Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,374
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

There was another alligator attack just the other day on a young woman swimming or wading in a lake in Florida.   She got significant injuries, was airlifted to a hospital.   The alligator was 8 feet long, a trapper removed him from the lake.

I'm wondering why people would swim or even wade in States where there are alligators.   Maybe they are just braver than me?!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

yikes that's scary,  i know that God created alligators even in the book of Job the alligator is called Levenithan,  i don't know why alligators & sharks attack people for no reason that's preety shocking

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/27/1943

Alligators and sharks attack people because they are hungry and humans are perceived as food. There is nothing malevolent about this at all. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Debp said:

There was another alligator attack just the other day on a young woman swimming or wading in a lake in Florida.   She got significant injuries, was airlifted to a hospital.   The alligator was 8 feet long, a trapper removed him from the lake.

I'm wondering why people would swim or even wade in States where there are alligators.   Maybe they are just are braver than me?!

People are negligent. They can do some pretty stupid things. It was tragic when that child was attacked and killed by that alligator at Disney World. The parents should have not allowed that child to be wading in those waters. There were warning signs around.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,374
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

People are negligent. They can do some pretty stupid things. It was tragic when that child was attacked and killed by that alligator at Disney World. The parents should have not allowed that child to be wading in those waters. There were warning signs around.

Yes, I remember that incident at Disney World....so awful the little boy dragged into the water and killed.   Also, recently the lady walking with her dogs was attacked and killed.   I forgot the State...was it South Carolina?

Somebody from Florida told me that the alligators will sometimes be in the road.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

I hate to hear of a kid accidentally being taken as food for animals, especially pended up as entertainment, like a zoo or Disney.
Visiting my Cajun cousins near New Orleans at their place in the bayous, we fished off their dock and could catch
fresh water fish one day, and salt water fish the next, (brackish) depending on the tides.
We lost half the fish caught to alligators waiting under the dock for lunch. If there was no one around,
you could catch them prowling the yard. They're every where.
They were there first, and don't plan to leave.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 minutes ago, Sower said:

I hate to hear of a kid accidentally being taken as food for animals, especially pended up as entertainment, like a zoo or Disney.
Visiting my Cajun cousins near New Orleans at their place in the bayous, we fished off their dock and could catch
fresh water fish one day, and salt water fish the next, (brackish) depending on the tides.
We lost half the fish caught to alligators waiting under the dock for lunch. If there was no one around,
you could catch them prowling the yard. They're every where.
They were there first, and don't plan to leave.

Just don't go petting on them gators now , ya hear .    cause it might not work out too well .      They got lots of teeth and do lots of twists .  So steer clear GARY

and DO PRAISE THE LORD .   

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

17 hours ago, Debp said:

There was another alligator attack just the other day on a young woman swimming or wading in a lake in Florida.   

My goodness, Deb! I guess this means they're not just for swamps anymore. The idea is truly frightening.  

• Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, BeauJangles said:

My goodness, Deb! I guess this means they're not just for swamps anymore. The idea is truly frightening.  

Don't fear the gators .   Just don't go swimming with them .      We don't play fetch with the gators my friends .    Cause I got a bad feeling it might not end well if we did .  

• Haha 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Debp said:

Yes, I remember that incident at Disney World....so awful the little boy dragged into the water and killed.   Also, recently the lady walking with her dogs was attacked and killed.   I forgot the State...was it South Carolina?

Somebody from Florida told me that the alligators will sometimes be in the road.

I have heard that sometimes they may even be in their yard. 

• Thumbs Up 1