why have God forsaken me?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

the issues in my life keep piling up. some prayers went unanswered. Today i was thinking "what would you do if it is your child?" as in put one on another shoes and realize everyone is someone's child. and then i realized " i am His child" but i can't move Him at the same time.

i am in so much pain and isolation right now, i just could not do it anymore!

Where are you Lord, why have you ABANDONED ME!

i CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Consider the book of Job. He was well-off, but then lost everything. He was hungry, diseased, and deeply troubled. He posed a very similar question. If you haven't read it lately, I would certainly take a gander.

It is in conflict that we grow, especially conflict of the spirit. Imagine it like we're always moving forward. We may set down our tents every now and again to rest, but if we grow too complacent and comfortable in our camp, try to settle in our little nooks, then we will cease to continue forward. It might suck to be in a bad situation or circumstance, but that conflict is the exact opposite of being forsaken. Maintain your patience, Equippers, and have faith. Look at this as an opportunity to grow and learn, rather than as an impossible obstacle.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, Equippers said:

the issues in my life keep piling up. some prayers went unanswered. Today i was thinking "what would you do if it is your child?" as in put one on another shoes and realize everyone is someone's child. and then i realized " i am His child" but i can't move Him at the same time.

i CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!

Hi Equippers,

Life can seem like that, and we think God has forsaken us. NEVER!!! What is happening is that all the `I want this or that, or fix this or that,` squashed out of us. We are so `I want....` focussed, that it takes us to come to the end of our pitiful selves to really, actually mean it, ask God what He desires. And then wait, be patient, till some attitude or behaviour is highlighted, that needs changing.

At the bottom the only way in UP!

Marilyn.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

On 11/28/2018 at 11:30 PM, Equippers said:

i am in so much pain and isolation right now

In my personal life, when I am in a crisis and need the Fathers help, His answer seems to always arrive at the very last minute. When all hope is gone and I have started making preparations for the worse to come. Later, when it passes and I look back, I realize Gods loving hands were always there. Like He paused and observed my reactions to their conclusion before He cupped His hands to pick me back up again.

God tells us in 1 Peter: “You may have to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire- may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.”

Edited by Scott Free
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Hi Equippers...

Do you listen to Christian music? I do. It certainly helps me to take my mind off of myself and puts it on Jesus :) 

I posted a song for you in Christian Music.

It is a song by Chris Tomlin ~ I Will Rise

Be Blessed!

I Will Rise 

There's a peace I have come to know.

Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And rise
I will rise

And I hear the voice of many angels sing,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb"

And I hear the voice of many angels sing,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb"

And rise
I will rise

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

11 minutes ago, Cletus said:

in the beginning God made the heaven and the earth.  He made the dry land, and on it there are mountains...

look at the mountains... big rocks with snow caps.  no trees or grass right?

only in the valleys do things grow. 

you have value to God.  the gifts and the calling are without repentance.  you are worth more than a bunch of little birds... and God feeds them. 

the thing about when we get to the place we cant do it anymore is... we cant.  God wants us to lean on Him.  with Him we can.  Never will I leave you, Never will I forsake you, He said.  He even said every tear of yours, He has in a bottle, and every hair has a number... not that He knows the number of hairs on your head... but that every hair has a number. 

dont give up, because when God gets done with this chapter of your life, you will be wiser, and you will have greater faith.  Just keep being faithful to pray and praise and thank Him and to respect and honor Him and His ways. 

You are being grown in Spirit.    being up on the mountain top, well its great and the view is breathtaking, but you got to go thru the valley sometimes.  keep in mind what God does for you is always for your good. 

Only in the valleys do things grow.

How true!        The Bible says....” blessed men GO THROUGH valleys of weeping”——- key words being” go through”

“God is close to those whose hearts are breaking”

I know it’s easy to say when we are not the ones being tested.....but God will enable you....He gives us tough shoes for tough journeys.God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:30 PM, Equippers said:

i CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!

God hasn't forsaken or abandoned you. Yield to Him and stop resisting the thing He is requiring of you. Cast not away your confidence and seek God's kingdom as a first priority instead of elevating yourself and your needs above everything else. Give glory, praise, and honour to God first before praying for your needs. God is not at fault, He never is!!!

Rom 12:1-3
(1)  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
(2)  And be not conformed to this world: but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
(3)  For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

thank you everyone i appreciate you taking the time out to respond.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hi, thanks for sharing and reaching out. Jesus also felt the same way, so this is where you turn to Him about this. His power works best in weakness, and He will turn it around for you, as long as you obtain (and retain) your relationship with Him