douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Luke 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

18:34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

It can be seen in verse 34 that the apostles had no understanding of the blood sacrifice and resurrection that Jesus was facing.

It is evident that there is not just one gospel.

It is only logical to uphold that the gospel they were presenting was not the same gospel Paul was preaching.

They were preaching the gospel that Jesus is the Son of God.

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

They were preaching the gospel of the coming of the kingdom on earth.

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

The gospel that Paul preaches is our gospel for today.This is the gospel by which we are saved.

15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1 Corinthians 15

We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.

Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.

All we have to do is believe the gospel.

Believing is being persuaded that something is true.

The moment you believe you have eternal life.

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Excellant posts.......just for the record , the Bible mentions five Gospels.Paul’s Gospel found in 1cor15:1-4 is the Gospel thAt saves today in this Age of Grace.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

Israel has never been saved to eternal life by the law, works, or baptism. Israel believed on  as Jesus as messiah and the Son of God. They were saved by faith. Entering into the promised kingdom on earth was by works, it is a physical salvation.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shiloh357
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, douge said:

Luke 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

18:34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

It can be seen in verse 34 that the apostles had no understanding of the blood sacrifice and resurrection that Jesus was facing.

It is evident that there is not just one gospel.

This is wrong.  The Bible only knows ONE Gospel.  The Gospel that Paul preached and the Gospel of the Kingdom are the same Gospel.  What Jesus preached and what Paul preached are the same Gospel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

"And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power." (1 Corinthians 2:1-5)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

From the beginning, God provided garments for Adam and Eve.

Sacrifice was instituted as we see with Cain and Abel.

As Shiloh mentioned in another thread, Abraham had the gospel preached to him and there is also the Levitical sacrifices.

The religious leadership new some of what Jesus was teaching as with the parable of the vineyard but were keeping knowledge from the people. Heavy shepherding. The people were ignorant because of this and the leadership was spiritually blinded partially because of ignorance and because of unbelief. Jesus said if they would believe Moses they would believe Me. 

He took Nicodemus to task by saying, "You being a teacher of the law and you don't know what it means to be born again."

A few places Jesus held the leaders accountable for not knowing what they should have known. Especially at the triumphal entry.

The Gospel is presented in different ways, same gospel, different delivery. Jesus in Matth. 24 said, "And this Gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all  nations, and then the end shall come."

What Gospel? Persecution? Deception? Wars rumors of wars, ethnos against ethnos, kingdom against kingdom, lawlessness abounding and the love of many growing cold, people betraying each other?   Well yes!!!

"Blessed on the mountains are the feet of him announcing peace, announcing salvation." The Gospel of Peace, The messiah is our peace. There will be no true or lasting peace until the prince of peace returns and sets up His kingdom. 

No matter what slide we scale the understanding of the disciples understanding of the gospel on, it doesn't change or create multiple gospels. History, literature, culture, language is all good and helpful in further understanding but these things should help illuminate doctrine, bring out deeper meaning, not interpret scripture to make doctrine. Same goes for typology, and typology is in there, it's part of the scripture.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Mark 1:1 (KJV)
1  The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God...

There are many gospels. A great many.

gospel:  from Strong's Hebrew and Greek

Greek word: εὐαγγέλιον

Transliteration: euangelion

a good message

Many men and women in Scripture are given "good message/news" from God. Moses, Hannah, David, Isaiah, Peter, Paul, and me.

Which one do you refer? 

Yes, there is a good message of and from Jesus of Nazareth, Son of God.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, jeremiah1five said:

Mark 1:1 (KJV)
1  The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God...

There are many gospels. A great many.

gospel:  from Strong's Hebrew and Greek

Greek word: εὐαγγέλιον

Transliteration: euangelion

a good message

Many men and women in Scripture are given "good message/news" from God. Moses, Hannah, David, Isaiah, Peter, Paul, and me.

Which one do you refer? 

Yes, there is a good message of and from Jesus of Nazareth, Son of God.

Well yes, there is plenty of good news. But I think we can draw a distinction between good news and "The good news". Just as there is "The Apostle" Jesus Christ also the twelve apostles, exceptions such as Paul then also apostles such as Barnabas, John Mark, Sillas and today, all that apostles are, are church planting missionaries. They give there bodies over as per example, not an office that controls or lords over anything. We don't use the term because of the problems with language and definitions, abuses, controversy but there is a gift given to men go into areas where the gospel needs preached. Doesn't mean those carrying the gift forward are pastors continually but none the less they plant churches and raise up or train elders. By definition there are many apostles, those who are sent.

Anyway there is plenty of good news/gospels but there is one "The Gospel" as there is only one "The Apostle". The way we deliver that news varies from situation to situation. As we can see in the text. Everything hinges on Jesus Christ crucified, resurrected and coming again. Paul in Acts 17:30-31 described it as judgement on a appointed day by a man whom God raised from the dead when preaching the gospel to the people in Athens.

"Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

If you ever find yourself looking for some light comedy reading, pick up a copy of the Gospel of Thomas and/or the infancy Gospel of Thomas. They are to the bible what The Davinci Code is.

Guest 1sheep
On 10/3/2018 at 11:06 AM, shiloh357 said:

This is wrong.  The Bible only knows ONE Gospel.  The Gospel that Paul preached and the Gospel of the Kingdom are the same Gospel.  What Jesus preached and what Paul preached are the same Gospel.

Correct. Paul preached justification through faith and Jesus the kingdom of heaven. 

They both converge (so to speak)with Christ being the justification. 

Same message .