douge

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Jesus taught them to pray for the kingdom.

And the kingdom is a spiritual one.

Jesus taught we are to worship in Spirit and in Truth.

That there will be a new heaven and a new earth when he comes again.

There is no need for a physical earthly kingdom.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Such bold statements require chapter and verse,otherwise it is just your opinion .... “He made you alive together with him, having forgiven you ALL trespasses” is my verse.Paul’s Gospel of Grace found in 1 Cor15:1-4 makes no mention of repentance as far as Salvation is concerned .If one has received a new heart after believing the Gospel, repentance,or sorrow and regret for daily sins will occur naturally.It did not get you saved and it does not keep you saved.To believe otherwise is to add to the Gospel and make the Cross of Christ of no benefit to you.Dangerous ground.

Act 17:30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, Act 17:31 because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

“Therefore, O King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision,   Act 26:20  but declared first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and throughout all the region of Judea, and also to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with their repentance.

Paul was always faithful to his calling to preach repentance and turning away from sin and satan to forgiveness through Christ.  However, after salvation 1 John only mentions confessing our sins to God and He will be faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Christians are to obey the law of love and love our neighbors as ourselves.  This includes forgiving.  This parable concerns people who have been forgiven but who are then unwilling to forgive others and it very much applies to us as born again believers.  It shows that they will be chastised severely and even tortured.  We are commanded to love and forgive.  If Jesus is our Lord and Master, we delight in doing His will.

Mat 18:23  Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.

Mat 18:24  And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.

Mat 18:25  But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made.

Mat 18:26  The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, 'Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'

Mat 18:27  Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

Mat 18:28  "But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, 'Pay me what you owe!'

Mat 18:29  So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'

Mat 18:30  And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt.

Mat 18:31  So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done.

Mat 18:32  Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.

Mat 18:33  Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?'

Mat 18:34  And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.

Mat 18:35  "So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Jesus asked the Father in Heaven to forgive those who crucified Him,  "because they knew not what they did", 

but likely many of them never repented (I don't think we are ever told how many, if any) .

Jesus did not wait until they repented, that is.

And it is likely or possible that many of the Jewish leaders and maybe the Roman soldiers PUT TO DEATH followers of Jesus AFTER Jesus prayed that the Father would forgive them.

Jesus knew all this all the time,  and prayed PUBLICLY OUT LOUD  for their forgiveness anyway.

Edited by simplejeff

8 minutes ago, PepperS said:

This person did know what they did.

The Roman sentry/ soldiers  did know they had crucified Jesus.  Some knew they had crucified a man who was not guilty.

The Jewish leaders knew they sought to crucify Jesus. 

Jesus still prayed to the Father that the Father would forgive them.

I don't think Scripture actually gives an excuse for not forgiving and for not forgetting too - it is written if we do not forgive those who trespass against us,  then our sins (which are far far worse against God!!!) will not be forgiven us.

• This is Worthy 1

20 minutes ago, PepperS said:

Scripture says we are to forgive AS Christ forgave us. Christ forgave us when we repented. 

By this, do you thereby mean that the Father will forgive you if you repent ?  (turn to Yahweh, for His Kingdom is at hand, present now)

Thus also being willing to accept all of Yahweh's Word (Scripture),  and not just select verses you like to pick ?

6 minutes ago, PepperS said:

Of course we are forgiven if we repent.

Why did you not post the scripture I provided? Don't lecture me on scripture while ignoring scripture I have posted, while supplying none yourself.

Scripture clearly says we are to forgive if the offender repents.

I don't ignore Scripture - and I won't listen to cherry picked Scripture that is being used to oppose other Scripture. 

I asked something to see if you accept all Scripture or not.   If you don't, but only like and accept what suits your thoughts, then there's no use in posting anything, is there ?

It looks like you never saw it.

1 Bible results for “pride before destruction.” Showing results 1-1.
Bible search results
Proverbs 16:18
Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
New International Version (NIV)

-------------------------------------------

Matthew 6:12-15 New International Version (NIV)

And forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,[a]
    but deliver us from the evil one.

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Footnotes:

Matthew 6:13 The Greek for temptation can also mean testing.
    Matthew 6:13 Or from evil; some late manuscripts one, / for yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

New International Version (NIV)

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Instead of judging others, forgive them

Luke 6:37 NIV

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Forgive, no matter what they do to you.

Acts 7:59-60 NIV

While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.

=================================

Just like Jesus,  Stephen did not wait for them to repent.

• Praise God! 1