• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

25 minutes ago, Willa said:

Why do bad things happen?   All things were created good.  Then satan became proud and rebelled, desiring to overthrow God.  That was a joke--we have an all powerful God.  However, he did succeed in taking 1/3 of the angels with him and they were cast out of heaven.  Here on earth satan did succeed in deceiving Eve and spreading his rebellion against God to mankind.  That placed mankind in his domain.  We are now captive to satan and sin and all mankind is predisposed to sinning.  The only way out is to receive Jesus as the Messiah sent to rescue mankind by becoming one of us to die for the sin of the world, thus becoming the propitiation, the appeasing sacrifice for our sin.  He made it possible for us to be reconciled to God by His own blood.  He took our evil upon Himself and in return gave us His righteousness.  We can only receive this by faith as God enlightens us.   

So all mankind is heading for hell under satan's rule unless they accept God's way out, by the shed blood of Jesus Christ for our sin.  He alone can rescue us.  Meanwhile the rest of mankind goes on in rebellion and sin, hating and spreading chaos.  Even nature is corrupted by our negligence and selfishness.   Wickedness is the way of the world, and that is why bad things happen.  God did do something about it, by the way. He sent Jesus to rescue whomever will come to Him.

Wonderful post......thank you!

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

There is a negative part to God’s Plan and God uses Satan to fulfill it......When God gets done using him , he will be thrown into the Lake of Fire to be tormented forever..

God has a unique plan for each and every one of His children. I do not believe there is a negative part to His plan for us. We sometimes have a difficult time figuring out what that plan is but the closer we come to Him the easier it is to figure out what that plan is. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

34 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

God has a unique plan for each and every one of His children. I do not believe there is a negative part to His plan for us. We sometimes have a difficult time figuring out what that plan is but the closer we come to Him the easier it is to figure out what that plan is. 

You may be correct........who really knows for sure?  The only sure thing is that all of are questions will be answered some day.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, OneLight said:

I've never liked, or agreed with such a theory.  I do believe that God gave the same freedom of choice to the angels He created, just like He did man, while, at the same time, able to know the end from the beginning.  There is no negative part of God period.  Choices were made and God was able to use the bad choices to create good choices and outcomes.

Why do you suppose that God doesn't just destroy Satan now?  Unlike with people, he isn't giving fallen angels time to repent.  There is no redemption for them.  

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

8 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Why do you suppose that God doesn't just destroy Satan now?  Unlike with people, he isn't giving fallen angels time to repent.  There is no redemption for them.  

God tells us why and basically when.

Romans 11:25-27

I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
   he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
  And this is my covenant with them
  when I take away their sins.”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

9 hours ago, OneLight said:

I've never liked, or agreed with such a theory.  I do believe that God gave the same freedom of choice to the angels He created, just like He did man, while, at the same time, able to know the end from the beginning.  There is no negative part of God period.  Choices were made and God was able to use the bad choices to create good choices and outcomes.

I stand with you Brother in this for God has said about Himself

1 John 1:5

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
KJV

and if there is no darkness at all then no darkness-representative of sin and evil has no place in God... so to bring it's presence into God's responsibility is wrong thinking from that point on...

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

8 hours ago, Willa said:

Even nature is corrupted by our negligence and selfishness.   Wickedness is the way of the world, and that is why bad things happen

Miss Willa we also have the curse which is a hardship of life set forth by God... there's quite a lot involved in this as well.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,624
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

16 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

The question everyone is asking is why create the devil, and if one says he started out good, why not destroy him once he rebelled?  Why wait?  

God did. Lucifer is destroyed because of his sin. Man sinned and he is destroyed. Both are destroyed by God's just wrath. And with that wrath all of creation is destroyed, this is a fallen creation, a destroyed creation, from which God has chosen to restore some of it to be part of a new heaven and a new earth to come.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

God did. Lucifer is destroyed because of his sin. Man sinned and he is destroyed. Both are destroyed by God's just wrath. And with that wrath all of creation is destroyed, this is a fallen creation, a destroyed creation, from which God has chosen to restore some of it to be part of a new heaven and a new earth to come.

God hasn't destroyed anything yet, but He will.  I also do not see God restoring any of the old earth or heaven as He tells us in scripture that there is a "new heaven and a new earth".  Nothing recycled there.

Revelation 20:11-21:4

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.  And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.  The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.  Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.  And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.  Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.  And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, OneLight said:

God tells us why and basically when.

Romans 11:25-27

I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
   he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
  And this is my covenant with them
  when I take away their sins.”

Then there is a reason why evil is necessary for now.  It is about bringing about God's ultimate plan.