• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

not the time for women's social chatter or asking and debating of endless questions.....that would be irreverent and disruptive...

This actually took place in my home church. But it was a man that was interrupting the pastor and adding his own words to his sermon. It was me, a women who was annoyed by it as I wanted to listen to what the pastor said. Well the matter was taken care of and is now no longer an issue.  Interesting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33

24 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Me too! Especially from my wife whom I label a Feminazi  ?

HA. That describes my EX wife, but I didn't know it until after she ended the 20 year marriage. My current wife of 21 years is anything but.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

May I add in addition to what Shiloh has said, it was the custom at that time for the women to be separated from the men, the women sat on one side and the men on the other, so, when the gift of teaching was anointed by the Holy Spirit 1 Jn 2:27 it would be very disruptive for a woman to interrupt God to ask her husband what was the meaning of what she had just heard.  The same principle is in force today, when someone is enlightened by the Holy Spirit's teaching and cries out in agreement because they understand the Word more clearly.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

...as they have both said they will not discuss their views openly.

Well, to be fair, I've found that with most women (and some men) it is best to remain silent if I disagree with them. But I have a hard time remaining silent - and I also tend to agree with you in this thread.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

So in another thread, I was accused of behaving like a cheery picking liberal Christian and of not believing that what Paul says is applicable to follow in today's world.  So I wanted to get some feed back about a passage that Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians.   Which says: 

Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.  If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

I myself do not know of any church that completely follows this passage of scripture. If you attend a church that dose follow this completely, or you yourself follow it ? How is it carried out?   Are all the women in your church silent not allowed to speak at all? As Paul seems to be saying here? How dose that work?  Also I don't understand what Paul means here by saying "as the law says". I thought that when Christ died, we were free from following "the Law".  What law is Paul referring to here? 

So anyway, I welcome your feedback on this and I will not try to do anything to change your mind on your thoughts about this passage. Though I may pop in a comment here and there.  

I once heard a teaching that taught that this scripture along with the one about women having  long hair also the teaching about slavery. 

It was saying that Jesus came to bring righteousness to the world. He did not come to change the customs of the day, some that where very unrighteous. Righteousness, as it would be brought to light more and more by the fact the Gospel was being put forth,  would in time change the unrighteous customs to righteous customs. I’m not saying I’m 100% convinced but thought it was a interesting take. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Ahh. Feminazi banishment rings true. Speaking from that distant gulag, I still have to smile. I imagine the Lord rolling around and falling off Hi fiery throne in laughter at some of the things we say...

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93

Well so fare from reading what many of you have posted. It seems that I may not be a cherry picking, liberal Christian after all. I should note that I never thought that I was in the first place. But we are only on the third page of this thread so who knows where we will go with this. Carry on. 

• Followers:  15
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

10 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

This actually took place in my home church. But it was a man that was interrupting the pastor and adding his own words to his sermon. It was me, a women who was annoyed by it as I wanted to listen to what the pastor said. Well the matter was taken care of and is now no longer an issue.  Interesting. 

I don't know if I worded that very well or not.  I didn't intend to demean social chatter at all, it certainly has its place and its value and is part of being human....just should not be loud and involving the whole group during a meeting while prayer and worship is going on.  Apparently Paul was dealing with disruptions from women at that church at that time....though the principles remain at all times.   Not sure what was going on with respect to asking questions...whether some of the women were challenging the men or just calling out questions in a disruptive manner.  Times were different and sense of manners and propriety I think might not have been the same as our society at present...and these were mostly new believers who were in process of being taught.  I could be wrong but I'm gathering that Paul in general was trying to establish the proper sense of orderliness and not interrupting or distracting from the proceedings.

• This is Worthy 1

11 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well so fare from reading what many of you have posted. It seems that I may not be a cherry picking, liberal Christian after all. I should note that I never thought that I was in the first place. But we are only on the third page of this thread so who knows where we will go with this. Carry on. 

Everybody cherry picks. :)

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Hardly a fair and unbiased poll. What is your position on this clarifying passage?

1 Timothy 2:11-14 KJV
[11] Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. [12] But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. [13] For Adam was first formed, then Eve. [14] And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Do you buck against that?

That right there nails my biggest concern about female teachers - I believe they are more easily deceived than men. I find it very difficult to take the "live" biblical teaching of ANY woman seriously. But the older I get, I am careful to believe anyone without doing my own bible search on the subject.

• Thumbs Up 1