• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, other one said:

Why in the world do you want open borders in the first place.

You see here is the thing. I don't think anyone  against the Wall is saying "lets just open up the borders and let everyone through".  That is some nonsense that got started by someone.     What is being said is that this Wall that Trump wants is an ineffective way to deal with the problem.  Almost 40 percent of all undocumented immigrants come by plane and they overstay their visas. 

So what's next then? Build a giant dome around the country to keep plans out?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

You see here is the thing. I don't think anyone  against the Wall is saying "lets just open up the borders and let everyone through".  That is some nonsense that got started by someone.    

Its not "nonsense started by someone". In the last governor election in my state, in november, the losing democrat candidate was video'd stating he wanted open borders. Various groups have as their agenda open borders. There is at least one website devoted to promoting open borders. A usatoday article touted open borders last year. The atlantic, the economist, various other major publications also have promoted open borders in their articles. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Its not "nonsense started by someone". In the last governor election in my state, in november, the losing democrat candidate was video'd stating he wanted open borders. Various groups have as their agenda open borders. There is at least one website devoted to promoting open borders. A usatoday article touted open borders last year. The atlantic, the economist, various other major publications also have promoted open borders in their articles. 

It's this whole assuming stuff that I am talking about.  Saying that if someone is against the Wall that they must be for open borders then. It is a narrow away of thinking.  

Guest PinkBelt
14 hours ago, other one said:

I'm sure they will do that in a liberal court, but it will be turned over in the Supreme Court as so many other things do....   Ninth Circuit has almost all their decisions overturned that are taken to higher courts...   will just slow it down for a few weeks.                The President can legally do this because of the laws that congress has passed in the past.....    so why in the world are you against what they have allowed him to do.

Why in the world do you want open borders in the first place.

I don't really give a whit about liberal vs conservative, I care about right and wrong.

Trump is not our emperor and cannot just wave his hand and make it so, not for a state of emergency or anything else. He has to follow procedure including submitting to congress the nature of the emergency. Congress, not Trump, then authorizes militia forces and authorizes spending. They can also grant permission to suspend habeas corpus (something I'd be deeply concerned about were I you). It also means Trump can bring felony charges without going through a grand jury and engage in war without congressional approval under certain circumstances.

I think the greater question you should be asking is not my position on open borders, but why you are so willing to submit to an authoritarian and surrender your rights.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, I'm 72 years old and I haven't surrendered any  rights other than internet snooping that I have ways of working around, so I'm not sure what rights you are talking about.

Presidents in the past have asked for the authority to do the things you write of, because at times our congress puts politics ahead of what's good for the country....   they can not do anything quickly and that's where the authorities you write of comes...…     but from my point of view this president is very reluctant to use those authorities if there is any other way.

That's what this three week thing is about.....   to show that the Democrat leadership is not willing to do what they have done in the past.   They are trying to create a "Read my lips, no new taxes' situation as they did with Bush 41 that cost him reelection.....    I find it really hard to understand why a person like yourself would stand behind such people.

This is off topic I know. But whatever happen to the rebuilding and or improving our roads and bridges that Trump said he would do? Now that would be something I could get behind and support. But all I ever hear from Trump is his Wall. 

From my point of view, all I have seen this president try to do is take away people's health insurance, ban refuges seeking asylum,  replace poor people's food stamps with a box, rant about fake news,  and demand a wall.  He is just not winning me over. :off-topic:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,783
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

The point of borders is something that is Biblical -- even in the millennial reign of Jesus.  Read Ezekiel 48 when the Lord returns ... amazingly the tribes all have specific borders mentioned.  So how does on establish a border?  This is really the issue.   Personally, this is a no brainer issue.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the reason people know another persons property clearly defined borders.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, LadyKay said:

This is off topic I know. But whatever happen to the rebuilding and or improving our roads and bridges that Trump said he would do? Now that would be something I could get behind and support. But all I ever hear from Trump is his Wall. 

