IGNORED

Is It Wrong For the Pope to Change Jesus' Word in the Bible?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Journey365 said:

This was in the news today.. Do you think that because the Bible says (2 Tim 3:16-17) 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. Is the Pope right in doing this? Do you believe he is changing Jesus word?https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pope-francis-made-this-big-change-to-lords-prayer/ar-AACrehe?ocid=spartandhp

Take a look at biblegateway and count how many versions of the bible are available to read there.

Then check a favourete verse against as many different translations as you can. How much variation do you find?

The bible you read did not appear 'by magic' in Christian book shops etc, but is the result of language experts translating the greek and hebrew into modern english.

The words you find in your bible are not set in stone. If a language expert finds a different word that more clearly convies the meaning of a hebrew/greek word then the word in your next bible could well be different.

The popes amendment, depends entirely on what and why he made changes.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

12 hours ago, Journey365 said:

This was in the news today.. Do you think that because the Bible says (2 Tim 3:16-17) 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. Is the Pope right in doing this? Do you believe he is changing Jesus word?https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pope-francis-made-this-big-change-to-lords-prayer/ar-AACrehe?ocid=spartandhp

Stay focused, the big issue with Rome is they change the biblical gospel from "Trust Jesus, His death and resurrection atone for ALL sin" to "Trust the church of Rome and your very hard work to hopefully, maybe, atone for your sin, or at least most of it".

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, turtletwo said:

“Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:” (James 1:13)

Since God obviously does not tempt man to do evil, this injunction is used in the sense of “permitting” – “Lord, do not allow us to be tempted in such a way that we sin” – “Do not lead us into a trial that will present such a temptation to us that we will not be able to resist it.”

It is a heartfelt appeal to God to protect us from sin. The good news  is that God is able to “save us from the tempter’s power” if we will but call upon Him for help. 

1 Cor 10:13 says, " There isn’t any temptation that you have experienced which is unusual for humans. God, who faithfully keeps his promises, will not allow you to be tempted beyond your power to resist. But when you are tempted, he will also give you the ability to endure the temptation as your way of escape."  :)Praise God!

This pope is slicker than any pope I have ever seen .     You see what he is doing .     The change made was what in a sense this already meant .

BUT WHY do we think he is doing this .    To make it seem or appear as though the bible is outdated ,   as though perhaps it even has errors .

HE IS SUPER SLICK .    Because the phrase he offered ,  aint wrong ,  in fact if any knows the bible , they would know that lead us not into temptation

means the same as Don't LET us be LED into temptation .   BUT this pope is very slick .   There was no need to change it .   But he does EVERYTHING for a reason .

And without saying a word , he may as well be saying , HEY the bible is outdated ,   we need to IMPROVE ON IT .     THE MAN IS SLICK .   VERY CRAFTIY INDEED .  

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

It is called paraphrasing, no one has to buy such a Bible, but as it was, it previously seemed to be implying that God leads people to temptation, I think the intent was fine, and likely not off the mark.

What this pope did ,    will be impossible for us to debate it .   And HE KNOWS THAT .    HE IS SUPER SLICK man .

Because the phrase he offered ,  in a sense is already what it meant .   Let us not be led into temptation .    

Anyone who reads the bible , Already KNOWS GOD don't tempt us ,  our flesh does .    

But this pope is super slick .  And he picked just the right one to try and change ,  because in essence HE AINT REALLY changed what it meant IN THE FIRST PLACE .

SO the question begs to be asked .   WHY .   WHY did this pope do this .    HE does EVERYTHING for a reason .   

Without saying a word ,   he may as well have said ,   The bible is outdated and we need to make changes .  HOW MUCH ya bet perhaps an more INCLUSIVE BIBLE IS ON THE WAY .

This man is slick .  He made it SEEM ,  SEEM as though that prayer had an error . WHEN IT NEVER DID ,  HE THEN makes the change , and yet it means in essence TRUTH .

The man is super slick .    I aint never seen a man that can unite faiths , that can unite religions ,   that can lead it seems like the whole world man .

This pope has the heaviest presence of a false prophet that I have ever seen  .  ANd believe me , I have seen many .    But this man is their  daddy man .

Either it will become the false prophet or whatever follows in short time will be .     This pope is doing what politicians and no other has been able to do ,

Now , its true that many have been working and getting the ground ready for such a man as this pope .    But He is unting even hard core muslims to unite in peace .

