sermonindex

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

This topic by the op has in its title "Francis Chan warns..." If we put stock in what someone proclaims, then it is important we first research said individual. We must consider if he is biblically sound or has compromised before we look to him as a source of credibility. I thank those here who have done this and have mentioned the emergent false teachers and New Apostolic Reformation leaders who Francis Chan is endorsing.

But even beyond Francis Chan- common sense tells you that unity is only right when it is based upon the truth of scripture. If sound doctrine is being compromised, we must not overlook it (and thus, be indirectly supporting  it!) in the name of the word 'unity.' The One World Church of the end times will be the rotten fruit that will result!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

37 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Got even worse news ,   according to a study not only liberal but also now the majority of even evangelical believe GOD is okay with all religions .

No, not really. If that is what they think, they are no longer evangelical, they have just become nominal Christians, Christians in name only who call might call themselves evangelicals. Evangelicals know there is only one way to God, and that God is not okay with all religions. They are abominations, but those in them are still objects of His intense love who He wants us to reach. That is WHY we are evangelicals, because we evangelize the lost, bringing them the good news of salvation the only way there is, through faith in the virtuous life, the sacrificial death, and the victorious resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth, God's only begotten Son.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 11/20/2018 at 1:44 PM, sermonindex said:

Over 3 years ago, God started to speak to me deeply on the great sin of division, slander, and gossip in the body of Christ. God started to have me in situations where great hurt was being done and I saw first hand the way the enemy used these tactics to destroy and hurt the testimony of Jesus Christ in others lives. One of many devotional articles I wrote during that time was called: God's Church Is Sacred In This Earth. The premise of the devotion was a warning that when we speak against the body of Christ we speak against God's Sacred Church of whom we are all a part. 

Recently, God spoke to Francis Chan on that exact same verse (1 Corinthians 3:17) to give us a loving warning to the body of Christ against division.

Here is a recent statement Francis made in regards to people who divide and leave Church fellowship:

"There is this terrifying verse in 1 Timothy where Paul talked about two men who rejected the faith. Paul said that he had handed them over to Satan, by which he meant that he’d put them outside of the church (1:20). Basically, these men were actively opposing the works of God, so rather than pretending everything was fine, Paul removed them from the safety and blessings of the fellowship of believers. He was hoping that the misery of being separated from the church would lead them to repent. Are you catching the weight of this? Paul equated removal from the church with being handed over to Satan! It is crazy to me that we live in a time when people are voluntarily doing this to themselves! No church has placed them outside of the fellowship; instead, they’ve handed themselves over to Satan!"

What a sobering thought that those in our day in North America being critical of so much that is called Christian are doing to themselves what Paul the Apostle had to recommend Timothy to do to others as a last resort to have them repent of their pride and sins. 

We are living in a day where we are judging others and not ourselves. We are finding it easy to be critical of everything but our own sins we ourselves struggle with. 

Francis again shares on how God wants to send real unity to the body of Christ: 

"Real love, unity and blessing were supposed to be found in the church. Many are having a hard time finding that, so they’re setting off on their own. Jesus said that the world would see the supernatural unity and love we share in the church and believe in Him through that. But we’re not experiencing it. We’ve given up on it. We no longer believe it is possible."

Perhaps we can start to change our minds and start looking towards others with seeing their good and not bad, speaking blessings over others and not curses. Remember we are fitted together in a temple of God with all saints of all ages. And Francis gives the example of someone taking a sledgehammer to this temple. What a fearful thing to do, of course we would depart from such an individual for fear of what God Himself would do to him. As the Scripture says, "Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them" (Titus 3:10). 

ooooh brother.......don't heed what Frances says, because it is the Lord Himself taking a sledgehammer to His temple in these last days because it has fallen away from sound doctrine.....and He is warning us to come out of her that we not partake of her plagues.  Remember what happened to the temple in Jerusalem?  Don't think He wouldn't do it to "the church" in her apostasy.  There is nothing new under the sun my friend.  Judgment is beginning with HIS house.

Remember Jesus saying to think not that He came to bring peace but a sword.....a two edged sword dividing between bone and marrow and separating the sheep from the goats, the wheat from the tares.  Even Paul rose up to confront Peter in front of everyone when he was going badly off track and leading others astray....how divisive was that.

