• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 minutes ago, AgedLace said:

Can you please clarify to me how suggesting someone ask God their questions and asking Him to show them through His WORD [i.e. Scripture taking priority!] is suggesting a spiritual feeling or intution is the authority?

You are bypassing how The Holy Spirit does so through teachers... People New Born yet not knowing God's Word or framework of same cannot just read and understand... just as you have stated there are two baptisms when God's Word teaches only of one... 

Guest AgedLace
10 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

We ask God to direct us in His Word through s/Spiritually inspired teachers that we may teach others also … so as born again possessors of God The Holy Spirit we have the unction to discern truth as we yield to His already learned truth of the Word within us... Sanctification!

So you're saying we have to ask God to direct us to an intermediary instead of being able to ask Him to show us directly?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Just now, AgedLace said:

So you're saying we have to ask God to direct us to an intermediary instead of being able to ask Him to show us directly?  

What does God's Word say :) 

Heb 5:12-14

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
KJV

Guest AgedLace
Just now, enoob57 said:

You are bypassing how The Holy Spirit does so through teachers... People New Born yet not knowing God's Word or framework of same cannot just read and understand... just as you have stated there are two baptisms when God's Word teaches only of one... 

I'm sorry.  I must humbly disagree with you.  I do not find *any* Scripture that supports this assumption that just because God *does* give us teachers, that we are only permitted, biblically speaking, to ask God to direct us to a human intermediary instead of getting our answers from the Author of Scripture Himself. 

And this does not answer my question as to how my suggesting people get their answers directly from God is giving priority to feelings or intuition.

5 minutes ago, AgedLace said:

I'm sorry.  I must humbly disagree with you.  I do not find *any* Scripture that supports this assumption that just because God *does* give us teachers, that we are only permitted, biblically speaking, to ask God to direct us to a human intermediary instead of getting our answers from the Author of Scripture Himself. 

And this does not answer my question as to how my suggesting people get their answers directly from God is giving priority to feelings or intuition.

When you demand God to come to you directly with answers when He purposed to do so with teachers- you are in fact demanding in yourself authority outside of the Scriptural design and how you internalize by feeling or intuition as the the answer from God... but How do you prove this? This is what is called subjective truth … but the Word itself is objective truth... Jesus said it many many times 'it is written'

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
KJV

Guest AgedLace
Just now, enoob57 said:

When you demand God to come to you directly with answers when He purposed to do so with teachers- you are in fact demanding in yourself authority outside of the Scriptural design and how you internalize by feeling or intuition is the answer from God but How do you prove this? This is what is called subjective truth … but the Word itself is objective truth...

I would never presume to *demand* anything from God. 

My Bible tells me that while He does give us human teachers, He also sent us the Holy Spirit to be our Teacher; and that I can ask, seek and knock and He will answer me.  In fact, James 1:5 *promises* me that if *any* lacks wisdom let him ask of God who gives liberally and without reproach.  His word does *not* say I have to ask Him to send me to someone else in order to teach me the things of which I am seeking Him on.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Days Won:  1

58 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

That scripture is saying not everyone speaks in tongues. 

Is speaking in tongues proof of the Holy Spirit baptism? that scripture appears to say it isnt, its a gift some have, and some dont.

• Thumbs Up 2

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:39 AM, AgedLace said:

I would never presume to *demand* anything from God. 

My Bible tells me that while He does give us human teachers, He also sent us the Holy Spirit to be our Teacher; and that I can ask, seek and knock and He will answer me.  In fact, James 1:5 *promises* me that if *any* lacks wisdom let him ask of God who gives liberally and without reproach.  His word does *not* say I have to ask Him to send me to someone else in order to teach me the things of which I am seeking Him on.

This is not what we have examined in Scripture.... so what you are clinging to here is what actually? Something you have always been taught that is true or The Scriptures say

KJV

Because this is what they say and it is not matching to what you are saying... what exactly is wrong with using the whole council of God in this? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

This is not what we have examined in Scripture.... so what you are clinging to here is what actually? Something you have always been taught that is true or The Scriptures say

KJV

Because this is what they say and it is not matching to what you are... what exactly is wrong with using the whole council of God in this? 

where do I find a teacher

Guest AgedLace
Just now, enoob57 said:

KJV

Because this is what they say and it is not matching to what you are... what exactly is wrong with using the whole council of God in this? 

So, did Paul err when he did not seek teaching from the apostles?

[Gal 1:11 NASB]
For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.

[Gal 1:12 NASB]
For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but [I received it] through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

[Gal 1:15 NASB]
But when God, who had set me apart [even] from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, was pleased

[Gal 1:16 NASB]
to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with flesh and blood,

[Gal 1:17 NASB]
nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went away to Arabia, and returned once more to Damascus.

[Gal 1:18 NASB]
Then three years later I went up to Jerusalem to become acquainted with Cephas, and stayed with him fifteen days.

[Gal 1:19 NASB]
But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lord's brother.