LivingbyFaith

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Even though the Old Testament Law/commandments does not save Christians from hell when they die, the Law is very important as a guide for their present lives on earth, ie before their future resurrection or rapture into eternal life in the kingdom of heaven. The wilful or ignorant breaking of the Law, eg keeping Dreamcatchers, idols, books on magic/sorcery/witchcraft, talisman, tarot cards, ouija boards, etc, in their homes, may jeopardize their future resurrection or rapture into eternal life or their salvation through them losing faith while suffering the curses/judgments of God for their wilful or ignorant sins/Law-breaking.(JOB.2:9) ...

ROMANS.7:7 & 12  (NKJV) = What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” ...

12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

ROMANS.6:1-2 = 1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

1TIMOTHY.4:1-3 = The Great Apostasy

1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

32 minutes ago, Davida said:

The belief that stones & crystals have hidden healing or helping powers is part of the occult invasion, and much of the New Age has gone mainstream and is being marketed in very benign looking ways.   One of the doorways was self-help book sections, and bookstores. These semi-precious stones and crystals are thought that they contain a spirit consciousness and THAT is where these powers to promote fluency of expression etc.... come from. Your conscience is trying to tell you something.  I strongly suggest you get rid of that stone Chris and pray for your daughter that the devil not mislead her.  This is one of the devices of the devil that we are supposed to be aware and alert against. 

YEP and under the taken out of text banner of conscious ,    how often do we hear ,   OH its just a harmless movie , like harry potter

or its just yoga in christan form , or its just prayer , or its just ,  its just , its just this or that .     Satan will always make things seem as no big deal,

here want a reminder ,   OH surely you will not die ,     OH its just GOD KNOWS you will know good and evil .

SATAN is the one behind this its just move ,  its just this or that , making evil and vile seem as no big deal .     And folks are buying it big time . 

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,151
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

16 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

Even though the Old Testament Law/commandments does not save Christians from hell when they die, the Law is very important as a guide for their present lives on earth, ie before their future resurrection or rapture into eternal life in the kingdom of heaven. The wilful or ignorant breaking of the Law, eg keeping Dreamcatchers, idols, books on magic/sorcery/witchcraft, talisman, tarot cards, ouija boards, etc, in their homes, may jeopardize their future resurrection or rapture into eternal life or their salvation through them losing faith while suffering the curses/judgments of God for their wilful or ignorant sins/Law-breaking.(JOB.2:9)

I would say that there is a large difference in dream catchers and those other things that are designed to be in contact with the demonic world....   that is not what dream catchers are for.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

When did the church become so focused on relationships about just getting along , that it now overlooks and plays off things as no big deal , WHICH OFFEND GOD .

If folks want to get along , then do it with the mindset , lets agree to avoid the things WHICH OFFEND GOD .    instead of playing down evil and making it seem harmless .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

58 minutes ago, other one said:

I would say that there is a large difference in dream catchers and those other things that are designed to be in contact with the demonic world....   that is not what dream catchers are for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcatcher

In some Native American cultures, a dreamcatcher or dream catcher (Ojibwe: asabikeshiinh, the inanimate form of the word for "spider") is a handmade willow hoop, on which is woven a net or web. The dreamcatcher may also include sacred items such as certain feathers or beads. Traditionally they are often hung over cradles as protection. It originates in Ojibwe culture as the "spider web charm" (Ojibwe: asubakacin "net-like", White Earth Band; bwaajige ngwaagan "dream snare", Curve Lake Band), a hoop with woven string or sinew meant to replicate a spider's web, used as a protective charm for infants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soulcatcher

A Soulcatcher (Haboolm Ksinaalgat, 'keeper of breath') is an amulet (Aatxasxw) used by the shaman (Halayt) of the Pacific Northwest Coast of British Columbia and Alaska. It is believed that all soulcatchers were constructed by the Tsimshian tribe, and traded to the other tribes.

Use

Sickness incurable by secular (herbal) means was believed to be caused by "soul loss" through:

Dreaming, which was thought to be the soul leaving the body and traveling to the spirit world. If the soul was unable to return to the body by morning (due to disorientation or supernatural interference), chronic illness would follow.

