• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 minutes ago, B3L13v3R said:

A brief mention here too of the majority of Christian colleges that are accredited today, including many Methodist, are embracing the ancient Roman Catholic mystic "Desert fathers" and it's counter part "Eastern Mysticism" in it's teachings in what is now called "Spiritual Formation" in our Christian ranks. It's my understanding they not only have to teach it, but one has to "practice it" before they can graduate. I'm currently aware of two men in my area that are involved in this, one I've warned, and he's all but run from me. The other, a Methodist pastor is embracing this mess, teaching his congregation the same, and has a eastern mystical "labyrinth" in his church yard...
Some colleges are trying now to clear themselves of the stigma that is properly associated with Spiritual Formation, and now call it "Christian Formation." Same teachings with a different name, nothing more than damage control to protect the guilty.
Eastern mysticism was something I left back in the 80s and I'm quite frankly shocked to see just how many churches in our nation have embraced it in the form of "Spiritual Formation." The Methodist, and many other denominations continue to hold fast to this "Formation." Plain and simple, it's not of God.

This is due to in great part, many folks not believing the thread title... "Is the Bible Accurate?" Which of course it is.

It would be such a blessing to see the Body of Christ as a whole, truly believe this portion of Worthy's Statement of Faith:

"We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God."

Warn every man , woman and child of this .    You are right , they have been doing this .   Its a doorway allright ,  but into the dark realm of dark spirits .

And its no wonder that these churches more and more are also going right under ROMES SPELL of all inclusive unity for world peace .

THIS was all well planned out many years back .   Rick warren and scores of others under this spell too and flooded it right into an incredible mass number of folks world wide .

This stuff is everywhere and it has dramtically and is dramtically changing the course and direction of all churches and even other religions , THEY WILL ALL join with one mindset

in time , as we see some already doing so already . 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,176
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, B3L13v3R said:

A brief mention here too of the majority of Christian colleges that are accredited today, including many Methodist, are embracing the ancient Roman Catholic mystic "Desert fathers" and it's counter part "Eastern Mysticism" in it's teachings in what is now called "Spiritual Formation" in our Christian ranks. It's my understanding they not only have to teach it, but one has to "practice it" before they can graduate. I'm currently aware of two men in my area that are involved in this, one I've warned, and he's all but run from me. The other, a Methodist pastor is embracing this mess, teaching his congregation the same, and has a eastern mystical "labyrinth" in his church yard...
Some colleges are trying now to clear themselves of the stigma that is properly associated with Spiritual Formation, and now call it "Christian Formation." Same teachings with a different name, nothing more than damage control to protect the guilty.
Eastern mysticism was something I left back in the 80s and I'm quite frankly shocked to see just how many churches in our nation have embraced it in the form of "Spiritual Formation." The Methodist, and many other denominations continue to hold fast to this "Formation." Plain and simple, it's not of God.

This is due to in great part, many folks not believing the thread title... "Is the Bible Accurate?" Which of course it is.

It would be such a blessing to see the Body of Christ as a whole, truly believe this portion of Worthy's Statement of Faith:

"We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God."

Hummm,   I wasn't aware they had changed the name to Christian Formation....     I would say though that Spiritual Formation is a very good tool....   it works for everyone I have met that has used it...   unfortunately it isn't the Holy Spirit that you get in contact with, and it will put a person into contact with entities that no one should be around...  and is not something that one can just walk away from unless they have the Holy Spirit move in with them by accepting Jesus as Lord and savior...

I stopped listening to Chuck Swindoll years ago because he was promoting this....   I found it hard to believe that Rick Warren was teaching this to his huge congregation...   it's really sad.

When I listen to the Bible I like to use the KJV.  Alexander Scorby does such a good job of reading.   But when I am really studying I have found that the 1972 version of the NASB is the closest thing to a word for word translation from the Greek and Hebrew texts that I have access to in a BibleSoft computer program.   It contains both the Testus Receptus and the Nestle Aland manuscripts.  It's very time consuming but lets one read the original manuscripts without knowing Hebrew or Greek....   and it is the original manuscripts that are inerrant and inspired for all the English translations have small problems due to the lack of context in the English language that exists in Hebrew and Greek.

Thus when the subject comes up I have to always ask which Bible are you talking about

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

7 hours ago, B3L13v3R said:

3 that come completely UN-recommended would be: The Message, that is quite messy.

I tried googling that out of curiousity but I couldnt find that. How did you hear this and do you have a link please?

Personally I do not like the message bible so Im not asking in order to defend that version.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/2/2019 at 9:47 PM, B3L13v3R said:

3 that come completely UN-recommended would be: The Message, that is quite messy.

18 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I tried googling that out of curiousity but I couldnt find that. How did you hear this and do you have a link please?

Personally I do not like the message bible so Im not asking in order to defend that version.

Hi Ayin Jade!
1st of all, rejoicing with you on your last run for those cancer treatments, we had you in prayer! Seems you were in a pretty rough spot more than a few times.

Hey, I saw you said you were searching/Googling,

That was my "own" input on the "Message bible."  I'm not sure if I made that clear?

I have a (messy) Message on my bookshelf, and I gotta tell ya, it's bad. The author Dr. Eugene Peterson did the Beatitudes in like 10 minutes, oh the depth of study on his part! E. Peterson (who recently passed away) was also heavily involved in some facets of the Emerging church, endorsed "The Shack" and was to make a video with Bono of U2. (The same Bono in U2 who told Ireland to legalize abortion, and believes in homosexual "marriage.")

We occasionally read the Message around here for a chuckle, as it is so poorly written. Dry humor, I know.

