to Gill,, or a Letter of the apostle Jamieson..

What about The First book of Opinions? Wouldn't your take be in it?

30 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

What about The First book of Opinions? Wouldn't your take be in it?

I bring forward scriptures from the Bible with my arguments pointing to those scriptures... Could i be wrong? God knows..

But i am not going to quote this pastor or that preacher or some theologians offerings..  The safest source is the affirmed sources direct from the Holy Bible..

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 minutes ago, Adstar said:

I bring forward scriptures from the Bible with my arguments pointing to those scriptures... Could i be wrong? God knows..

But i am not going to quote this pastor or that preacher or some theologians offerings..  The safest source is the affirmed sources direct from the Holy Bible..

So far you've made reference to the harpazo but not the ensuing battle of Armaggedon in which the harpazoed saints accompany Christ after the three unclean frog-like spirits of devils gather the unsaved armies of the world for war under their unrighteous leaders.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, Adstar said:

Only statements no supporting points given at all..

HOW does it ignore John 14

HOW does it conflict with the supposed timing of the rapture in 1 Thess 5

HOW does it ignore where this gathering of the elect is from..

HOW can a parrable be used to state it is a literal happening ""marriage supper""  Taking a parable of a marriahe feast and saying that it is not symbolic of something but literal when Parables ARE Symbolic...

How does it contradict the judgement of the Goat and Sheep

And WHAT support do you have that Saints shall exist in ""natural bodies"" during the Millenium and will take wives and husbands and have children to repopulate??

So many statements you have made without any Biblical support...

Sorry, but I guessed you knew what John 14 was about. Remember Jesus telling the disciples that He was going back to heaven, and there He would build houses, mansions, palaces, places to live in? 

Here is the way some people read it:

2 In my Father's house [in heaven] are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to [heaven to] prepare a place for you [in heaven].

3 And if I go [to heaven] and prepare a place for you [in heaven], I will come again [to the air], and receive you unto myself [in the air]; that where I am [going, on the earth], there [on the earth] ye may be also.

Is this really the intent of the author here? How silly it would be for Jesus to go to heaven to prepare places (abodes, mansions) for us, and then forget them and come to earth.

No, the intent of the author is this:

2 In my Father's house [in heaven] are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to [heaven to] prepare a place for you [in heaven].

3 And if I go [to heaven] and prepare a place for you [in heaven], I will come again [to the air], and receive you unto myself [in the air]; that where I am [going, BACK TO HEAVEN], there [IN HEAVEN] ye may be also.

To prove this, WHERE is Jesus in Revelation chapter 19? First He is IN HEAVEN at the marriage and supper. Then, and ONLY then, does He get on the white horse and return. In Revelation we see that the bride has been in heaven ever since Rev. 6.

It conflicts with Paul's timing of the rapture because Paul is very clear that his rapture comes just before THE DAY begins - which includes His wrath. And we see from Revelation that THE DAY and His wrath begins at the 6th seal.  I believe the earthquake at the 6th seal is Paul's "sudden destruction" and will be caused by the dead in Christ rising. (Matthew 27: "the earth did quake...and the graves were opened."

The gathering in Matthew 24 gathers from HEAVEN and earth while Paul's rapture gathers from earth. 

The marriage and supper are written very plainly in Revelation and not a a parable.

If the rapture was posttrib, then all those who are righteous (sheep) would receive resurrection bodies, so there would be not sheep (righteous humans in normal bodies) for this judgment. 

It is just common knowledge that God will repopulate the earth during the the Millennium.

7 hours ago, Michael37 said:

So far you've made reference to the harpazo but not the ensuing battle of Armaggedon in which the harpazoed saints accompany Christ after the three unclean frog-like spirits of devils gather the unsaved armies of the world for war under their unrighteous leaders.

Agreed, the previously raptured saints will return from the marriage and supper WITH Christ. We will come on white horses.

8 hours ago, Adstar said:

Are they infallable ?

Of course they are not infallible. But they are a good source of what the general consensus of the church was when they wrote.  

I would add, neither are the translators infallible. Not even the KJV translators. However, if we look at many of them, we will have a good idea of the intent of the Author - unless they all miss it.

14 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Sorry, but I guessed you knew what John 14 was about. Remember Jesus telling the disciples that He was going back to heaven, and there He would build houses, mansions, palaces, places to live in? 

Here is the way some people read it:

3 And if I go [to heaven] and prepare a place for you [in heaven], I will come again [to the air], and receive you unto myself [in the air]; that where I am [going, on the earth], there [on the earth] ye may be also.

Is this really the intent of the author here? How silly it would be for Jesus to go to heaven to prepare places (abodes, mansions) for us, and then forget them and come to earth.

No, the intent of the author is this:

3 And if I go [to heaven] and prepare a place for you [in heaven], I will come again [to the air], and receive you unto myself [in the air]; that where I am [going, BACK TO HEAVEN], there [IN HEAVEN] ye may be also.

To prove this, WHERE is Jesus in Revelation chapter 19? First He is IN HEAVEN at the marriage and supper. Then, and ONLY then, does He get on the white horse and return. In Revelation we see that the bride has been in heaven ever since Rev. 6.

It conflicts with Paul's timing of the rapture because Paul is very clear that his rapture comes just before THE DAY begins - which includes His wrath. And we see from Revelation that THE DAY and His wrath begins at the 6th seal.  I believe the earthquake at the 6th seal is Paul's "sudden destruction" and will be caused by the dead in Christ rising. (Matthew 27: "the earth did quake...and the graves were opened."

The gathering in Matthew 24 gathers from HEAVEN and earth while Paul's rapture gathers from earth. 

The marriage and supper are written very plainly in Revelation and not a a parable.

If the rapture was posttrib, then all those who are righteous (sheep) would receive resurrection bodies, so there would be not sheep (righteous humans in normal bodies) for this judgment. 

It is just common knowledge that God will repopulate the earth during the the Millennium.

Yes Jesus was going back to heaven to build places for us to live with him forever.. That place is called the New Jerusalem..  Reading Revelation 21 we see that this place Jesus is preparing in heaven will in the end come out of heaven and down to us...

Revelation 21: KJV

2 "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. {3} And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God."

1 minute ago, R. Hartono said:

New Jerusalem is in the new heaven and earth, after Jesus Millennium is over.

It comes out of heaven and down to us from God....  It is not staying in heaven..

(Revelation 21:10) "And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,"

1 minute ago, R. Hartono said:

Yes but thats after our present earth disappears into space dust with all the bad memory. Not even ashes of dead bodies remain.

Rev 21:1 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away .....

Revelation 21 1 comes before the New Jerusalem comes out of heaven down to us... So the New Jerusalem comes out of the New heaven down to the New earth... 

Why even have a new earth if people are either all living in heaven or burning in the eternal lake of fire??   If no body is going to be living on the new earth why create it?

The New Earth only makes sense if there will be people inheriting it.. Meek people..

Matthew 5: KJV

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth."