• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

Here's a scenario.. let's say that there's a brother 8/sister 7 that was put up for adoption. The biological parents taught the kids there was no God.

This is what they know now. Now this couple who believes in God adopts these children and tell the kids there's a God.

They so no there isn't. My parents said there wasn't. How then would you go on to teach the kids there's a God? What would you do after all your trying to tell them they still won't believe you. What then would you do?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I'd not worry too much about it, but share of the word of God in all matters by both word and by deed regardless.

My parents did not ascribe to a belief in God. Yet my grandmother did and read the Bible to me regardless, every time we visited her. She prayed for me. Decades after her death the fruit planted with her prayer and her sharing came to fruition, for God hears prayer. The Holy Spirit up and turned me about one day just flipped me around and I knew God. jesu sis Lord my Lord and savior.

God is sovereign. He has foreknown and those he has foreknown he has predestined, and Jesus  His Son does not lose a one given Him by His Father. His own are but to obey as it pleases God that his own do so.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

As Neighbour has said, the priority is showing love, care and commitment to those kids abandon by their parents.

Settle them into a daily routine which includes a bible story and prayers before going to sleep.

If they want to discuss whether there is, is not a God. To be gentle in presenting evidence for God as this is a memory of their parents that is being dismanteled.

I would want to stress that regardless of what they believe they are accepted and loved. That there role was to grow up and to learn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,403
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I have to agree. Oftentimes one of the best witnessing tools is living as God would have us live.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Time and patience...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Waiting2BwithHim said:

Here's a scenario.. let's say that there's a brother 8/sister 7 that was put up for adoption. The biological parents taught the kids there was no God.

This is what they know now. Now this couple who believes in God adopts these children and tell the kids there's a God.

They so no there isn't. My parents said there wasn't. How then would you go on to teach the kids there's a God? What would you do after all your trying to tell them they still won't believe you. What then would you do?

I would tell the children that their biological parents were wrong. There is a God. I would take them to Sunday School to be around other children who know God. I would read them Bible stories when they go to bed and as a family you should pray at the table and read devotions as a family. Allow them to see that God is a part of your family by the way you live. Don't continually correct them but if they ask questions about God answer them. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Waiting2BwithHim said:

Teach by example. Pray together in front of them. Share with them the simplicity of the Gospels as a starting point. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86

22 hours ago, Waiting2BwithHim said:

Be patient.....you have years of indoctrination to overcome. Keep praying and keep planting the seeds. Show them some God videos...kids love that. Keep reading kid Bible stories every night and discuss with them. 

It is just a matter of time, sister. They are God’s now....that is why He brought them to you. (Wink)

im praying too.........

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

My time as a Christian child was very short, and then my parents left the church and haven't returned since. I went through an atheistic period as a teenager, only to turn back to the Bible later. Those roots, the beginning points, can mean allot.

I'd recommend simply setting a good example and not being too forceful about it. Children aren't often quite able to appreciate and comprehend such things until they're older, anyhow. Don't forget to pray, either.

• Loved it! 2