From my point of view, all I have seen this president try to do is take away people's health insurance, ban refuges seeking asylum,  replace poor people's food stamps with a box, rant about fake news,  and demand a wall.  He is just not winning me over. :off-topic:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/president-trumps-plan-rebuild-americas-infrastructure/

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/12/cashing-in-on-trumps-1-trillion-rebuilding-america-plan.html

Guest PinkBelt
22 hours ago, Cletus said:

I care about right and wrong too,  and illegal immigration is against the law and wrong according to what God's instructions are in The Book.  It is also against the law to give them a job.  It's also not right that actual Americans pay so very much to fund them with programs that pay for their recreational centers, heated swimming pools and padded floor gymnasiums with volleyball courts down close to the border because they are a "minority". But when I was down in the valley doing some work building these rec centers, I saw a white couple at Walmart and the lady pointed at us and said to her husband "Honey look it's white people" because you don't see white people down there.  You see cop cars pulling up to dope houses and people scattering like cockroaches when the lights are turned on, then someone comes out the house and throws a wad of money in. The cop car throws a real big white bag out the window back at them.  You also see the sheriff on the TV news speaking about how his son was arrested for smuggling drugs by the feds, but he has a worried look on his face the whole time saying we will continue to run this department with integrity. You also see on the news how there are programs to pay for a 16 year old's daycare so she can put her multiple children in daycare to finish school. No programs for Americans and they don't even speak English on those channels down there.  How many anchor babies have the American taxpayer paid for and how much help does an American get with their babies? How many have been murdered by people coming across the border and raped? 

How can someone not see that the wall is good?  Anyone in opposition to the wall is against Americans and America.  Opinions not needed, facts are facts. 

I apologize in advance for altering your post slightly, but the spelling and grammar made it very difficult to read.

The bible does not say what you think it says about immigrants. The following verses are a small snippet of many:

Deuteronomy 10:19

"Love the sojourner, therefore, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt."

Leviticus 19:33-34

“When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Malachi 3:5

“Then I will draw near to you for judgment. I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who swear falsely, against those who oppress the hired worker in his wages, the widow and the fatherless, against those who thrust aside the sojourner, and do not fear me, says the Lord of hosts.

Leviticus 24:22

You shall have the same rule for the sojourner and for the native, for I am the Lord your God.”

- Illegals actually create jobs because of their immediate spending and getting rid of them could actually put millions of Americans out of work according to studies.

- The taxes generated by illegals is higher then what we spend on them so they actually create a net profit. They are not sucking up American jobs and money like some would have you to believe.

- 6 million illegals paid federal income tax last year which funded many programs they are not entitled to, like medicare and social security.

- Because illegals are paid less then Americans many services are cheaper then they would otherwise be.

Obviously it isn't okay to break the law but I follow the bible and what God commands with respect to sojourners in my land. Kicking out children who have never known another home through no fault of their own or sending people back to war zones is not Christian or particularly humane in my estimation.

The reason the media, especially "conservative" media, likes to blame illegals for your economic woes is because they don't want you to look around at the people who actually are stealing your taxes and hard work. Corporations and the extremely wealthy who consistently get massive tax breaks they don't need at the rest of the nations expense. They want to cut CHIP, social security, medicare and so on. All to keep funding their tax cuts because these wealthy people need to have just a little more. Everyone needs to stop blaming illegals for their economic woes and focus upward.

Edited by PinkBelt

Guest PinkBelt
15 hours ago, other one said:

Well, I'm 72 years old and I haven't surrendered any rights other than internet snooping that I have ways of working around, so I'm not sure what rights you are talking about.

Presidents in the past have asked for the authority to do the things you write of, because at times our congress puts politics ahead of what's good for the country. They cannot do anything quickly and that's where the authorities you write of comes, but from my point of view this president is very reluctant to use those authorities if there is any other way.

That's what this three week thing is about,  to show that the Democrat leadership is not willing to do what they have done in the past. They are trying to create a "Read my lips, no new taxes situation as they did with Bush 41 that cost him re-election. I find it really hard to understand why a person like yourself would stand behind such people.

I didn't say you surrendered any, I said willing to surrender. I listed some of the rights that would be lost... do you not know what habeas corpus is?

What does "person like yourself" mean exactly?

Edited by PinkBelt