• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/22/1961

Faither2, I am trying to understand the point of this conversation. Can you please tell me what point you are trying to make? I mean nothing rude here. I simply don't understand. I am new to the whole forum chat thing. Thanks.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,939
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 hours ago, Cogito...what? said:

Faither2, I am trying to understand the point of this conversation. Can you please tell me what point you are trying to make? I mean nothing rude here. I simply don't understand. I am new to the whole forum chat thing. Thanks.

Hi Cogito, It's been 11 days since Faither2 checked in to Worthy Christian, so this might be a dead thread if he has backed off. It happens with some posters who stir up a lot of controversy and then disappear. Call them Raiders if that's not being derogatory. God bless the Raiders, may they know your goodness and mercy, Lord. Welcome to Worthy, Cogito. I look forward to your contributions.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,584
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 1/12/2019 at 10:36 AM, faither 2 said:

I'm new to the group and glad to be here.

I thought I would propose a question to you all to get a sense of what your understanding of Faith is, and how it's applied.

I'm sure we all agree, " salvation is by Grace, through Faith ." 

But what is your specific understanding of how Faith is applied that results in recieving the Spirit of Christ?

Thanks .

Shalom, faither 2.

My understanding of faith is simply that "faith" and "trust" are used synonymously. "Belief" is NOT the same as "faith." Anyone can "believe" anything! I can do the math and physics to decide that a rickety old chair can hold my weight, but when it looks so flimsy, do I put my trust in it? Do I put my faith in it and sit down? Perhaps not!

Faith is not about us directly. Faith is all about GOD! Faith is simply the measure by which we trust God for something. It's not something that we look to ourselves to increase. We look rather to GOD! Do we look to Him to increase OUR faith? NO! That's backward! It's wrong-headed thinking about what "faith" is!

Instead, we should be looking to GOD! Look in the Scriptures to see how big and powerful God really is! Look in the Scriptures to see how big His heart toward us is! THIS will "increase our faith!" Not by doing anything in us, but when we see the love of God toward us and how powerful and capable He is to do what we ask Him to do, we can have CONFIDENCE in HIM that He can do it! THAT'S "faith!"

The real issue, then, is not our faith; it's how much are we in line with what HE wants for us! We have to be on the same page with Him, if we expect Him to answer our requests. God is MUCH MORE than capable to answer any request we have. He LOVES us SO MUCH that He would gladly do whatever is good for us! We just have to make sure that what we request IS good for us (if it's really about "us" after all)!

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 1/12/2019 at 7:36 AM, faither 2 said:

I thought I would propose a question to you all to get a sense of what your understanding of Faith is, and how it's applied.

But what is your specific understanding of how Faith is applied that results in recieving the Spirit of Christ?

Thanks .

We need to obey the Lord, trust (have faith) him, and be in constant prayer (1 Thess 5:17). In our prayer we have fellowship with the Lord- receive his spirit.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

On 1/14/2019 at 12:43 PM, faither 2 said:

My question to the group is .

What specifically is involved in the taking of the first step of Faith in relation to Christ?

DOUBT!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

i think it's common for many to think of faith and belief as synonyms.  But despite the similarities in common use, Biblically they are different and distinct.  And there's a world of revelation in the difference.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

3 hours ago, Jostler said:

i think it's common for many to think of faith and belief as synonyms.  But despite the similarities in common use, Biblically they are different and distinct.  And there's a world of revelation in the difference.

You have no idea!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

On 1/12/2019 at 5:36 AM, faither 2 said:

Like I said, doubt, ...as children we know there is a God, just like Paul tells us:

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:  Rom 1:20

For example, as children many of us memorized the  Ten Commandments, the Lord's Prayer and the 23rd Psalms, we memorized them without knowing what they meant, then as we grew and matured we were taught in school the wisdom of the world and we came to the point where we no longer believed in God, we believed and followed the lust of our flesh, the lust of our eyes and the pride of life, we lived a life of sin having seared our consciences to God's morality.

Then came an event into our lives, a catastrophe, that turned our lives upside down, that took away all of our secure foundations that were based on the wisdom and things of this world, at this time, in a moment, doubt entered into our lives, what caused the doubt is explained to us in Gen 1:3:

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

That's right, ...God shone His LIGHT into our wasted, empty and dark world, our darkened spirit, to reveal our true state, ...lost, cut off from, outside of, the blessing and communion with God that our great, great, great grandfather Adam had experienced.

At this time there are two paths before us, a broad one and a narrow one, doubt enters our mind, do we take the broad path and go with our friends, listen to their advice, or do we stand alone, contemplating that narrow path, the one we know, the other one we don't, ...doubt, which one should I chose, ...however, if we chose to take the narrow path the wheels in Heaven are set in motion, Father starts to supernaturally naturally orchestrate divine rendezvous, ...we meet, we come in contact with His children, we start "going" to church, we start reading God's Word, we instinctively go back and read what had been planted in us as children, we hear everyone talking about Jesus, who's Jesus(?), ...doubt, ...then the LIGHT shines again into our darkened spirit, ...Jesus is God(!),  we believe, not from our own reasoning, we believe because we have been given faith to believe, ...and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.

We've been attending church, listening to the pastor teach on many subjects, repentance, holiness, mercy, grace, Heaven, Hell, ...not really understanding what he is saying, then comes the moment when we're reading the Word or listening to a teaching, we've heard the Gospel message, ...when a certain verse literally jumps off of the page into our face, piercing our heart, it's like a mortal wound, the LIGHT is so intense, ...we see our sin, ...which path, narrow or broad, Jesus or the world, Heaven or Hell, ...doubt, OR, ...faith? 

If we chose in faith that Jesus Christ died in our place, took on Himself our sin, according to Scripture, was buried and rose again on the third day, according to Scripture, then we are born again, a new creation in Christ, having received the Holy Spirit to give us His life and come and live inside of us for all of Eternity.  

The Bible is full of illustrations where doubt causes us to grow in faith, ...Father actually uses our doubt to build our faith, the greatest example of this is the Book of Habakkuk, Habakkuk asks God a question, God answers him which causes Habakkuk to doubt God, God speaks, reveals to him, ...the just lives by his faith, ...and in the rest of the book Habakkuk reveals his faith in God.

Father takes our doubt and uses it to build our faith, ...as we grow in the Grace and the Knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, ...putting of the old man and putting on the new.

Because, ...because, ...when we come to the end of our pilgrimage on this world, when we are in front of the door between this world and Eternity, when we take our last breath, Father wants our faith to be so strong, without any doubt, that we can say, ...Father, into Your Hands I commit my spirit!  

I hope this helps,

Lord bless

Edited by JustPassingThru
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

16 hours ago, faither 2 said:

You have no idea!

well fill me in :)

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/12/2019 at 9:36 AM, faither 2 said:

Thanks .

The ancient Jews did not think of faith as something to "apply".  They did not try to box in faith with a definition, nor should they have,  nor should we today.

When Yahweh spoke,  through the prophets,  they either listened and obeyed or they rebelled ....

Today, if you hear Jesus' Voice,  follow Him and do not rebel like they did in the wilderness and perished.  That's pretty much it , isn't it?   To live,  or not to live,  that is the question.

Oh,  and as for receiving anything from the Father in heaven - as written:  no man can receive anything (nor understand anything),  unless it is granted from the Father in heaven.  

Sheer grace,  unearned,  unmerited,  as written.

• Praise God! 1