SOMETHING IS BAD WRONG man .     I truly think we are farther along than most realize In the time line .   

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

I may be wrong but I believe the false prophet during the Great Tribulation will be Pope Francis and one reason I believe such is that he is a Jesuit and Jesuit priests are infamous in the RCC for being very intelligent and highly intellectual men who end up arrogantly thinking themselves the fount of all knowledge aka similar if not equal to God .. didn't some other infamous being do the same and we know what his outcome will be .. I must say, though, that not all Jesuit priests and brothers (if their order has the latter) are like that .. they, too, are very intelligent and highly intellectual but they are humble and God serving men not self-serving or man-pleasing .. 

He is the slickest man I have ever seen .     And I have seen many slick false prophets .     Its like He is the father of false prophets .

Because look at what is going on .    All the faiths are now under their own false protestant leaders going back into UNITY with ROME .

But not just that , the man is uniting RELIGOINS MAN .  Even secular .     I aint never seen one who holds such influence and power .

And I have seen some who do hold power .   Rick warren influenced a lot ,   YET WHO DOES HE POINT TOO.   POPE FRANCIS .

Kenneth Copeland influences a lot ,  YET who is he getting folks to unite under ,  ROME

Mclarne ,     nar ,   even seventh day ,  main line leaders of the protestant faith are doing HIS WORK man .

The world and churches have been prepared unto this hour .   But when I say prepared ,  I mean TO BE DECIEVED FOREVER .

Long ago they had a plan and it came FROM ROME and they began the ecumincal unity among faiths and religions .   AND MY how it has grown .

Many spirits of false men have prepared the churches unto this last hour , where will rise such a FP and it will cause the world to worshp the beast .

Guess what ,   POPE FRANCIS POINTS to such an idea ALREADY .  SOMETHING IS all wrong .  We are farther along than most realize .

This pope leads the unification of a religion that will include all religions and even secular too AND His goal ,  lets have a SUPRNATIONAL LEADER over the entire world .

SOMETHING AINT RIGHT .   

• Thumbs Up 1

And what else does the FP do ,   it causes all to take the mark OF this said beast .

GUESS what else pope francis praised .   

He said by all our scholars we have determined that rfid is not the mark of the beast .  IN fact HE says ,  ITS A GIFT FROM GOD that can cure many of the worlds ills .

SOMETHING AINT RIGHT man .    IF this pope IS NOT the FP ,   THEN when the FP shows up  , its gong to have to take notes FROM this pope .

Now ,  I aint saying HE is the FP .  BUT MY GOODNESS That SPIRIT is all over that man . 

8 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

every language of man has become more and more faulty in word definitions and connotations and in grammatical structure ... such language discrepancies cause more confusion than not and more and more they are becoming mere babble .. while I can understand the change the Pope wishes to make, I cannot understand why the change has become so long in coming if so vital .. God does not "lead anyone into temptation" and most if not anyone who has been instructed knows that - knows that God allows Satan to tempt us but even Satan has no power that we don't give him .. if you want Satan out of your life, do not empower him .. in the end, man chooses to deliberately succumb to sin and God, Satan, and no one else makes that decision to sin or not .. I would think Pope Francis had more important things to do than to change that wording after all this time and when all understand its meaning if instructed when they learn The Lord's Prayer ..

Because ,  THIS pope does what it does for an agenda .     You were very wise to ask WHY NOW .  

WHY .     Might want to read what I told a few others .   This pope does nothing for jus a whim .  ITS ALLL PLANNED OUT and HE IS SUPER SLICK man .

SUPER slick . 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/27/1943

The "Lord's Prayer" in English is a translation. Pope Francis' change makes far better sense because God does not "lead us into temptation". That is Satan's job. I approve this change.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

I hate to rain on the parade here, but posting links and/or videos are supposed to be pre-approved by admins for content. That being, nothing apostate Pope Francis does shocks me. He's been set-up for an end times purpose in my humble opinion. Just saying. God bless.

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Brilliant! 1

5 hours ago, Takoda said:

The "Lord's Prayer" in English is a translation. Pope Francis' change makes far better sense because God does not "lead us into temptation". That is Satan's job. I approve this change.

So long as you know the pope is false    ,   well that is what matters .  We don't want no man to follow him .    no man , no woman , no child ,  not even a donkey