Being frightened out of the body

Being enticed out by witchcraft

To cure the patient, the shaman would wear the soulcatcher as a necklace. He would then travel to the spirit world by calling helper spirits using trance music, employing helper-spirit masks, and magical implements such as staffs. Shaman might also work in groups, constructing a representation of a shaman's Land-Otter canoe and "dantsikw" spirit boards (see sisiutl) as a vehicle to travel to the spirit world. Once the errant soul was located, the shaman would "suck" the soul into the soulcatcher, and return to the patient. The soul would then be "blown" back into the patient.

Another use of the soulcatcher was to suck malevolent spirits out of a patient.

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Davida said:

The belief that stones & crystals have hidden healing or helping powers is part of the occult invasion, and much of the New Age has gone mainstream and is being marketed in very benign looking ways.   One of the doorways was self-help book sections, and bookstores. These semi-precious stones and crystals are thought that they contain a spirit consciousness and THAT is where these powers to promote fluency of expression etc.... come from. Your conscience is trying to tell you something.  I strongly suggest you get rid of that stone Chris and pray for your daughter that the devil not mislead her.  This is one of the devices of the devil that we are supposed to be aware and alert against. 

Hello @Davida,

It was the introduction of the thought that lay behind the stone which caused me problems regarding my conscience, and not the stone itself.  If I had not been told what the stone was supposed to signify, I would not have had the troubling thoughts.  Though I probably will get rid of it though, Davida, because of those associations.

We have been raised with Christ, far above all principality, power and might, and therefore these things have no power over us, in Christ Jesus.  Though I am increasingly aware of the evil surrounding us, which would take our minds off Christ Jesus our risen Lord, and away from the study of His Word.

I thank you for your concern.

With love to you
In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

• Praise God! 1

51 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

And they operate in clear violation of scripture every time they go down that road, while busily posting the same poor-context scripture commanding other people to do it their way.  They continually attempt to force people to accept a one-way ticket to Legalismville.  While they ignore other clear scripture forbidding them from using this kind of strong arming over a simple matter of personal conviction. We aren't talking about murder, or adultery here, which are clear cut, black/white issues.  We are talking about an inanimate object made out of twine and fake feathers that has no supernatural power whatsoever.

JOHN.14: (NKJV) = Indwelling of the Father and the Son

19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

By common definition, Legalism means the false requirement to keep certain laws/commandments of God in order to be saved from hell, eg the Judaizers of GALATIANS.2:9-14. Legalists usually go off like this, "If you commit sins wilfully, you ARE going to hell", "If you do not tithe 10%, you ARE going to hell", "If you do not come to Church regularly, you ARE going to hell", "If you do not feed the hungry/thirsty or clothe the naked or house the strangers/homeless or visit the sick and prisoners, you ARE going to hell", "If you do not love your enemies, turn the other cheek, walk the extra mile or pluck out your eyes and chop off your limbs, you ARE going to hell", etc.

In contrast, some here say like this, "Go and sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you"(JOHN.5:14 & 8:11) which MAY cause you to lose faith and your salvation.(cf 1CORINTHIANS.5:5) ...

GALATIANS.5:19-21 = 19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Edited by discipler777

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Explain to me exactly what "Idols" you are talking about.  What kind of "idols" do Christians have hanging in their homes, according to you.

According to some "strong" Christians here, Dreamcatchers are considered as inanimate objects. So too, are idols, ie to them, idols are also considered as inanimate objects. If they can keep Dreamcatchers at home, they should be able to also keep idols at home, ie both are just inanimate objects. But God's Word/Law/commandments forbid Jews and Christians from keeping idols at home, otherwise they will be accursed = suffer calamities/terrors. So, God's Word/Law/commandments should also forbid Jews and Christians from keeping Dreamcatchers at home, otherwise ...

Edited by discipler777

32 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The scriptures you posted do not apply, at all, to what we are talking about.

Please post Scriptures that apply to what we are talking about.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

I believe this one has ran it's course. Locked.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1