• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

25 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I have survived  Roosevelt Truman Eisenhower Kennedy Johnson Nixon Ford Carter Reagan Bush Clinton Bush Obama and now the least of them all Trump. If the Lord wills I can survive the next one.

Wow... Incredible, Neighbor. I made a brief commentary the other day about JFK, and the times during the days of his presidency. But apparently the OP got into some kind of controversy concerning Trump, and the entire thread got deleted. When that happened, I just thought = :blow-up:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,713
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

The most recent presidential election was going to be to first  in which I refused to vote. Just wasn't about to vote for either horror. I ended up not only voting,  but contributing funds more than once. I did get scared into it when I was declared to be a "deplorable" by one  of the candidates.

Ended up on the road, inland Georgia, along the Blue Ridge, the night of the presidential election ( I had voted days before) was at a motel in the midst of the great forest fires burning all around us. Flames had fallen on the road in front of me that day. The whole motel was full of smoke eaters, fireman, and their diesel trucks  were idling all night as they tried to get some rest  in shifts from their great efforts while yet other fighters went back on the lines.

Around two AM the whole motel sounded with a shout, a loud cheer for the election had been declared! People, tired firefighters mostly, ran into the halls  and the lobby to celebrate as though they had just beaten back the worst fire ever.

And now here it is a new seemingly everlasting campaign for yet another election. Fortunately God is sovereign, and over all matters big and small.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

I watched a few innings  of the Rays game, and then realizing my folly ( and theirs) stopped to catch up on my sleep. So that I would be better able to read of God's word this AM  as I am not well enough "informed" of it's content.

I have no capacity to watch a clown act, never mind what passes as political activity today. President's tweeting of foolishness, others tweeting tritely back- Really?! How very stupid.

The USA national political scene is an embarrassment that is way to difficult to have to suffer, never mind sit and watch voluntarily, nor read 240 characters at a time. My vote is for none of the above, or below for that matter.  

I have survived  Roosevelt Truman Eisenhower Kennedy Johnson Nixon Ford Carter Reagan Bush Clinton Bush Obama and now the least of them all Trump. If the Lord wills I can survive the next one.

Wow! I thought “ I” was old.....I only go back to Ike........I was a baby......you said “ Roosevelt” but you were not specific.....was it Franklin or Teddy?   Yuk yuk.....

• Haha 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,374
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

24 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Wow! I thought “ I” was old.....I only go back to Ike........I was a baby......you said “ Roosevelt” but you were not specific.....was it Franklin or Teddy?   Yuk yuk.....

I was a very young child when we had Ike.... Eisenhower.   So can't remember much, just the name.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85

11 hours ago, Debp said:

Am going to watch to keep informed.   Voting Trump again.   Anyone else watching?    They have another debate tomorrow.

Nope, I have better things to watch. (Good Doctor, Elementary, Outlander) 

I’m also sure I will vote Trump, so it’s not like I’m on the fence and still looking for my horse to net on.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Spock said:

Nope, I have better things to watch. (Good Doctor, Elementary, Outlander) 

I’m also sure I will vote Trump, so it’s not like I’m on the fence and still looking for my horse to net on.

So you won't be too upset when he is not nominated? You will just write in his name? Nothing is certain much past today and even it is iffy as one's soul might be required  this eve. Not much worth a watching, so I work and I read and I read and pray and think upon the word of God and give praise to Him for the day. Life is grand, a privilege and duty.

1 hour ago, Debp said:

I was a very young child when we had Ike.... Eisenhower.   So can't remember much, just the name.

I was a babe under Roosevelt a young child under Truman a early teen under Eisenhower who I do vividly remember mostly for his nuclear strategy, no tit for tat just an all out declaration that we will nuke you if Europe  is attacked.  My first vote was for Goldwater. I perhaps suffered most under Nixon what with his wage and price control policies  eliminating any worker's raises. One had to jump ship in order to get better pay elsewhere, couldn't get a raise from an employer. He was a nasty man with mostly European ideas.   Carter was perhaps second worse and Reagan third. One set me up for high interest rates on mortgages and the second increased my taxes by  recanting his tax break for capital investment making, both took many thousands of dollars away from me personally. Clinton for all his antics wasn't so bad, it was a go-go era, then came the Bushes, nice people but bad for business really bad both father and son.

All through it God was sovereign and all was well with my soul, because He lives Christ lives today! And so it don't matter, bring 'em on, the various little kings of the moment. My trust is in Jesus alone, the King of kings.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85

13 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

So you won't be too upset when he is not nominated? You will just write in his name? Nothing is certain much past today and even it is iffy as one's soul might be required  this eve. Not much worth a watching, so I work and I read and I read and pray and think upon the word of God and give praise to Him for the day. Life is grand, a privilege and duty.

Not sure exactly the intentions of your post but I will answer your question...no I won’t be upset if he loses. Why should I be?  I don’t put my trust in some man not named Jesus.....I trust in the living God!  He has the whole world, in His hands......besides, Bible prophecy has to play out according to His will. I would assume our next president is a part of the plan for prophecy to play out. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, Spock said:

I trust in the living God!  He has the whole world, in His hands......besides, Bible prophecy has to play out according to His will. I would assume our next president is a part of the plan for prophecy to play out. 

Amen! 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.81
  • Days Won:  33

We have the same thing going on in this country as well. Debate after debate. On it goes!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1