The true Body of Christ is not divided, but is one in Spirit with each other and with the Lord....by their fruits you shall know them.  There is a division that is absolutely appropriate and that is the division between the true church and the false counterfeit, between the true gospel and false gospels.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

18 hours ago, JTC said:

Whether there's 42,000, 33,000 or 10,000 this says a very bad thing about us. There shouldn't even be 1,000. I could understand maybe 10 or 20 denominations but with the hundreds of thousands that exist it says something is very wrong. Jesus implied that when he returns to earth that He'd find little to no real faith here. Seems like we're trying to prove Him right. I believe He wanted us to prove him wrong. 

When I read posts like this one (and too many others) I'm almost glad God has isolated me. Other than this board I don't know what's going on in Christendom. I don't like what I'm hearing. Jesus started 1 church and there should only be 1 church. If things are ever going to get better it has to start with everyone admitting there's a problem. We have to stop fighting.

God help us.

Don't be discouraged JTC.....the problem is basically this....that ever since Paul departed wolves came in a decimated the flock just as he said would happen.  With everyone running after all these different men, saying "I am of so-and-so, or I am of such-and-such"  rather than looking to Christ, as the Head of His Body.  That is what divides the flock, everyone following another head besides Christ.  BUT the thing is God has allowed these things to happen in order to test and try our hearts:

Deu 13:1-4

If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

Amen, the Lord is ruling and reigning in all these things....so HE is the one we are to serve, HE the one we are to follow, HE is the one we are to fear and worship, for HE alone is worthy.   Love HIM, not so-and-so or such-and-such.  Love the TRUTH and be found on His right side in the end.  And know that He always keeps for Himself a remnant......it has always really been about the remnant down through the ages, though everyone has an equal opportunity to be part of it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 2

18 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Contending only for truth , only for what HONORS GOD ,and this will be what edifies the body .   Everyone return to the first love , put down all other reads .

Just pick up the bible .   WE DO that and we start their and things will get cleared up   . BUT if we cling to things we THINK and ideals we may have learned from men

and other books,  and I am telling us all, it will just be bickering and bickering . EVERYONE as a child . LETS pick THOSE bibles up  .  even those who by grace

have read the bible for hours daily for many years .  JUST pick up BIBLES ONLY and watch how fast we could learn and would grow in grace .

What I say next is true .  We are being lied too by many .    SO when I say BIBLE ONLY ,   I mean bible only .    Many are under a wrong unity spirit

we need the RIGHT UNITY which is CHRIST FIRST , which means BIBLE time .    What men are doing now , trying to unite the faiths , FORGET IT .

instead start uniting UNDER THE TRUTH .    IF we do this , THE TRUE LAMBS WILL GATHER .  the other move is all wrong .  I know it may not seem like it is,

But believe me , its all rome led , EVEN if folks don't realize this . IT IS .

SO we need only learn that bible very well.   IF we just share IT and not pre conceived ideals , but just the scrips ,  WE WILL grow .  

AMEN brother....wherever CHRIST is the Head of His Body....there is unity IN HIM.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

AMEN brother....wherever CHRIST is the Head of His Body....there is unity IN HIM.

And let all sound out a PRAISE to THE LORD .   That's right sister .    

• Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

No, not really. If that is what they think, they are no longer evangelical, they have just become nominal Christians, Christians in name only who call might call themselves evangelicals. Evangelicals know there is only one way to God, and that God is not okay with all religions. They are abominations, but those in them are still objects of His intense love who He wants us to reach. That is WHY we are evangelicals, because we evangelize the lost, bringing them the good news of salvation the only way there is, through faith in the virtuous life, the sacrificial death, and the victorious resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth, God's only begotten Son.

Sadly most are mouth only .   cant argue with that and I wont . 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

ooooh brother.......don't heed what Frances says, because it is the Lord Himself taking a sledgehammer to His temple in these last days because it has fallen away from sound doctrine.....and He is warning us to come out of her that we not partake of her plagues.  Remember what happened to the temple in Jerusalem?  Don't think He wouldn't do it to "the church" in her apostasy.  There is nothing new under the sun my friend.  Judgment is beginning with HIS house.

Remember Jesus saying to think not that He came to bring peace but a sword.....a two edged sword dividing between bone and marrow and separating the sheep from the goats, the wheat from the tares.  Even Paul rose up to confront Peter in front of everyone when he was going badly off track and leading others astray....how divisive was that.

The true Body of Christ is not divided, but is one in Spirit with each other and with the Lord....by their fruits you shall know them.  There is a division that is absolutely appropriate and that is the division between the true church and the false counterfeit, between the true gospel and false gospels.

