• Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

58 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

Shalom, turtletwo.

I LOVE this CD. I'd like to explain a little about the title for those who don't know Hebrew, if that's okay.

"Hallelu" is the command form of the verb "Give praise to."
"Et" is the identifier in Hebrew that doesn't translate into English, but means that the next word is the direct object of the verb.
"ADONAI" is the Hebrew word that means "LORD" but is frequently used as a substitute for the Tetragrammaton, "YHWH," God's name as revealed to Moses.

Thus, this phrase means "Give praise to ADONAI" or "Give praise to the LORD" or "Give praise to YHWH." It's similar to the single word, "Hallelujah," which also means "Give praise to YAH," the poetic abbreviation of God's name.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

12 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, turtletwo.

I LOVE this CD. I'd like to explain a little about the title for those who don't know Hebrew, if that's okay.

Of course, it's okay. In fact, I am :) happy you took the time to do this.

I also share an interest in Hebrew. How much of it do you know? How did you go about learning it? God bless you. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

11 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Of course, it's okay. In fact, I am :) happy you took the time to do this.

I also share an interest in Hebrew. How much of it do you know? How did you go about learning it? God bless you. :)

Shalom, turtletwo.

Most of it I've learned from studying the Tanakh  (acronym for "Torah-Navi'iym-Ketuvah" [Torah-Prophets-Writings]) directly, but I've had a few classes on Hebrew at our Messianic Synagogue from a true "sabra" ("native" of Israel). It helps to use study helps, both from the past and in the present. For instance, I use Strong's Dictionary of the Hebrew and Chaldee Languages, but I also use HebrewPod101.com and Judaism 101 (http://www.jewfaq.org/). I also have a Hebrew grammar book called The First Hebrew Primer for Adults; Biblical and Prayerbook Hebrew by Ethelyn Simon, Nanette Stahl, Linda Motzkin, and Joseph Anderson (Second Edition, EKS Publishing Company, Oakland, CA, 1983).

My studies of the Hebrew language are driven by the confident assurance that Hebrew will be the main language of the Millennium when our Lord Yeshua` then Melekh haGadowl (the Great King or Emperor) will reign from Yerushalayim, Yisra'el. Why should everything be interpreted for us when we could learn the language NOW?!

As an aside note, have you ever noticed how much time is spent on a supposed "7-year period" commonly called the "Tribulation" but those same individuals will hardly give any time at all to a 1000-year period called the "Millennium?"

• Thanks 1