I do have several good links of a number of other godly people that have looked into that "version" that found it to be just as lacking.
Here is one that is in a "PDF." Depending on your device, some view it automatically, others automatically download PDFs. 
https://justinpeters.org/images/TheMessage2.pdf

This summary has a few verses from these four versions side by side: NASB, KJV, NIV, & The Message
"A Brief Summary of Passages Contained Within “The Message” by Eugene Peterson Which Directly Compromise Fundamental Tenets of Orthodox Christianity" by J. Peters
Conclusion from this PDF:
Pick up a copy of The Message and you will see on its front cover “The Bible in Contemporary Language.” The Message
is NOT the Bible. It is one man’s commentary on the Bible, and an extraordinarily poor one at that.
Some object to criticism of Peterson’s work by saying The Message is not a literal translation but rather a
paraphrase. True. But even paraphrases should be an accurate thought for thought rendering of the original
biblical text. We are not talking here about a paraphrase of “Green Eggs and Ham.” We are talking about the
Word of God. God holds His name and His word above all things (Psalm 138:2). His Word must be rendered
and handled accurately. What we believe about God is derived from what we read in His Word. If one reads an
erroneous Bible, then it logically follows that what one believes about God will also be in error."

• Praise God! 1

42 minutes ago, B3L13v3R said:

Hi Ayin Jade!
1st of all, rejoicing with you on your last run for those cancer treatments, we had you in prayer! Seems you were in a pretty rough spot more than a few times.

Hey, I saw you said you were searching/Googling,

That was my "own" input on the "Message bible."  I'm not sure if I made that clear?

I have a (messy) Message on my bookshelf, and I gotta tell ya, it's bad. The author Dr. Eugene Peterson did the Beatitudes in like 10 minutes, oh the depth of study on his part! E. Peterson (who recently passed away) was also heavily involved in some facets of the Emerging church, endorsed "The Shack" and was to make a video with Bono of U2. (The same Bono in U2 who told Ireland to legalize abortion, and believes in homosexual "marriage.")

We occasionally read the Message around here for a chuckle, as it is so poorly written. Dry humor, I know.

I do have several good links of a number of other godly people that have looked into that "version" that found it to be just as lacking.
Here is one that is in a "PDF." Depending on your device, some view it automatically, others automatically download PDFs. 
https://justinpeters.org/images/TheMessage2.pdf

This summary has a few verses from these four versions side by side: NASB, KJV, NIV, & The Message
"A Brief Summary of Passages Contained Within “The Message” by Eugene Peterson Which Directly Compromise Fundamental Tenets of Orthodox Christianity" by J. Peters
Conclusion from this PDF:
Pick up a copy of The Message and you will see on its front cover “The Bible in Contemporary Language.” The Message
is NOT the Bible. It is one man’s commentary on the Bible, and an extraordinarily poor one at that.
Some object to criticism of Peterson’s work by saying The Message is not a literal translation but rather a
paraphrase. True. But even paraphrases should be an accurate thought for thought rendering of the original
biblical text. We are not talking here about a paraphrase of “Green Eggs and Ham.” We are talking about the
Word of God. God holds His name and His word above all things (Psalm 138:2). His Word must be rendered
and handled accurately. What we believe about God is derived from what we read in His Word. If one reads an
erroneous Bible, then it logically follows that what one believes about God will also be in error."

Thank you for praying for me. Im still doing some treatments (infusion of immunotherapy every 3 weeks plus a daily pill for 5 yrs) but the hard parts are done and Im just in resting and recovering atm. Some neuropahty in my hands and feet but hopefully that will clear up. And my hair is growing back lol.

What I wanted the link to was that the un approved the message bible. The message version I already know is awful. 

• Praise God! 1

22 hours ago, other one said:

I would say though that Spiritual Formation is a very good tool....   it works for everyone I have met that has used it...   unfortunately it isn't the Holy Spirit that you get in contact with, and it will put a person into contact with entities that no one should be around...  and is not something that one can just walk away from unless they have the Holy Spirit move in with them by accepting Jesus as Lord and savior...

Indeed, something for all to think upon, and absolutely true.
In Christ, any involved in Spiritual Formation can repent, and be set free.

I believe we can see the "spirit" of that "formation" thing right here, and those from his camp:

2 Corinthians 11:14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

• Group:  Mars Hill

7 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Thank you for praying for me. Im still doing some treatments (infusion of immunotherapy every 3 weeks plus a daily pill for 5 yrs) but the hard parts are done and Im just in resting and recovering atm. Some neuropahty in my hands and feet but hopefully that will clear up. And my hair is growing back lol.

What I wanted the link to was that the un approved the message bible. The message version I already know is awful. 

You are loved dear sister .   And many are praying with you .    I would also like to see that link too .   

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Apparently I completely misread a post and thought it was un approved as in united nations approved instead of unapproved. I just wanted to clear this up in the thread. 

Guess Im not as "perfect" as I thought I was lol, 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Apparently I completely misread a post and thought it was un approved as in united nations approved instead of unapproved. I just wanted to clear this up in the thread. 

Guess Im not as "perfect" as I thought I was lol, 

you are loved dear sister .  

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Guess Im not as "perfect" as I thought I was lol

I tend to rely a bit on those "spell checkers" too, as mine I thought did not recognize "unapproved." I put UN-approved, and was a SHOUTING the UN instead of lower case un-approved and turns out I should have said UNapproved! Or if not shouting, it should have been unapproved.
Soo muche fer dem der spellar checkars!! :crosseyed:

Now, to keep things on track, the Bible is accurate! :)