That's right sister .    sound it out .   And let all who name the name of Christ depart and have no unity with any other who brings not the one true gospel

and who preaches not the ONE TRUE CHRIST .    it was bad enough in pauls day their were some just heedin any other gospel and any other jesus ,  BUT PAUL would have none of it .

AND NOR WILL WE .    One thing I want us to ponder real deep .    We all know churches by and large have been tanking .

BUT LOOK AT IT TODAY .   THE VERY FOUNDATION of the ENTIRE GOSPLE is not only been trod under in heart , but now even in heart and mouth THEY HOLLER all paths valid .

THIS IS that GREAT FALLING AWAY that was to come right nigh the end .    I mean now a days not only is sin honored , which is evil and vile enough .

THEY TAKING JESUS OUT as the ONLY NAME TO BE SAVED .     AND worse we got churches cheering it on as GODS LOVE .     NO , GODS LOVE

is that HE SENT HIS ONLY SON as THE ONLY SAVOIR , THE ONLY NAME , THE ONLY WAY to be saved .  HIS LOVE don't TROD HIS SON UNDER FOOT .

THIS IS SATANS PLAN ALL ALONG .  SATAN desires to be worshipped as god and so he removes JESUS as the INHERITOR who holds the keys and sells this sorry wicked

inclusive lie .    THIS IS THAT massive end time GREAT FALLING AWAY .  and folks think its GODS LOVE   .  talk about a strong delusion .

WHEN the not only is this lie being accepted .     LOOK WHO BEGAN IT ,    pretenders in our own religion .   YEAH IT CAME FROM ones in our religion .

FROM ROME the one who THINKS she holds the keys .     reminds me of the parable .   Where they say COME , LET us kill him and the INHERITANCE SHALL BE OURS .

• This is Worthy 1

25 minutes ago, SelahSong said:

Yes, these are perilous times we're living in today.  Lots of Confusion (Babylon). It seems with each new day, evil gets even more evil.  But we have the victory in the end because Jesus has overcome the world and death (Satan) is swallowed up. Hallelujah!

SING THAT SONG .     WE have the victory WHY ....................BECAUSE THE ONLY NAME WHEREBY a man can be saved , CHRIST JESUS the KING o kings and LORD of lords .

SING it for all the world to hear .    THAT IN CHRIST is ETERNAL LIFE .   OH let it spring forth from HOLY GHOST springs of water welling up inside those who are HIS .

POINTING not to man nor anything created ,BUT ONLY TO CHRIST who BY GOD CREATED ALL THINGS .     OH LET IT JUST FLOOD THE PLACES , the hills , the valleys

THAT IN CHRIST ALONE IS SALVATION GIVEN .   AND LET the people ARISE AND SHOWER OUT PRAISES OF THANKSGIVING UNTO HE WHO HAS SAVED US

and can KEEP us from falling .   SING IT ONE AND SING IT ALL .    

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You can't hang out with, and openly bless people like Todd White, Mike Bickle, and John Piper, and not get corrupted by their false teaching.

Seems like this sort of statement is part of the problem. We perhaps hesitate to consider certain teachers as offering false teachings, just because we disagree with their convictions. Maybe when we do that, it is we who are the false teachers. For example, I have read quite a bit of John Piper, and watched a few of his videos.

I get that there are plenty of people who believe that the theology of the protestant reformers, such as the doctrines of grace like once saved always save, or predestination, election etc, are incorrect. There are those than think that a pre-trib rapture theory is not scripturally supportable. That is fine, convictions vary, and we are entitled, even properly should, submit to the convictions that we believe we get from the Holy Spirit and the study of God's word.

These differences need not create divisions, that is a result of human error, not necessarily because of false doctrines. If we want to address false doctrine, then we should expose them, and what it is that makes them false according to scripture. Accusing individuals as false teachers with some blanket statement is not fair without evidence. 

By the way, I disagree with your premise, that hanging out with certain people automatically leads to being corrupted by their false teaching. If you are right on that, why should I listed to what you have to says, since you hang out in these forums with a lot of people that i am sure, you consider to be, false teachers, as you probably consider me to be! So, with all of this interaction, how have you personally been corrupted?

By the way, I am not endorsing Mr. Chan, I do not know enough about him to endorse nor to renounce him.

• Thumbs Up 1