• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/2000

I'm a 18 year old female questioning her entire life right now.
Firstly, I am supposed to be Christian but I don't feel like one. I consider myself agnostic. That's because no matter how hard I try I just can't believe in the existence of God. However, I don't really believe in His non-existence. Sometimes I am a believer, sometimes I'm not. When I pray I feel like no one listens to me, like I try too hard to believe in something that doesn't even exist. I've tried talking to God, saying that I want to know and believe in Him, but nothing has ever happened. Whenever I feel like God does exist, I change my mind quickly afterwards. I would give everything I can to find out the truth! I hate being so confused...
I hate being so paranoid, like why do I even believe that priests are clowns obsessed with money (If I'm offending the priests out there, forgive me, please). I hate to dislike them! I dislike most of the Christian rules and traditions.  
Secondly, as if my confusion isn't stressful enough, I also feel attracted to the same sex. Same sex only. And I don't see anything wrong with it although it goes against the God I am supposed to believe in. Yep. My life turns out to be a complete lie. I wish I were a man! Not because I feel like one, but because I could have a relationship with someone I feel attracted to. I hate having these not-so-healthy thoughts...
I would really appreciate if someone would be willing to give me some advice...
Thank you.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,272
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

One way satan dupes humanity is by religious earthy efforts instead of reality... Jesus said to Nicodemus 'you must be born again'

John 3:3-8

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
KJV

The reality of our, (sons and daughters of God), essence change is of s/Spirit. We that have been born new and have God within us and the reality is seen in our lives as we yield to The Person of The Holy Spirit that directs us through God's Word... as I read your post it seems you are looking in this world with a mind you were born with upon which neither will lead you to the truth that is in Christ Jesus... God can only be sought in His Word through belief grown out of faith! 
This is God's written witness of us:

Rom 8:9-14

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
KJV

The fact that God 'IS' is because of 'IS' …. He has always been and will always be -His Persons are without dependence and all else He has created is dependent upon Him whether they want it or not … it is just fact! I have given you the naked essence of truth that is of Him and your choice to believe or disbelieve is placed upon you and no other but you... if you choose to disbelieve note-> the essence of what it is you have placed your faith upon to do so; it will be upon the created elements which will seem right to the mind you were born with. If it is belief then it can only be upon The Scriptures that God claims as His Word that leads us to The Person of Jesus The Christ....

Edited by enoob57
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

From what you say:

1. I would suggest to you that you are actually making progress.

2. You believe more than you realise.

These are the reasons (key words) that suggest you are meeting these two points:

1. I have quoted bits from the bible in quote marks and the list below with no quotes are also in the bible too:

• You are searching for answers - "...search for God with all of your heart..." (you have been trying hard).
  • Confusion - there is a spiritual battle for you. God is trying to win you over to Him.
  • Agnostic - well that's half way there lol. Only messing, what I mean is that you are not an atheist which is further from God.
  • Wanting to change - that is a massive sign of an early Christian.

2. Think about these points below as it may give you more confidence to believe in prayer and you will then get better answers:

• You said "forgive me" - you have respect (also known as fear) for God. BTW a lot of Christian's are sausages, agreed.
  • Your are being convicted by God (AKA you are challenging your morals) - "not-so-healthy thoughts". What I mean is that a football hooligan would not say that basically.
  • You are seeking advice on a Christian forum.

You probably have more words like that too.

I think that your loving heavenly Father is trying to nudge you into His loving arms.

He has His eye on you as He loves you and He is infinitely powerful so I think you will be ok.

So persevere, you are doing ok.

Disclaimer: this is all based from the logic of what you have said and my experience as a Christian.

Bless you, I have prayed for you.

Edited by Sharky and George
Formatting and an addition

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:29 AM, KaterinaChk said:

I'm a 18 year old female questioning her entire life right now.

Hi KaterinaChk,

Pleased to meet you and share together. Now you do have a lovely name - Katerina. Sounds very mystic. Now you have been very straight forward with your present situation. This is a process of coming out of `darkness` into the light, of truth. Everybody, if honest is searching for what is true, what can I rely on, what or who is trustworthy, who actually cares for me, etc.

It seems like a fog and all these thoughts swirl around your head. So take heart there is a path through the fog and maze, one step at a time. The first step is knowing that you need and want help. You have taken that step. The next step is to realise that all your own efforts just seem to make it worse. So...your next step is to just reach out with your heart and trust that the Lord will reveal Himself to you. Only God knows your heart, only God knows how you think, so go about your day and life and the Lord will highlight something to you that is personal. Then there is another step and another in this journey of getting to trust the Lord.

If you have been involved in man`s religious organisations, then you would carry a lot of wrong guilt for their many rules. Jesus did not build an organisation, but desires to help us get to know Him in our everyday life. Man always wants to control us. See the difference?

hope that is of some help, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Find out what the christian habits are and practice them deliberately. Over time these will become habits and your spirit will change. Instead of your heart leading you to temptation, it will lead you to something more Christ-like, and you'll be fulfilled.

1. Hang out with Christian friends. A circle of positive influence will work wonders. Separate from those that do not share your morals.
  2. Study the bible daily. Find different avenues for this. Right now I'm using the bible app on iOS, it has really low-barrier-to-entry devotionals that take just a few minutes and you can do one per day. Pick a track that interests you and rack up several over the course of the next year.
  3. Ask the senior people at your church how to pray. Then pray 3 times a day. They will tell you how to pray for the right things.
  4. Love others as you love yourself, be kind, be positive, go out of your way to make a difference in others' lives.

Try these steps for the next month and report back to us on any changes you feel. I love to hear the testimony of others!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hello KaterinaChk

We welcome you to Worthy, and thank you that you have trusted that you will find some people here willing to help you understand why you feel the way you do.

I desperately wanted to know the truth.  I knew there was something I was missing, and I didn't know what.  I decided that I would not stop looking until I was satisfied that I had found it.  "It" turned out to be a person - Jesus Christ - who, when I believed in Him and told Him I wanted to surrender my life to Him, revealed Himself to me and forgave me all my sin.  I knew I was forgiven.  I received Him into my life; I repented of all my sin, and decided to follow Him for the rest of my days.  He has fulfilled me; He is my life.  I hope you can ask Him to be your Saviour and Lord too.  I will be praying for you.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

God made a promise..”turn to me and I will turn to you”. That simple .It worked back in the days of the Bible....it still works today.....I know it ......it worked for me.You are  in my prayers.God bless