• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

56 minutes ago, Debp said:

Just want to bring up the importance of kindness.  We never know what a person has gone through or is currently going through....so it's important to always be kind to others.

So true! Kindness is classified as one of the fruits of the Spirit. Which can only be manifested by Christ being formed in the life of the believer. Which itself is a fruit of someone’s personal relationship with Christ. May we all as those that lay claim to Christ have Christ formed in our hearts that He might be read by all man. Or in other words that the Fruits of the Spirit might be manifested to all at all times. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,310
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you.  Ephesians 4:32

And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us, and has given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savor.  Ephesians 5:2

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

I love this topic, Debp. Thanks for posting it. :thumbsup:

Sadly, kindness is sometimes under discussed and under rated. Worst of all, is when it is under practiced.  Yet it is such a significant trait of a Christian.

:) I wanted to share some of my favorite verses on this topic:

"Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3

"And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8

"So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 3:12

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

In my understanding kindness is one of the main ways we can know real Christians from phony ones. It's so easy to say you are a believer but the true believers are those who obey Jesus. And kindness is one of the things Jesus stressed above all else. Even if we overlook when Jesus was killed, just consider all the times He was accused of being of the devil, and all the times He looked past a person's sins because that person was showing kindness to Him. Again we see what we do, and how we feel, this is what matters to God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,310
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I always appreciate when a kindness is done for me.   If you can't do much for some reason, one can always be kind with our words, especially to the hurting and ill.   Even on a Christian forum, we can be kind and perhaps that will help someone along the way.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Debp said:

I always appreciate when a kindness is done for me.   If you can't do much for some reason, one can always be kind with our words, especially to the hurting and ill.   Even on a Christian forum, we can be kind and perhaps that will help someone along the way.

Sadly, it took me many years to realize the tone and form of my words was every bit as important as the content.  You never know when an ill-spoken truth can crush a hurting soul when that same truth when kindly and gently spoken can uplift that same soul.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/30/2018 at 7:41 AM, Not me said:

So true! Kindness is classified as one of the fruits of the Spirit. Which can only be manifested by Christ being formed in the life of the believer. Which itself is a fruit of someone’s personal relationship with Christ. May we all as those that lay claim to Christ have Christ formed in our hearts that He might be read by all man. Or in other words that the Fruits of the Spirit might be manifested to all at all times. 

Kindness can also be a weapon for the Antichrist...

The same way "love your neibour " can be a reason for someone's  denial of the faith of Jesus Christ...

Goodness also is big aset in the hands of the Antichrist...together with the frace "God is good", "God is Love", God is Kind", and God is forgiving", 

Aal of this without the faith of Jesus Christ...

Your post suggest that if someone abides in Kindness, love, goodness, forgivness and so on is because Christ is formed in them...

So many who don't believe that Jesus has died from the forgiveness for our sins and raised from the dead, can say or others can say:

Look at those kind and good  charitable people Christ must have been formed in them...

Where Christ has nothing to do with that...

Paul said that I have met many Idolaters Gentiles who have many of the fruits of the Spirit active in their lives that put many of you to shame...

The Holy Spirit can help us to grow in those atributes as part of our lives and help us forgive where we could not forgive before...and be charitable to people we could not be before...

But we do not have the right to stereotype those who are not of the faith that they do not have those qualities and we cannot find Kind and good and charitable people among unbelievers...

When in fact most not Christian orders believe in good works of kindness and love to have the blessings of their God, or the good karma..Believing to do good so good can returned unto you.

The Gospel Paul said is for not only bad people but also for the good and charitable and peace makers and so on...

Because Jesus died for all, and everyone needs to believe in Jesus Christ for Heaven and for many reasons, one of them is that God gave the Heaven to Jesus Christ as his inheritance and for those who believe in him...even if they are not good, kind and charitable and unforgiving and so on...

Hope you will not misunderstand me, because I am not defending my self, but I believe this is the truth...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

6 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hope you will not misunderstand me, because I am not defending my self, but I believe this is the truth...

As a fellow believer I would not make lite or misunderstand your faith. I would and could only point you to Christ that our personal relationship with Him would abound and abound. 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1