• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,314
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

15 hours ago, 1sheep said:

I wish I could say that I am surprised but sadly I am not. Apostacy and the emergent church are everywhere. This is the extreme opposite of legalism but same root; unregenerated .  They may as well take their pot and bongs to the "festivities. " Dont hold your breath! Soon we may see this ad in states where pot is legal. "  ...... Come praise Jesus for hops and pot. His grace is sufficient..."  

Actually there are already some "pot churches", believe it or not!   A judge recently ruled against one Indiana church which wanted to have pot as their sacrament!   The world gets crazier and crazier.

Several years ago I ran into a young woman who went to a bar church in downtown.   I had never heard of anything like that before and thought it was very peculiar.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Debp said:

Actually there are already some "pot churches", believe it or not!   A judge recently ruled against one Indiana church which wanted to have pot as their sacrament!   The world gets crazier and crazier.

Several years ago I ran into a young woman who went to a bar church in downtown.   I had never heard of anything like that before and thought it was very peculiar.

It's not simply peculiar.  It is a sign of people who are likely not really born again.   If they can live in sin and enjoy it, they need re-examine the authenticity of their profession of faith. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

43 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It's not simply peculiar.  It is a sign of people who are likely not really born again.   If they can live in sin and enjoy it, they need re-examine the authenticity of their profession of faith. 

:thumbsup:Thanks for speaking this truth in an age of lies. 

2 Corinthians 13:5 

"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Can’t you see for yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you—unless you actually fail the test? " (KJV says "except you be reprobates")

Jesus makes a noticable difference. If blending in too much with the world and looking like a carbon copy, time to be concerned.

As said in scripture:

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

4 hours ago, Debp said:

Oh my goodness Debp!!!!! Wow! I am flabergasted. The world we live in is moving towards the wrath of our sovereign HOLY Lord so fast that it makes my head spin. I am glad the judge ruled against it. 

4 hours ago, maryjayne said:

this is all part of the dumbing down of the Message, and teaching the unsaved that they are saved, thus hindering them from continuing to seek true Salvation.

There are numerous scriptures about the blood guilt of those who conciously hinder others to find salvation eg. matthew 23:13

Hi Maryjayne,The watered down hyper grace  gospel of today is like the SADDUCIES . They were the  liberal "modernists".  

Pharisees are guilty of also perverting the gospel  but they are the opposite extreme: legalism /judaizers.

They are both as you stated hindrances .  

On 9/25/2018 at 9:40 AM, shiloh357 said:

I am not sure this is even that kind of an issue.  They are simply using "church" as a pretense for alcoholism and simply living like the world.   It's not like they are drinking in the privacy of their own home. 

In the ancient pagan world, drinking and drunkenness was part of how they worshipped their gods.

...........As in the "days of Noah".

On 9/25/2018 at 9:52 AM, Yowm said:

There are some ‘shock’ pastors strutting their coolness and liberty without much regard for a weaker brother’s conscience in the Emergent type Churches.

Hi Yowm. 

Im curious why you referred to them as "shock" pastors. Do you mean they shock those who are walking the narrow road? Maybe I havent quite had enough coffee. Lol ....

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Hi Shiloh. 

I agree. Their hearts were never regenerated. No change. They sprinkled some Jesus on their wicked unrepentant  life and call it good. Blasphemy!!

I gotta admit it is offensive to me. They are wolves posing as sheep. I usually feel like I need to protect those who are weak. 

.....you would think Id be done with my 3 cups of coffee by this time of morning wouldnt you? Fall is upon us and I cant seem to go to bed early enough to get up at a reasonable time. Terrible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/24/2018 at 4:53 PM, Yowm said:

One person's 'liberty' is another person's (usually a weaker brother) stumbling block (hic).

I'll drink to that. ;)