• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

So having sex with one person out of marriage is not as bad a sin as having sex with multiple people? 

Sin is sin. God sees your sin as equally rebellious! 

God isnt winking at your sin! 

I never said he was. Look I'm just trying to make my life better.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

This is my bfs. We don't pray together, he doesn't go to church... It's hard I love him and yes men are controlled by hormones. Uhg

The problem is that I totally understand.  I decided that the Scriptures didn't apply to me because we were in love!  Hogwash!  I chose to ignore them and married him anyway.  The first 11 years were the longest and most miserable of my life.  I would pray and ask God how long I would have to suffer for my disobedience.  My husband no longer allowed me to go to church and took away the care keys at the last minute.  It was a 5 mile walk in snow.  Since God was the source of my love I soon "dried up" -- I didn't have the spiritual maturity to read the word daily and stay in constant prayer.  Our lives had different goals and we were going in opposite directions.  I didn't want to do a lot of the garbage he wanted to do and we argued continually.  

2Co 6:14  AMP  Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness? 2Co 6:15  What harmony can there be between Christ and Belial [the devil]? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? 2Co 6:16  What agreement [can there be between] a temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in and with and among them and will walk in and with and among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. [Exo 25:8; Exo 29:45; Lev 26:12; Jer 31:1; Eze 37:27]

2Co 6:17  So, come out from among [unbelievers], and separate (sever) yourselves from them, says the Lord, and touch not [any] unclean thing; then I will receive you kindly and treat you with favor, [Isa 52:11]  2Co 6:18  And I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty. [Isa 43:6; Hos 1:10]

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I removed some personal information disclosed in a email from this thread.  Generally it's understood an email is personal correspondence and should be between two individuals and not for the web.  Otherwise it would have just been posted here.  :)   So I removed about 5 posts from this thread that probably should be discussed privately.  :)

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,311
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

8 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

This is my bfs. We don't pray together, he doesn't go to church... It's hard I love him and yes men are controlled by hormones. Uhg

Do you pray and go to church?     Have you actually had a time in your life where you came to truly believe on Jesus as your own personal Savior?  If so, you should seek a godly man as the Bible teaches.   Otherwise, this union will lead to much heartache for you.

4 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

If he doesn't marry me I don't think I'll get married. I'll retire from dating or anything...but I'm not leaving my bfs until he leaves. I love him.

Just curious, how long have you been dating him?  What are this man's views about marriage?

35 minutes ago, Debp said:

Do you pray and go to church?     Have you actually had a time in your life where you came to truly believe on Jesus as your own personal Savior?  If so, you should seek a godly man as the Bible teaches.   Otherwise, this union will lead to much heartache for you.

Just curious, how long have you been dating him?  What are this man's views about marriage?

Yes. I had that conversion. I wasn't dragged to church by my parents they didn't make me believe. 

I truly did believe in God...I still do but I don't pray much or read much any more

I feel like I'm in limbo kind of.

Edited by Figure of eighty

47 minutes ago, George said:

I removed some personal information disclosed in a email from this thread.  Generally it's understood an email is personal correspondence and should be between two individuals and not for the web.  Otherwise it would have just been posted here.  :)   So I removed about 5 posts from this thread that probably should be discussed privately.  :)

God bless,

George

Appreciate the explanation. That is something I havent seen from steve. He bans from a thread w/o explanation. 

2 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yes. I had that conversion. I wasn't dragged to church by my parents they didn't make me believe. 

I truly did believe in God...I still do but I don't pray much or read much any more

A heart conversion produces fruit. I wrote alot about that a few pages back.

25 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

You don't know my life or the walk I had with God. I used to be extremely zealous for God then alot happened that I'm not comfortable going into detail with .

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,311
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

35 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I feel like I'm in limbo kind of.

Was he claiming to be a Christian when you started dating him?    That is the first thing to be careful of when you are a Christian....date only Christians.  Even then watch a person for their "fruit" to see if they are truly following Christ.   If they aren't, break it off with them as dating leads to marriage usually.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

17 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Amen Bro!!! or Sis? This is absolutely 100% true. In the parable of the vine and the branches (Jn. 15:1-17), Jesus is depicted as the "vine", while the branches refer to professing believers or Christendom. The branches that produce NO fruit are withered and cast into the fire to be burned (a metaphor for hell and the Lake of Fire). Fruits are evidence that one has truly been born-again. James says that fatith without works is"dead" -- in other words, that is a "dead" faith, and not a "saving" faith. True Christians do not keep the commandments to be saved, but rather they keep the commandments because they are saved. When James says that a man is "justified" by his works (Jas. 2:24) -- it doesn't mean that this man is justified before God -- but before men. How will others know that we are a Christian unless we display an "outward" manifestation of our heart? Jesus said that all men will know that we are His disciples if we love one another as Christ loved us; this is a perfect example of true faith. The scipture also expounds upon fruits as evidence of a new birth. 

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23)

In Christ, *Pumpkin*