Walk Softly

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Have you ever heard someone say that we need to approach a topic without God so that we can stand on neutral ground?  Or, perhaps they tout a neutral approach to the evidence at hand? 

This is a common approach amongst unbelievers when discussing evidence of this or that.  Many Christians seem tempted to set their Bibles aside and try to argue towards God, rather than from God in order to remain neutral. 

Does the Bible weigh in on neutrality?

Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
Matthew 12:30 

The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.
Romans 8:7

You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
James 4:4

Since it is clear that the Bible says there is no neutral ground, the idea of neutrality seems to be unbiblical.  Further, it is a self-refuting claim.  To claim neutrality would be to claim that the Bible is wrong.  

When the unbeliever claims that they are neutral, they have just claimed that the Bible is wrong.   That is not neutral ground.  You are either with Him, or against Him.  Don't allow them to pull you into that trap and force you to argue towards God, instead of from God.  

You cannot defend the Bible by abandoning it at the onset of the debate, or you've already lost.  

Next time someone asks you to be, or claims to themselves be neutral, remember that they aren't.  And you shouldn't be either.  

Everyone, without exception, interprets evidence based on their worldview and no worldview is neutral. 

We must hold fast to the ultimate authority of the Bible, at all times. 

He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
Titus 1:9

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Just another lie from Satan. 

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

Have you ever heard someone say that we need to approach a topic without God so that we can stand on neutral ground?  Or, perhaps they tout a neutral approach to the evidence at hand? 

This is a common approach amongst unbelievers when discussing evidence of this or that.  Many Christians seem tempted to set their Bibles aside and try to argue towards God, rather than from God in order to remain neutral. 

Does the Bible weigh in on neutrality?

Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
Matthew 12:30 

The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.
Romans 8:7

You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
James 4:4

Since it is clear that the Bible says there is no neutral ground, the idea of neutrality seems to be unbiblical.  Further, it is a self-refuting claim.  To claim neutrality would be to claim that the Bible is wrong.  

When the unbeliever claims that they are neutral, they have just claimed that the Bible is wrong.   That is not neutral ground.  You are either with Him, or against Him.  Don't allow them to pull you into that trap and force you to argue towards God, instead of from God.  

You cannot defend the Bible by abandoning it at the onset of the debate, or you've already lost.  

Next time someone asks you to be, or claims to themselves be neutral, remember that they aren't.  And you shouldn't be either.  

Everyone, without exception, interprets evidence based on their worldview and no worldview is neutral. 

We must hold fast to the ultimate authority of the Bible, at all times. 

He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
Titus 1:9

i couldn't agree more, i was talking about divorce this site and the responses i got made me very mad indeed, people distort the scriptures for their own sins, its a sad state of affairs when believers don't follow the word

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

3 minutes ago, noblenut said:

i was talking about divorce this site and the responses i got made me very mad indeed, people distort the scriptures for their own sins, its a sad state of affairs when believers don't follow the word

. . . and when that happens, the will stand accountable to God for that. Meanwhile, sometimes people just disagree one what it is that the word of God actually says. Who among us, can claim to be the infallible interpreter? People not only need to follow the word, they need to follow their convictions and not violate their conscious - hopefully all those things are aligned.

• Thumbs Up 1

u dont interpret scripture the spirit gives understanding in your heart if u believe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, noblenut said:

u dont interpret scripture the spirit gives understanding in your heart if u believe

Wrong, the Bible is the Word of God and inspired by the Holy Spirit, and if you want to know if your understanding is right, then you test it with the Bible, feelings are deceiving and only Gods Word is the truth.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

Wrong, the Bible is the Word of God and inspired by the Holy Spirit, and if you want to know if your understanding is right, then you test it with the Bible, feelings are deceiving and only Gods Word is the truth.

thats not wat i meant, not feeling but a true sense of understanding that makes sense

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, noblenut said:

thats not wat i meant, not feeling but a true sense of understanding that makes sense

And where would you find the true sense without Gods Word?

Just now, angels4u said:

And where would you find the true sense without Gods Word?

from his spirit and wat know in the bible

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

9 minutes ago, noblenut said:

Then I am going to have to guess, that at most there is only one person who does that perfectly, and I am guessing that you must think that is you. There are lots of believers, who do not come to the same understandings. Things are spiritually discerned, that is true, and that separates believers from unbelievers. However, just because we now have a new nature, does not mean we are rid of the old nature.

Living by the Spirit, following His lead, will never lead us to sin. Are you free from all exercise of sin in your life? If we can sin, we can also make other errors.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1