• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Another thing that's interesting, disturbing and sad that I've been running across in some unrelated studies. There have been a number of priests, clergy and Vatican officials that have come out blowing the whistle about all the subset cults in the Vatican / RCC. If they are to be believed, it's spine chilling. 

It's easily documented but to lengthy to post here and no one is going to read massive amounts anyway. Just what we can see from the outside, it's very apparent to me there's corruption, strife, struggle and power plays going on in the holy See. 

I wonder how that vow of celibacy is working out? 

I wonder how that vow of celibacy is working out?

Ask the kids they will let you know  .    aint GOOD at all .     hands were on when they should have been OFF .    

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

keep in mind that there is a very small percentage of the total priest population that has been involved in the sex scandals.     Last I heard there was a bit over 400,000 priests globally and about 3,500 that have been accused of abuse since 2004, and a thousand or so have been defrocked and the other punished in different ways.....  that's less than 1%.

Show me any organization with that many people who have less bad apples than that.

• Brilliant! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, other one said:

keep in mind that there is a very small percentage of the total priest population that has been involved in the sex scandals.     Last I heard there was a bit over 400,000 priests globally and about 3,500 that have been accused of abuse since 2004, and a thousand or so have been defrocked and the other punished in different ways.....  that's less than 1%.

Show me any organization with that many people who have less bad apples than that.

The buffalo has rightly spoken .     

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, other one said:

Are those accurate numbers though? There's instances in my life where I was abused by an adult when I was a child, and I wasn't about to tell anyone for obvious reasons. What percentage of people would be like me and stay quiet and deal with it, not to embarrass themselves?

• Brilliant! 1

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Are those accurate numbers though? There's instances in my life where I was abused by an adult when I was a child, and I wasn't about to tell anyone for obvious reasons. What percentage of people would be like me and stay quiet and deal with it, not to embarrass themselves?

was it a Catholic Priest that abused you?    

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, other one said:

was it a Catholic Priest that abused you?    

No. Scout master.

19 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

No. Scout master.

Kind of adds to my point.  We should be attacking this problem not the Catholic Church.   It's a problem most everywhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

On 9/7/2018 at 6:55 AM, other one said:

Kind of adds to my point.  We should be attacking this problem not the Catholic Church.   It's a problem most everywhere.

Amen. We must also remeber not to gloat too much over what is happening in the RCC, “Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice, or the LORD will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from them.” (Pslam 24:17-18). I am not saying the RCC is the enemy, but if this applies to an enemy how much more so in this situation?