• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Before you (or anyone can)  realize this or hear an answer,   it is necessary to read sufficiently what God Says throughout, in all, Scripture and be granted understanding as written in the Gospel of John. .    While reading,  ask God to reveal in Scripture who walks in faithfulness all the time, continually, daily,  and not just alone, but with others.  This is clearly revealed in TORAH, PROPHETS, PSALMS and NEW TESTAMENT.

i.e. it will take time.

I have decades in the Word, lots of time, and I'm "hearing" what 150 plain, clear verses have to say. Do you ask a pastor for MORE than 150 verses to prove a doctrine?

And logic (as well as the scriptures, which say all people sin, and all are liars except God), tells us NO ONE walks CONTINUALLY (ALWAYS, EVERY SECOND) in faithfulness. I need the Savior!

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1979

On 6/24/2019 at 4:40 PM, simplejeff said:

Exactly as Jesus told the disciples -  the Kingdom of God is not afar off,  as if to watch for it coming,

but is here now,  even in your midst.     (Everyone who obeys the Father , walking in the spirit,  abiding continually in union with Jesus and with the Father,  daily, as written throughout the New Testament).

@simplejeff

I have thought a lot about this, especially when I struggled with what the ransom sacrifice actually means. It made sense to me that after Jesus proved that a person can stay in union with God unto death in the face of the world and its desires, we lost our excuse to sin (at least if we want to be truly in union with God and enter the Kingdom). It feels like sinning is an attempt by my flesh to secure satan a place in Heaven again (from which he was cast out by the power of the blood of Christ), where he can once again 'accuse the brothers night and day'. That would mean I continually want to crucify Christ for my pleasure.

Whether this (the kingdom being here already) is true or not I cannot say, but the idea that we can be in union with the Lord and by extension the Father and be part of the Kingdom NOW is certainly interesting to me. Entertaining that concept has strengthened me to overcome some serious and long term sins and bad habits. Every time my mind starts lusting after those sins I can shut it down immediately, because I know Jesus proved we can overcome them. It feels empowering. It also helped me distinguish between mistakes and deliberate sin - deliberate sin where I allow myself to entertain sinful thoughts and ultimately fall because 'I'm only flesh'...poor me.

Sometimes I wonder if we are perpetually waiting for the Kingdom and the second coming in vain because it happened ages ago (heresy to some I know), and the interpretation of prophecy and Revelation is spiritual and symbolic - hidden by the clouds that he came with; only visible and audible to those that "hear what the spirit says" as we are admonished repeatedly in Revelation. God is a spirit after all, and the Kingdom, well, no part of this world. Literal interpretations are more satisfying to the flesh I guess...but ultimately part of the world and the same trap that the scribes an pharisees fell into. I pray God gives me clarity, for I'm seeking to stand before him clean.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, Solitary said:

It feels like sinning is an attempt by my flesh to secure satan a place in Heaven again (from which he was cast out by the power of the blood of Christ), where he can once again 'accuse the brothers night and day'. That would mean I continually want to crucify Christ for my pleasure.

That's what the rcc roman group does - re-crucify daily en mass.... an abomination.

Satan won't use anyone to 'get to heaven' - he has had access long before we all were ever alive, or our ancestors.

Satan will KEEP anyone from getting to heaven,  if he can.  Many people do this also - they always try to prevent anyone from FINDING the Kingdom of Heaven,   and they lie continually saying they are serving God ! (even while killing the faithful )

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

-REMOVED QUOTE somehow it became mis-attributed - I didn't notice it until asked about it.

( deleted opening sentence containing  a quote) Why even Got Questions  is wishy washy on this one.:blink::D All I know for sure, well pretty sure, is there are many rooms, and the Baptists still won't drink their alcohol in public. My Lord is off preparing the honeymoon cottage, and even He does not know the when of it being ready for the honeymoon. Plus at a time to come there will be a new earth and a new heaven. 

Without worrying about Hebrew or Greek, per se,  the English (King's English) at the time defines mansion as a dwelling place, including like a 'lord of the manor' residence with many servants and guests living under his roof  -  not at all necessarily what "mansion" seems to mean to people today (contrary to all the Bible).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Oh that won't stop some. Why even Got Questions  is wishy washy on this one.:blink::D All I know for sure, well pretty sure, is there are many rooms, and the Baptists still won't drink their alcohol in public. My Lord is off preparing the honeymoon cottage, and even He does not know the when of it being ready for the honeymoon. Plus at a time to come there will be a new earth and a new heaven. 

Please show me where I made this statement.

"I don't think the Bible is clear enough to be dogmatic either way".

• Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Please show me where I made this statement.

"I don't think the Bible is clear enough to be dogmatic either way".

Sorry. Far as I know you didn't make the quote. Don't know how that happened. haven't a clue. The quote didn't even fit the line of thought you seem to be expressing. Might have been someone else- BUT I son't even see it now. Again sorry, it has never occurred to me to proof read quote boxes before posting, especially not to see that it has the correct poster listed.  Hopefully just a glitch by me, Mr. Stonefingers on a keyboard.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

This is the best explanation I can find below. Imagine seeing with the eye musical notes coming off of instruments; smelling millions of colors, hearing flowers sing, communicating with animals...

1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Neighbor said:

and the Baptists still won't drink their alcohol in public.

I'm not offended but curious about your view here? The Baptist denomination and congregations are loaded with people such as myself whom abstain from even the appearance of alcohol consumption; much less partake of it. I personally do not drink any alcohol and drunkenness is a sin, however:

I do think a little wine now and then is beneficial for medicinal and health purposes; even today if one chooses. Over indulgence leads to a loss of our faculties and reasoning and pathway for sin.  

1 Timothy 5:23 (KJV) Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/28/2019 at 1:44 PM, Solitary said:

I have thought a lot about this, especially when I struggled with what the ransom sacrifice actually means. It made sense to me that after Jesus proved that a person can stay in union with God unto death in the face of the world and its desires, we lost our excuse to sin (at least if we want to be truly in union with God and enter the Kingdom).

"Wanting to be"  in union with Yahushua and Yahuweh does not make it so.

See in the New Testament where it is written,  who was in union daily, continually, with the Son and the Father,  living for righteousness sake, DOING the FATHER's WORD,  and not living as the rest of men as slaves to unrighteousness any more.