• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

You would not see that kind of thing at a hockey game :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No at Hockey games it is almost in the rule book to fight!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

no, i did not see the game,

I do not belong to the ESPN cults..........

mike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Texas legislature just passed a law against cheerleaders dancing in a sexually suggestive manner,of course this doesn't include pro basketball but a good step forward.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

WOW!

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢

WOW!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah WOW.

How did you figure that ?

Did you go through the NBA'S doctrine ?

:whistling:

• Followers:  0

Hey I love ESPN! I watch it ALL the time and I am in no way part of a cult! Pretty strong words :21: As far as the Cheerleaders go, They don't always wear those outfits but I believe that they could cover up more :whistling: Most of them are very pretty gals and they don't need to flaunt themselves for people to see that. Also, if they took out the cheerleaders of the NBA, people would still watch it. They hardly ever show them anyway when you are watching the games from t.v.!

Steve Nash :cool:

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

look at it this way,

how many hours a day do you spend watching sports?

how much stuff has been bought to show your loyalty?

hats,

stickers

flags

pens

blankets

jackets

so forth and so on,

what was the cost of these items......

how much time thru-out the week do you talk about these sporting events with other people?

how many times have you taken off work just to watch an event?

how many of the people do you keep track of?

how many of the stats do you have memorized?

noe

compare that with the time spent with the Lord.

the time you spend sharing the Word of God with others,

how much you have that advertises the Lord

how much you give for missions,

how much you give towards out reach,

how much you talk about the Lord thru-out the week,

during sports seasons, it seems that the church services tend to start lacking people, and all a person hears at work is " what about them cow boys, " ( or stealers or oilers or drillers or eagles..... )

we tend to fill our "extra" time with stuff that dont matter....

some say that nudity dont bother them, or partial nudity, or sleezy dancing or nasty talk or other filth......

maybe the reason it does not bother them is that they are enjoying it and need to clean their minds of it.....

I spent many years in other countries, and it got to the point that seeing a female topless did not "bother" me ( their culture ) but then i started looking for it, it didnt bother me, I was enjoying it.... and that is wrong......

what we put into our minds burns its self there, what we see, burns a graffic image into our minds that satan can come back and use against us.....

the words we hear, embed themselves into our brain, and soon, all this junk that is in our brains, has overflowed into our hearts, then, yes, then it comes out.....

people will spend a months wages to go watch a single football game, but they will not give just a small bit to help a missionary, or give any time to the soup line, or shelter in maintenance work.... if it is an inconvienience to them, they put the Lords work on the back burner, specially if it interfers with a sporting event.....

that is why I call sports cults..... and comming close to being even worse, OCCULTs...... worshiping the people..... which is already being done..... people are already worshipping tthe players and teams.....

very simular to how they did my 4th cousin once removed..... they worshipped him, and he is dead and burried...... ( elvis ) nothing but a man..... i have only one record of his, it is a 45, and that is it...... and I have not listened to that for years, not even sure that it is in playable condition being it has been in the attic for about two decades.....

if we are claiming to be Christian, then let our actions show forth, not just our words........

who do we really worship????? who do we really follow?????

mike

Mike,

I spend time playing Basketball and watching NBA Basketball but I also spend alot more time on the more important thing which to me is reading and learning about the Bible, talking about my religious beliefs with my family both in here and at home. If you looked in my house, I have a few NBA and MLB photos in frames on my walls but you will also see my Bible on my coffee table where I can reach it, my hangings of my crosses around the house, inspirational painting too. I really don't understand why you feel the need to label sports as cults. I don't worship the players but I do have my favorites like Steve Nash which you saw on my last post. I don't attend church because of my work scheduel (military) and I would give $ to churches/missionaries but my bills come first to me. I don't spend alot of money on un nessisary items.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

look at i

how many hours a day do you spend watching sports?

t this way,

how much stuff has been bought to show your loyalty?

hats,

stickers

flags

pens

blankets

jackets

so forth and so on,

what was the cost of these items......

how much time thru-out the week do you talk about these sporting events with other people?

how many times have you taken off work just to watch an event?

how many of the people do you keep track of?

how many of the stats do you have memorized?

noe

compare that with the time spent with the Lord.

the time you spend sharing the Word of God with others,

how much you have that advertises the Lord

how much you give for missions,

how much you give towards out reach,

how much you talk about the Lord thru-out the week,

during sports seasons, it seems that the church services tend to start lacking people, and all a person hears at work is " what about them cow boys, " ( or stealers or oilers or drillers or eagles..... )

we tend to fill our "extra" time with stuff that dont matter....

some say that nudity dont bother them, or partial nudity, or sleezy dancing or nasty talk or other filth......

maybe the reason it does not bother them is that they are enjoying it and need to clean their minds of it.....

I spent many years in other countries, and it got to the point that seeing a female topless did not "bother" me ( their culture ) but then i started looking for it, it didnt bother me, I was enjoying it.... and that is wrong......

what we put into our minds burns its self there, what we see, burns a graffic image into our minds that satan can come back and use against us.....

the words we hear, embed themselves into our brain, and soon, all this junk that is in our brains, has overflowed into our hearts, then, yes, then it comes out.....

people will spend a months wages to go watch a single football game, but they will not give just a small bit to help a missionary, or give any time to the soup line, or shelter in maintenance work.... if it is an inconvienience to them, they put the Lords work on the back burner, specially if it interfers with a sporting event.....

that is why I call sports cults..... and comming close to being even worse, OCCULTs...... worshiping the people..... which is already being done..... people are already worshipping tthe players and teams.....

very simular to how they did my 4th cousin once removed..... they worshipped him, and he is dead and burried...... ( elvis ) nothing but a man..... i have only one record of his, it is a 45, and that is it...... and I have not listened to that for years, not even sure that it is in playable condition being it has been in the attic for about two decades.....

if we are claiming to be Christian, then let our actions show forth, not just our words........

who do we really worship????? who do we really follow?????

mike

Mike....My wife and I love sports. Its not such a bad thing for married people to find things that they both enjoy and to spend time enjoying it together. We have pretty much decided on watching the Rockets on TV for now because we didn't care for the strip tease. The TV coverage dosen't show very much of it and we can turn it if it does. God is not- anti fun. One good way to serve God is to spend time with your family. We watch most of the Rockets games and all of the playoff games but for us it is very quality time because we enjoy each other.

Steve Nash

Steve Nash!!! Steve Nash!! OK...the Suns are looking pretty good. But you gotta know it really...........

T-MAC.... He Da Man!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless...Sports fans and non-Sports fans

Dan (Sports fan) Rockets in 2006!!!I just know it! ;)

I agree with you about spending time with your family. My husband and I love sports and the NBA is our favorite! We love the Celtics(home team) but, well you know what happened. Tracy MacGrady is my husband's favorite beside Bird Man and Pistol Pete! I do love my Nashy! Sports are to be fun and enjoyable. You really shouldn't let a few cheerleaders ruin your fun. I feel sorry for them half the time! They have to dance around and cheer even when their team is losing lol! But, for the most part as I said before: Unless you are at the game, you don't see much of the cheerleaders! ;)